VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

San Lorenzo de El Escorial Travel Answers

change location
jean_valjean's Profile Photo

A good place to stay in San Lorenzo?

by jean_valjean Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 7:18 AM

I am looking for informaiton on a good place to stay for a few days in San Lorenzo de El Escorial. I hope to make it a home base to visit the El Escorial, Avila, Segovia, and La Granha. Most web posting give little information and what I have seen it was not good. We prefer small family run hotels to large tourist hotels. I found a small place in San Lorenzo "Posada Don Jaime" does anyone know this hotel? Has anyone stayed there and is it a practical base for my plans?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Aerond's Profile Photo

RE: A good place to stay in San Lorenzo?

by Aerond Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 1:51 AM

If you plan to move by public transport, San Lorenzo is not the best place to move to Segovia and la Granja. You then may choose a non-touristic place as is Collado Villalba, which is much better comunicated (although reaching La Granja by public transport can be tricky). If you´re going by car, then San Lorenzo should be nice. Don´t stay in a posada and check Hotel Miranda Suizo, which is next to the monastery and a nice place to stay. It´s not so small, but here in Spain it can be difficult to find a good family run hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near San Lorenzo de El Escorial