change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ateach52's Profile Photo

HELP!! Late night pub/bar!

London Sep 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi all you Londoners! Arriving late at our hotel near Paddington tomorrow night (Athena). Need to meet family who are staying at Lord Jim's. Notting Hill in the middle. Any suggestions for a decent place that will still be open between 11 pm and 1 am.

more
    • Transit Visa for Filipino and Thai

Heathrow Sep 5, 2016 at 2:00 AM

A Filipino and Thai on transit at Heathrow arriving via Malaysian Airlines MH002 at 555am (Terminal 4) and departing to Iceland via Icelandair FI451 at 1240pm (Terminal 2). Do we still need a visa/transit visa?

more
    • Heathrow - Sleep in Terminal 5?

London Aug 29, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Is there any place to get good rest in Terminal 5? I have a 6 hour layover and will not have slept the night before.

more
    • Barra Outer Hebrides

The Hebrides Sep 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM

Any experience with travel to Barra? Also what about ferry from Barra to Eriskay?

more
    • Transfer from terminal 2 to 5

Heathrow Sep 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I bought an air Canada ticket from Ottawa to Glasgow. British Airways does the leg from Heathrow to Glasgow. I change from terminal 2 to terminal 5. My question is whether my bags are checked through or do I need to collect them and have them inspected at customs in terminal 2?

more
    • Traveling from Miami to Delhi via Heathrow - Do I require transit visa to travel from T 3 to T 5 ?

Heathrow Aug 29, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Hi All

I am an Indian citizen and I am travelling from Miami (USA) to Delhi (India) via Heathrow. I have a valid US B1 visa.
      The flights are -
      1. MIAMI to Heathrow (BA 206) - Terminal 3
      2. Heathrow to Delhi (BA143) - Terminal 5

I did checked the UK visa site and it says, if I have a valid US visa, I do not need a transit visa.
      I just wanted to check from anyone with same flights if this is the case.
      Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • one night in lake district

Lake District National Park Sep 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM

hi all,
      Me and my wife are going to Glasgow on 19th Sep, but we want to stay one night in lake district on our way, can anyone tell me any nice place in lake district to stay for a night, we will arrive there by 3 pm , so we will have half day to visit any nice place.

kindly send your suggestions.

Regards

more
    • which is the best cafe to meet in terminal 2 heathrow sept 6?

Heathrow Sep 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM

My husband is travelling from Edinburgh to meet me as I arrive from New Zealand on Sept 6. If one of us is delayed by an hour or so, where is best place to meet in terminal 2? Can anyone suggest a café?

more
    • Heathrow - Sleep in Terminal 5?

London Aug 29, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Is there any place to get good rest in Terminal 5? I have a 6 hour layover and will not have slept the night before.

more
    • Sharonov's Profile Photo

Taxi from Moreton in marsh to Chipping Campden

Chipping Campden 12 hours ago

Does twenty pounds sound reasonable? And yes I have the links to the taxis already but they seem to be connected.

more
    • Landing Card

Gatwick Sep 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Does Air Canada provide landing cards so I may complete one before landing?

more
    • Transit visa?

Heathrow Sep 24, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Hi, I'm traveling from Finaldn to India and having a Transit in Heathrow. I have been trying to understand do i need a transit visa or not, but seems difficult to actually understand that. I have a transit where is need to change terminal, from terminal 3 to terminal 4. I have bought the ticket under the same number, so should be a need to leave the airport, besides the transit. I'm nepalese. So any experience or help, what kind of visa do i need?

more
    • Immigration time with Biometric passport

Heathrow Sep 15, 2016 at 4:29 AM

Can anybody advise on the average time from flight landing to claim baggage and get through immigration at Terminal 3 (with a biometric Irish passport)? Flight lands on a Saturday at 14:30 coming from Dubai on Emirate. Need to catch a bus at 16:00 from Terminal 3 to Luton Airport. THANK YOU!

more
    • Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Where to go before evening ferry from Harwich

Colchester Sep 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for your time!

Towards the end of October, I'm going to be coming by car from southern England to Harwich to catch an overnight ferry to Holland. I'm going to have some time to kill from probably 1pm to around 7.30pmish, as I think check-in starts at 8pm. I'm thinking of going to Colchester zoo in the afternoon then to the Waterfront restaurant, Lower Marine Parade, Harwich then to the port to check-in.

My main concerns are the weather could turn out to be terrible, with the zoo turning out to be a bad idea, especially at this time of year. I have looked at information on Colchester itself and it looks pretty from what I can tell, but am unsure if I could spend so much time there around shops, etc.

I'm looking for options in the event of bad weather. I'm fairly open minded as to where to go, as long as it's not too far from the A12 (15-20 minutes or thereabouts) or A120.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated and sorry for the length of this!

