VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Salou Travel Answers

change location

First visit to salou in a few weeks time.

by bluerose1952 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Hi. going to Salou for the first time in march.We know nothing about the area at all and i would welcome any comments about places to go/eat/drink etc...Not interested in the theme park or water parks.
We are staying at Los Peces..Can anyone tell me about these apartments and whats close by.?

Cheers.Sue.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Re: First visit to salou in a few weeks time.

by alectrevor Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Close by is Cambrils to the south of Salou and Tarragona to north ,both by bus. Barcelona is one hour by train. All are worth a visit in my eyes. Take a look at my VT salou page if you wish

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bishikawa11's Profile Photo

Re: First visit to salou in a few weeks time.

by bishikawa11 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Salou has nice a nice beach and the town itself is a tourist resort with plenty of bars and clubs full of drunk Brits.

I highly recommend Tarragona, just to the north, for some rich Roman history and modern Catalan culture. It's a small city (maybe 150,000), the former Roman capital of Iberia, with lots of cool Roman ruins, a lively city center, a nice beach, a rambla for late night strolling, plenty of good places for dinner.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: First visit to salou in a few weeks time.

by bluerose1952 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Thank you to you both...i.ll soon find out arrive tommorrow..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines