Travel Answers
Samarkand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First time travelling to Uzbekistan, Samarkand. Is there a street called Saasi?

by Raredaredevil Online Now Nov 27, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm travelling to Samarkand, Uzbekistan next month from the 18th December to 6th January. I will be there for 19 days. It's my first time going to Uzbekistan. I'm going there to visit my girlfriend as a tragedy happened to her life recently. A fire broke out in her house and her grandmother died as she couldn't be rescued in time. This happened all at night when everyone in her family was sleeping. I feel horrible and I can't imagine the pain she is going through right now. I wish I'm there for her right now. I'm sorting out my visa at the moment and just booked my flight. I plan to give her a surprise visit, to be there to support her and her family and celebrate Christmas and New Year with them.

I have the address of my girlfriend's house but I can't seem to find it on Google Map. She is from Samarkand and the street name is called Saasi but I can't seem to find or heard of any street names is Samarkand called Saasi.

My Ukrainian friend also helped me to post on a Samarkand forum but the people there don't seem to know this street name. fromuz.com/forum/index.php?s...

I'd appreciate if there are any Uzbeks here or anyone who have travelled to Samarkand to give me more information about the city so I can plan my trip as I'll be going there all alone without any clue.

13 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    • SherylB.'s Profile Photo

I saw beautiful fashions by a designer made of scarves into dresses, jacket's and more!

by SherylB. Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Can you tell mer name and location? Where can I purchase her design's! They were so exciting! Part Arabian night's, Part totally original and beautiful print's!

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • EmilioLopez's Profile Photo

Silk Road

by EmilioLopez Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 4:53 PM

I intend to go to Silk Road in May, I'd like to know some tips for this region and also if it is a safe place to visit.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2005 at 4:15 AM