Adam

more
    • how long to get from terminal 5 to heathrow express train station

Heathrow Sep 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I am travelling with my disabled daughter and 85 year old mum from the US to heathrow. Our flight arrives 10am, we will have to have assistance getting off the plane, so I'm guessing we'll be last off, but then we should have the buggy to take us to baggage reclaim and passport control. My question is how long will it take us to clear all the above and get to the station to catch the heathrow express to paddington? Thanks

more
    • Long layover - how much time REALLY?

Heathrow Aug 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Arriving LHR from US at 9:05a in T3. Departing T5 at 10:40p (almost 14 hours). I want to go into London, and leave my carry-on at the Excess baggage counter. That means returning to T3 to get my bags, then transferring to T5... How much time do I REALLY have to tour? Or put another way, when must I depart downtown London (via the Underground, not Heathrow Express) to safely make my flight?

more
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Legoland, Chessington, Sealife

London Sep 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Hi,

Not exactly a London question, but was wondering if anyone could advise as to the best day of the week to visit each of the above. We will be staying between Friday and Thursday and have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old. I know weekdays are obviously quieter to visit but wondering if perhaps at least one of them would be doable on Saturday or Sunday so as to have a break in between each. I assume a full day is needed for each. We also plan to visit the natural history museum to see the dinosaur exhibit on another day.

How best to go about planning our stay please? Trip is planned for end October.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and any other good things you can recommend for our boys to enjoy in London are welcome!

more
    • Maline's Profile Photo

Good London areas to stay for vacation?

London Sep 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Hi! I am going to London in middle novemberfor a 4-night stay with a friend. I need advice as to where in London to book a hotel. Ideally I would like some place centrally located, with plenty of good budget restaurants, clothes stores, book stores, cafés and parks. I am not going to any of the big attractions such as Buckingham palace or Madame Tussauds, so proximity to tourist attractions is of non value. I want nice relaxed atmoshere, a safe neighbourhood and plenty of people-gazing opportunities. Also, if there are any places known for great Pokemon-spawns, thats a plus!

Is Soho good? Regents park?
      Please help! /Maline

more
    • Visiting Scotland for the first time

Scotland Aug 28, 2016 at 1:12 AM

We re planning to visit Scotland between christmas and new year and would like some advice please. Read that its best not to drive in Edinburgh so we re planning to rent a car after we visit there. We have only 6 days in total and would like to make the best of them. As to accomodation we would like to have a fixed base and we change only once. We prefere to stay in cottages.
      Thanks a lot.

Marica

more
    • Edinburgh to glasgow

Edinburgh Sep 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I need to make the 0548 sleeper at glasgow station but my hotel is in edinburgh. What are my options for transportation at this time

more
    • Tranfers and Baggage

Heathrow Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Hi All,
      Hoping you can help me, this is the first time I have flown ever and I am going to mexico alone to meet my girlfriend.
      I have booked flight from leeds to heathrow, heathrow to dallas, dallas to monterrey mexico.
      I am hoping you can help put my mind at ease on the following points.....

1. Transfer times...... when I arrive at heathrow I am flying in on british airways and have 1 hour 15 to transfer to a finn air flight.
      Is this enough time?
      will I need to collect my bags?
      When arriving in dallas I have 2hours 50 to make transfer, again is this enough will I need to get baggage?
      I also heard you have to go through all security again, is this correct.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am a little concerned having never been in an airport before!
      Big thanks

Tom

more
    • HDHansen's Profile Photo

3 questions on long-walks and spur of moment decisions.

United Kingdom Aug 28, 2016 at 5:07 PM

1) Anyone out there been crazy enough to do the LEJOG (Land's End to John O'Groats / End-to-End) walk or others similar and what are your top tips?

2) What are the top tips on finding over-night accommodations day-to-day rather than planning ahead?

And 3) What's the best way to buy a train or bus ticket the day of w/o going broke?

more
    • maria.hamlaoui's Profile Photo

visa to uk

United Kingdom Aug 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM

hello im applying for my husband to come and visit me next few months and i wanted to know about a letter of invitation
      can anyone help me about this if they know about inviting someone to visit thanks

more
    • yumyum's Profile Photo

My old oyster card

London Sep 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Hi, how can I find out how much money I still have on my card? I haven't used it for many years. And I don't remember how to top it up. Can I stick it into a ticket machine to load up?
      Thanks!

more
    • How safe is it to leave a rental car with luggage while we take walks in the Highlands?

Scotland Sep 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Since walks and hikes are such an integral part of a Highlands trip this question has been bugging me. We'd like to stop off for a 3-4 hour walk in Glencoe between our B&B stops in Oban and Plockton however we'll have our bags with us. Oddly enough this is the only time that it will be a problem. I suppose that we could re-arrange our day trips however we'd be doubling back to see the area - not that it would be a hardship! Anyway, can any see a problem with leaving our worldly belongings in a road-side car park for a few hours? Thanks, Pete

more