change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• oromer's Profile Photo

A day by car in Kos

Kos Oct 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM

We stay Portobello Royal hotel, west to Kardamena.
      Want to rent a car for 1 day.
      Please recomendations what to see and where to go,
      Thank you

• Ferry from Mykonos

Naxos Island Oct 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM

Coming to Naxos in September 2017 -fly into mykonos -flight due in 13:35 -what is the frequency of the ferries

Is it best to pre-book and what ferry companies operate this route

• Travelling From athens Need to get to Likoporia ? HELP !!!

Likoporia Oct 3, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Hi, Can someone help us, we will be 5 all up. 2 Adults and 3 Kids.
      Can we catch a Train From the Airport to Likopria ?

Thanks in advance

• Corfu - help with place to stay

Corfu Island Sep 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Hi there,

Hoping for your opinions on which area to stay in Corfu!

We have 4 nights in Corfu (July 9th - July 13th 2017).

We have 5 adults and 2 children (6 and 8 years old).

I have done lots of research but can't work which area to stay - it looks like there are many beautiful palces!!

What we would like:

- close to a beach

- close to tavernas

- 3-4 bedroom villa with private pool

We would also like to have a little explore of Corfu old town.

We don't need to be close to night clubs or late night bars.

Which town / area would be best, in your opinion for a group of 7 with a nice beach and nice village / tavernas?

I am wondering after a LOT of reading about Kassiopi...?

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Time on Islands & Order

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I have 8-9 days to spend on the Greek islands and I have narrowed it down to Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos. Any comments on how many days you would spend on each? Also, what order would you recommend to do them in according to ferry schedule?

• Bus x96 to airport

Piraeus Oct 9, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Can we catch the Bus X96 to the Athens Airport close to the Metro (or subway) station? Is this bus stop location the closest from Cruise Terminal A? Is this bus stop the start of the route to the airport? Can we buy tickets from the bus driver?

Many thanks

• Children's play areas

Skiathos Island Oct 4, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Hi, just wandering if there any recommendations for children. We are hoping to stay at Maria Yiannis in Troulos and although this doesnt sound very child friendly the location looks superb. Are there any outdoor play areas / parks for children.

If not i'm sure we'll be fine building sandcastles ;-)

• Help in planning to get to Terra Vibe Park for Depeche Mode concert 2017

Athens Oct 23, 2016 at 1:13 AM

All the fieldtickets sold out so quickly in Holland that we decided to take a short holiday to Athens, to see the concert in Terra Vibe. We probably arrive on the evening of the concert at around 18:00 at our hotel, and we have to get to the Terra Vibe park (concert starts at 21:30). Preferable by bus, but we're not sure if it fits in the timetable of getting there in time? And if we should buy tickets up front (from who, where?).

Anyone able to help out here?

• transportation between Piraeus and Athens airport

Piraeus Oct 6, 2016 at 8:54 AM

I will go to the Athens airport from the cruise port in Piraeus in November 2016. What is the best cost-effective means of transportation? How much would cost a taxi? Is it easy to take the subway from Piraeus to go to the airport?

Thank you for your comments.

• skyeman887's Profile Photo

Walking/Historical Guide(s)

Crete Island Sep 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

I have booked a last minute holiday to Crete 11-19 Oct 16, staying in Bali, and I'm looking for a guide(s) to show me the local historical sites and possibly climb to the top of the island.

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Ferry Tickets

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I arrive at the Athens airport around 10 am and I see that a lot of the ferries leave at 7 am for the islands. There are others that sail around 2 pm for Santorini but would get into destination port late at night which I would prefer to avoid. I therefore figured that I would stay the first night in Athens and then take the 7 am ferry the next day. My question is, can I purchase ferry tickets at the airport or can they only be purchased at Piraeus? I thought I saw on the website that you may be able to purchase online but you still need to have the tickets printed off at the port. True?

Near Samos Island

• considering retiring in samos or open to other island and I need some help

by esthtcn1 Online Now Nov 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hi, I'm uk citizen and have been living in virginia bch va usa as us citizen. My family live in uk and I'm wanting to live closer to them without living in uk! Im female 64 yrs. I will be living off my uk/usa pension/social security. I will need to feel safe & secure, so interested in crime rates, where best to live and not!
      What are requirements for living permanently in greece as uk citizen. Can I work or open a small business, I'm in skin care field offering customized facial treatments & retail skin care products.
      What kind of money will I be looking at for accommodation, food, utilities, travel etc. Are there theaters close buy? Does samos still have things to do after tourists have left. (I'm not a drinker, so not interested in bar scene). I would like to get involved in the community, I like to keep busy but also love my quiet time too. I love learning new skills & hobbies and enjoy people. I might even be interested in an online business, if I could figure out what type, and it would help financially, (any ideas?) Also, how difficult is it to open a bank account and have pension deposited?
      If you have any Information that would be beneficial I would appreciate it.
      My sister and I are planning a visit this year to visit a couple of islands or so. I'd love to hear about your experiences and wisdom. Kind regards, linda

11 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Going around in Samos Island

by ewoonyl Online Now May 19, 2014 at 6:48 AM

I will be going for a day trip to Samos Island. Which village should I visit and are there frequent buses between villages? I would need to get back to Kusadasi at 5pm on the same day.

Best Regards.

2 Answers May 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • Transport from samos airport to ferry port

by MCHorn Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM

How far is the bus stop in kleopatras street from the airport? Can it be walked easily?

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Information on Balos

by babyellie Online Now May 19, 2006 at 4:53 AM

We have booked a holiday for july this year and are staying in Balos, we enjoy the quieter areas and are thinking of hiring a car to get out and about but are unsure if we should get a car from the airport and drive to Balos given that we have not been before and are unaware of the area or directions. So my questions are.

Would it be easy to get from the airport to Balos driving ourselves or should we get a taxi and any idea on prices and time to reach Balos.

Also if anyone knows where we could get more information about this area it would be great as it is off the beaten track a little we are finding it hard to get much info.

Any information anyone may have would be very much appriciated

Thanks x

• aeginalad's Profile Photo

bus service

by aeginalad Online Now Oct 22, 2004 at 8:15 AM

Does anyone know if there is a reasonable bus service fromKambos to any other part of Island , say to Pythagorian or Vathi Thanks

3 Answers May 15, 2006 at 5:43 AM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel on Samos?

by AcornMan Online Now Apr 30, 2004 at 12:10 PM

My wife and I are looking for inexpensive accommodations on Samos for about 5-7 nights. We would like to be near a beach, but we don't to be right on it. We just want a clean, quiet place with a private toilet and shower and decent rates. I do not know which part of the island we'll be staying on, so any location is fine.

1 Answer May 3, 2004 at 9:28 AM