VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
San Rafael

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Six Nations Rugby

San Francisco Jan 22, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Visiting San Antonio first weekend in February but desperate to watch the England v France game on the 4th. Is there anywhere in San Antonio or immediate area that we cold do this? Many thanks

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Can I do Catalina and Balboa island in one day

Newport Beach Feb 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Staying at the holiday inn express Newport for 3 nights...no car...
      Already booked and paid after I realised not walking distance to beach at all...
      Can uber to Laguna one day and I thought these 2 islands would be a great idea...

more
    • Weather November

California Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM

I know I asked yesterday about Florida but we are also looking at Palm/Desert Springs California - what is the weather liable to be like in November

Will the roads be snow free to Las Vegas and what is the weather liable to be like in Vegas in November.

Plan to possibly fly to Los Angeles - use Desert/Palm Springs and tour from there and possibly take a few days out to visit Vegas - could even fly into Vegas if the flights were cheaper

Many thanks for so many questions

more
    • Internatiola flight to lax and then national flight

Los Angeles Jan 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM

We are arriving at 26.September at LAX

Our flight - LX40 Swiss - will arrive at 4:30PM, we checked online that is usually on time.

We want to fly the same day from LAX to Las vegas. How much stopover time should we calculate?

Possible flights:
      7:05 PM - Delta
      9:05 PM - United
      10:40 PM - United

We currently looking at the 7:05 PM, but we don't know, is 2.5 hrs enough for transfer - to less or to much?

more
    • Yosemite Valley

Yosemite National Park Feb 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning of going to Yosemite valley in about a week (17-18 feb 2017). Will we be able to drive there from the west (Mariposa) without any snow chains on the car? Is the road even open?
      Thanks in advance for answer!

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Where to watch Soccer? (futbol)

by DJStarr Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Just moved here - would like to find a place in town or nearby to watch Fox Soccer or Bein Sports channel, especially when Spain and Barcelona are playing. Sunday's a big game for Spain (vs. Brazil) - anyone know of anywhere, anyone local care to join me???

4 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • SERBIAN CHRISTMAS!

by maryimilos Online Now Jan 1, 2008 at 10:40 AM

I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE CLOSE TO SAN RAFAEL WHERE THEY CELEBRATE SERBIAN CHRISTMAS ! THANKS

• How to get from San Francisco to San Rafael?

by rmadapati Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I would like to know whats the best, cheapest and most optimal way to get from Powell Street, San Francisco to 5th Avenue, San Rafael is? I am totally new to San Francisco and any help on public transportation for this route would be greatly useful. I was thinking taking a cab, but I heard it could cost upwards of70, which is astronomical for me, so is there a much cheaper and more optimal way to travel from San Fran to San Rafael? Please let me know...thanks a lot!

3 Answers Oct 22, 2007 at 5:58 PM

by dyyllaann Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 1:32 PM

san rafael is boring!! is there a place with free music around here thats actually good? a little more punk, a little less country/hippie music...?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 9:31 PM
    • october/november in San Rafael

by ClaraZZ Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to attend an English course (I'm Italian and my English really needs to be improved...)at Dominican University in October/November, but I have a few doubts.
      Is it true that it rains all the time in that period of the year?
      Maybe it's not the best time to come to San Rafael...especially if I'm staying only for a month.
      Can anyone give me a piece of advice?

Thank You!

6 Answers Aug 21, 2007 at 9:28 AM
    • ustraian's Profile Photo

Hostel/dorm accommodation in San Rafael

by ustraian Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 11:34 AM

I need to be in San Rafael around 8 AM on Saturday morning (July 28) and wish to avoid a 2.5 hour drive. Is it possible to find a place to spend Friday night in San Rafael or nearby (up to 10 miles) for about30 to50? Hostel/dorm accommodation is acceptable (I am not a student). If someone could provide some insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM
    • biking and getting my bike to San Rafael

by clogsdon Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 10:06 PM

I'm planning on flying to San Francisco and finding my way to San Rafael. How is the best way to get from SFO to San Rafael if I'm bringing a bicycle with me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

5 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 9:28 PM
    • FredMarlin's Profile Photo

train ride

by FredMarlin Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Is there a state park close by San Rafael that a person can wind surf and ride a train in the same park? I heard there was. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM