Travel Answers
Salt Lake City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to get down in Ahmedabad while coming from Dwarka, to reach Airport..?

India Aug 10, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I would be travelling to Gujrat in next month for four days. On last day night I would be travelling from Dwarka to Ahmedabad in bus. I have to reach Airport in Ahmedabad. So, Where Should I get down in Ahmedabad while coming from Dwarka. Please mention the bus stop names which would be near to Airport.? I've early morning flight to catch.

more
    • transport to bundi

Jaipur 21 hours ago

I'm tempted to get a taxi from Jaipur to Bundi if it's safe to do so. Also wondering about a taxi Bundi to Sanganer; this might be more sensible than retracing to Jaipur, then bus to Sanganer - which I imagine would probably be a full day excursion.

more
    • Searching for Villas,Bunglaws,Homestays,Individual houses,Apartments for our Trip

Goa Aug 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Dear VT,

We are 8 Members (Men) from Chennai (South India) coming to Goa on January 07 2017.Our Check in would be on January 07 and check out will Jan 12(Total 5 Nights),We are looking for best and cheap accommodation in Villas,Bunglaws,Guest houses,Individual house,homestays in North goa.We looking only for Entire property or individual which is attached to resorts or hotels also.So I kindly request you all to provide me the best details or reference for our stay.

more
    • Planning to travel North East in September last.

India Aug 10, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to North East from Delhi for about 10 days. Since I know 10 days is not much to complete all the seven sisters, I am planning to leave Assam and Arunachal out of it( since these are very big states and would try to cover them separately some other time). So, can some one help me in:
      a. Out of remaining five(Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura), which two -three shall I pick. I want to spend some time rather than just touching all the states.
      b. From security point of view which ones are safe. We all are males from Delhi.
      c. Is September end, October first right time to do it or they still remain impacted by the retreating monsoons.

Please feel free to point out any thing I have missed that I shall take care.

Thanx fellow travellers.

more
    • Cab from Kochi Airport to Munnar- Please intimate

Munnar Aug 4, 2016 at 3:38 AM

Hi ,

I am travelling from Munnar to Kochi Airport on 15th August. I will be reaching to Kochi Airport by 15th August 10 AM in the morning. Since the cab fares are quite high from Kochi to Munnar due to charging on return journey as an inclusion - I would like to offer my cab from Kochi airport to Munnar on a reasonable fare.

Please feel free to contact me on +91 8879390047 or drop a note to anigam1184@gmail.com

more
    • Can we get some rooms to Fresh up ?

Palani Jul 27, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi,
      Im planning to visit Palani from chennai, however want to know are there any rooms available to get fresh up after night journey other than lodges or hotels,Thanks in advance

more
    • where to stay

Goa Yesterday

Hi all!

I’m thinking of planning a trip to Goa for a (much-needed) holiday. Can anyone help me out with the best resorts/ time of year to travel? I’m hoping to soak up a bit of sun, explore the cultural attractions and do a little shopping. I’ve heard there are some absolute steals in Goa! Also, if anyone has a rough idea on prices (transport, food etc.) that’d be really helpful too. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Rahamat's Profile Photo

Manali Trip in March 2017

Manali Aug 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I am planning to go to Manali in mid March 2017 and wish to know if this is the good time in terms of weather and what activities will be available. Is this a busy time? What sort of traffic is expected during this time.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping at Hyderabad International Airport for 5 hours before flight departure at 1.40 am

Hyderabad Aug 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Can i know whether tourists at Hyderabad International Airport can sleep at the airport halls for 5 hours without checking-into a hotel if their departure time is the next day at 1.40 am?

more
    • Easiest way to reach ginger tree beach resort

Goa Aug 2, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Hi this is Deepak. I have booked ginger tree beach resort , situated on condolim - calangute road for 12 to 15 Aug. Would like to know the easiest and cheapest way to reach there. And guide me how to plan a trip for above mentioned span.
      Thanks

more
    • Srinagar Tour on 7Aug 2016

State of Jammu and Kashmir Jul 25, 2016 at 5:02 AM

Hi I have Trip Planned on 7 Aug 2016 for Srinagar - Kashmir, This was planned 5 months ago. Please suggest any chances of Kashmir going back to Normal by that time as present situation was very much tense

more
    • Chandrabhaga Fair accommodation

India Aug 15, 2016 at 5:20 PM

This tempting alternative to Pushkar is off the beaten track and the few local hotels(Jhalawar) seem predictably booked out for those few November days. Does anyone know of alternatives? I'm am individual traveller who doesn't like group tours.

more
    • ardelean's Profile Photo

Dress in Temples

Chennai (Madras) Aug 1, 2016 at 9:51 AM

What is suitable dress for a western man and a western woman when visiting a temple for a wedding?

more
    • Gecko Tours VS Intrepid Tours

India Aug 16, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I'm a 23 year old female planning to travel India in early Feb 2017 by myself.

