San Fruttuoso

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Oct 18, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Me and my 2 friends are travelling to Cinque Terre from 28th Oct till 31st Oct 2016. We are using Riomaggiore as our home base. Since all our bookings are done, I would like to be prepared for our stay. Do you think Cinque Terre (Restaurants, Hotels, Pubs, hiking trails etc.) will be partially closed during our stay given its an off season? also, will it rain a lot or will I face bad weather? I would really love to enjoy the sea view but I am Little worried about the weather. I understand none can predict climatic changes but your answers would really help me.

• town of SF

by ittiandro Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM

HI, S.F. lovers!

Funny! I almost grew up near SF, which I have visited countless times either by walking from Camogli ( or Portofino) or by boat, but I never ever known there was a village there! To me, SF was just the beach, the beach-front abbey, the Doria tombs, the few houses scattered up the hill and, last but not least, a beach-front restaurant where they served a fabulous fritto misto ( seafood platter). Can anybody tell me how you get into town once you land at the local wharf by boat or you arrive at the trail-end from Portofino?
      I'll probably go back soon and get directions locally, but I thought i'd ask some of you seasoned visitors.

Thank you for your comments. Grazie mille.

Franco V.

Montreal, Canada

1 Answer Sep 15, 2011 at 3:22 AM