change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• oromer's Profile Photo

A day by car in Kos

Kos Oct 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM

We stay Portobello Royal hotel, west to Kardamena.
      Want to rent a car for 1 day.
      Please recomendations what to see and where to go,
      Thank you

• Ferry from Mykonos

Naxos Island Oct 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM

Coming to Naxos in September 2017 -fly into mykonos -flight due in 13:35 -what is the frequency of the ferries

Is it best to pre-book and what ferry companies operate this route

• Travelling From athens Need to get to Likoporia ? HELP !!!

Likoporia Oct 3, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Hi, Can someone help us, we will be 5 all up. 2 Adults and 3 Kids.
      Can we catch a Train From the Airport to Likopria ?

Thanks in advance

• Corfu - help with place to stay

Corfu Island Sep 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Hi there,

Hoping for your opinions on which area to stay in Corfu!

We have 4 nights in Corfu (July 9th - July 13th 2017).

We have 5 adults and 2 children (6 and 8 years old).

I have done lots of research but can't work which area to stay - it looks like there are many beautiful palces!!

What we would like:

- close to a beach

- close to tavernas

- 3-4 bedroom villa with private pool

We would also like to have a little explore of Corfu old town.

We don't need to be close to night clubs or late night bars.

Which town / area would be best, in your opinion for a group of 7 with a nice beach and nice village / tavernas?

I am wondering after a LOT of reading about Kassiopi...?

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Time on Islands & Order

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I have 8-9 days to spend on the Greek islands and I have narrowed it down to Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos. Any comments on how many days you would spend on each? Also, what order would you recommend to do them in according to ferry schedule?

• Bus x96 to airport

Piraeus Oct 9, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Can we catch the Bus X96 to the Athens Airport close to the Metro (or subway) station? Is this bus stop location the closest from Cruise Terminal A? Is this bus stop the start of the route to the airport? Can we buy tickets from the bus driver?

Many thanks

• Children's play areas

Skiathos Island Oct 4, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Hi, just wandering if there any recommendations for children. We are hoping to stay at Maria Yiannis in Troulos and although this doesnt sound very child friendly the location looks superb. Are there any outdoor play areas / parks for children.

If not i'm sure we'll be fine building sandcastles ;-)

• tourist information in chinia

Crete Island Sep 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM

We will visit chania in November during our cruise (Souda port). Where is the tourist information center to get maps and information?
      thank you

• transportation between Piraeus and Athens airport

Piraeus Oct 6, 2016 at 8:54 AM

I will go to the Athens airport from the cruise port in Piraeus in November 2016. What is the best cost-effective means of transportation? How much would cost a taxi? Is it easy to take the subway from Piraeus to go to the airport?

Thank you for your comments.

• skyeman887's Profile Photo

Walking/Historical Guide(s)

Crete Island Sep 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

I have booked a last minute holiday to Crete 11-19 Oct 16, staying in Bali, and I'm looking for a guide(s) to show me the local historical sites and possibly climb to the top of the island.

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Ferry Tickets

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I arrive at the Athens airport around 10 am and I see that a lot of the ferries leave at 7 am for the islands. There are others that sail around 2 pm for Santorini but would get into destination port late at night which I would prefer to avoid. I therefore figured that I would stay the first night in Athens and then take the 7 am ferry the next day. My question is, can I purchase ferry tickets at the airport or can they only be purchased at Piraeus? I thought I saw on the website that you may be able to purchase online but you still need to have the tickets printed off at the port. True?

Near Samothraki Island

• Camping Sites

by IanR37 Online Now Aug 2, 2016 at 7:30 AM

Where can we camp unorganized in samothraki? We would just like to know some nice places to set up a tent.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2016 at 7:53 AM
    • camping sites

by nir.greece Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Where can we camp in samothraki ?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Ferries to Samothraki from Limnos or Mitilini

by wesma Online Now May 23, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hello everyone!
      I'm planning an island hopping trip from Rhodes to Alexandroupolis in August and unexpectingly came across a problem with ferries to Samothraki. It seems that there are no ferries to Samothraki from neighbouring islands like Mitilini (Lesvos) or Limnos (at least they are not seen on the webpages on the major ferry companies). On the other hand, Lonely Planet and other tourist guidebooks mention that these ferry connections do exist. Can anyone clarify what's going on with the ferries in this part of the world and where the information on timetables can be obtained? Thank you!

2 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    • gwendar's Profile Photo

by gwendar Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM

hi there fellow travelers, can anyone recomend any hotels on the island.have tried to e mail a few, but as yet have had no joy thanks peter.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2007 at 1:49 AM
    • Windmiller's Profile Photo

by Windmiller Online Now May 25, 2005 at 3:02 PM

I will travel to Northern Greece including Samothraki in July and would like to have general info on the island I hear free camping is easy there and nature is wild and beautiful with large forests,hotsprings and waterfalls.

Also looking for possible fellow travel companions or free campers.

3 Answers May 27, 2005 at 2:42 PM
    • best way to get there

by Abbiegail Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 3:10 PM

i am arriving in athens on the 24 i need details on the best way to get to the samothraki island and the cheapest way too. i am hoping to go to Crete after aswell so any information on that would be loved