Sainte-Croix

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which island to visit - Mingan

Havre-Saint-Pierre Jul 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We'll be spending a day in mid-October in Havre Saint Pierre via cruise ship. The cruise ship offers a number of excursions offered to see some of the nearby islands. I would most like to see and photograph the monoliths, I think, but other things interest me as well. The choices I have will be a trip to Ile Niapiskau to hike a trail with oddly-shaped monoliths plus flora and fauna, a trip to Petite Ile Au Marteau (with lighthouse and flora and fauna), a trip to Ile Quarry (by zodiac, I believe), and passing Ile du Fantome before landing and exploring the Quarry monoliths, and a land trip to the Cetacean Research Center (& Innu Culture) plus photo stop at Point-Paradis. They all sound good. The difference in cost and time isn't terribly different from one to another, and physically I'm able to do any of them, so I can't decide which one to take. What I love best is photography - so I'm leaning towards seeing monoliths. However, I'm also a big lighthouse lover (have seen over 400 of them) so the chance to see a lighthouse is tempting me as well. I'm not crazy about museums, although the Cetacean Research Center sounds pretty interesting.

If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them!

more
    • Road signs

Quebec Jul 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

We will be traveling by car in rural areas near Quebec city. Are the road signs only in French or in English/French?

more
    • Siege78's Profile Photo

Montmorency Falls

Quebec Jul 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM

When staying in Quebec City what is the best way to get to the falls? Do public busses go there or is it best to book a tour?

more