How many clubs in Salisbury are open on Monday night?
What is the cheapest place to eat? For everyday meals?
Hello everyone, what is the cheapest place to stay in Salisbury? I mean a long stay like 10 days, any recommendation?
What are the road directions to drive from Salisbury to Gatwick
We will be passing through Wiltshire by car on Christmas Day. I understand Stonehenge is closed that day. Is there anything of Stonehenge to be seen from any of the roads nearby? I'm guessing there are very few vantage points (ie. hills) nearby...
We are planning to visit Salisbury from Wembley in end of December. We are planning to see Stonehenge, Cathedral, and Old Sarum. We were also interested in visiting Bath. The questions are-
1. Can we club both in a day?
2. If not, will it be more advisable (and economical) to stay in one of these cities instead on returning to Wembley and coming back next day.
3. If we stay in the region for couple days are there any other attractions we shouldn't miss?
Thanks in advance for your tips.
What is the cost to travel by bus from Gatwick Airport to Salisbury? (Visiting from Canada).
How long is the bus ride from Salisbury to Stonehenge and do they run often?
Have a rec for a comfy & pretty B*B in the area???
Heard about The Old Rectory - don't know if it's nice or what?
we're planning a short trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath - 4 or 5 days.
Apart from the cathedral and a walk around the city, are there many other sightseeings in Salisbury? Would a full day be enough to visit Salisbury and Stonehenge?
Is it worth to book a guided tour to Stonehenge (which company?) or just get a local bus there?
Which is better - faster and more frequent connections - (train or coach) to go from Salisbury to Bath and to Southampton?
How far is the coach station from the center?
Any other tips for the visit or for accommodation are also welcome.
We are planning to visit London and places in Scotland in July. We were looking into visiting Stonehenge via Salisbury and spend one night in Salisbury. We dont have a car and will be using the train/bus service.
1. I have been reading in some online forums that Stonehenge is crowded during summer season and not worth it. Please provide your perspective on this.
2. I have also read about the special pass you need in order to get close to the stones. Would you recommend taking this or is it still enjoyable if you do the regular pass and only get to see it from a distance?
3. How does one get to Stonehenge from Salisbury. I believe it is about 9 miles. Are there local buses? If yes, where do these start from? I am not interested in guided tours.
Thanks for all your replies
As I sometimes do, I was studying a GB road atlas, and my attention was caught by a fairly large white spot called the "Salisbury Plains". What is this place about, why is it so scarcely populated? Nuclear disaster area? Military training range? National park? No-go-zone of the local independence movement? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)