VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Saint Augustine Travel Answers

change location
jimkpa's Profile Photo

Driving down the coast via route 1A

by jimkpa Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Hello VT members. I want your advice on a driving route. Our family is driving down I-95 from PA and will spend a day and overnight Friday in St Augustine. We will end up in Orlando to check in Saturday night.

Is it a good idea to take 1A down to Daytona Beach then get I-4 over to Orlando. I am sure it will take twice as long as I95 but thought it would be scenic and memorable. Maybe stopping along way to walk out on beach if possible.

Specifically, will I have to pay tolls to get down to Daytona at bridges and State Parks? How many?

Should I do it?

Jim

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Driving down the coast via route 1A

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hey, you posted this two years ago and no answers? Just last summer we drove the route you describe, A1A from St. Augustine to Daytona Beach. This is a nice, scenic route with a few parks and some nice beach views. No tolls that I recall. Like you said, instead of one hour on I-95, it's more like two hours via A1A. In my opinion, if I have the time, I'd rather take the scenic route.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jimkpa's Profile Photo

Re: Driving down the coast via route 1A

by jimkpa Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
    Jim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Saint Augustine