I was intending on doing the 16 day South India Unplugged Tour (Intrepid) but they've recently changed the itinerary (and name) and increased the price. Because of this I had a look at other tours offered in the same area of India. I came across the Gecko Tour 'Simply South India' which has a very similar itinerary, although cuts out Madurai and Periyar National Park. This tour is only 13 days but over $300 cheaper.

But through looking at varying tours, I've discovered India Gecko tours average age is around 18-30 whereas India Intrepid tours have ages from 15-70.

I'm simply seeking advise on both tour age ranges, even though Intrepid states that the ages could be 15-70, what is the actual average age? And are families likely to be on these types of tours?

As a solo female traveller, I think I would enjoy travelling with like minded travellers around my age.

I'm also seeking advise on the 2 destinations that I'd be missing out on. Is the $300 saving and more appropriate age group worth missing out on 3 days and 2 destinations? I am currently a University student so money is slightly tight. Would I be best using this $300 saving to put it towards other India activities when I finish the tour or in North India.

Here are the links to the tours:

intrepidtravel.com/au/india/...

geckosadventures.com/en-au/i...

And the tour I plan on going from

Goa - Mumbai - Varanasi - Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Mathura & Vrindavan for Holi Festival.

All up in India for about 45 days (then moving onto South East Asia but that's for another forum)

A little more about myself. I'm basically up for anything, hiking, camel rides, desert safari's, you name it. Any North India suggestions would also be awesome!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

more
    • Ishadsouza's Profile Photo

Which survival kit should i have in journey ?

India Aug 16, 2016 at 3:41 AM

I heard a lot about Indian places where i can get different experience of life, But as i know In India, some places are not safe for girls, so my concern is which survival kit should i have in this journey or leave myself on Indian gov. ?

more
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Hotel in Varanasi?

Varanasi Jul 28, 2016 at 7:10 AM

TV friends
      I would like to have some indications hotels or inns with a good cost / benefit in Varanasi, close to Gaths (will travel in November)
      Thank you very much

more
    • buying railway tickets from the Indian Railway on line

India Jul 26, 2016 at 2:21 AM

who can help me
      It was not possible to buy tickets on line through the website of the Indian Railway, Cleartrip and approved agents
      in India.

Many thanks for help

more
    • any restrictions bathing from the 22 wells

Rameswaram Jul 24, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Can anyone take a bath from the 22 wells.? Someone told me only those whose father had passed on were to take the bath implying, those whose fathers were alive should not.

more
    • Driving to Tanot

Jaisalmer Aug 13, 2016 at 4:05 AM

As a foreigner (English), with a self-drive hire car (4x4), can I drive to Tanot from Jaisalmer? Do I need a permit? If so, where do I get one and what does it cost?

more
    • Goa in september

Goa 15 hours ago

I have already planned a trip to goa this September 9th, now that I am reading about the weather I am afraid we won't be able to swim and explore the restaurants shops and culture due to the weather! Am panicking should I cancel my trip??

Thank you

more
    • Safe to visit?

Darjeeling Aug 7, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Darjeeling and Gangtok next month for a week in September, seeing the current conditions in Assam is it safe to visit both these places?

more
    • I'll be for 12 hours on Mumbai airport on transit to Japan and 17 hours on our way back to Paris

Mumbai Aug 5, 2016 at 10:28 AM

My question is, if it's safe to grab a pre-paid taxi to the city and if we have sufficient time to do it. On the 17 hours stop it will be at night and we need a hotel to stay for a few hours of sleep. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance

more
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Transfer Jaisalmer to Delhi

Jaisalmer Aug 7, 2016 at 5:58 AM

VT friends

Hello!

In November I will be finalizing the Jaisalmer trip to Delhi and would like to know if any of you know a transfer (car or van) to do this Jai-Del trip, since there is only train once a week and Jaisalmer has no airport.

Thank you very much

more