change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland 14 hours ago

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland 14 hours ago

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

more
    • mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Wildlife in and around oulu.

Oulu Sep 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting my son in november at oulu university. Hoping to have a few trips out. Are there any places around oulu where we can see wolves ? I'm not sure at all what wildlife we can see if any. Will it have snowed in november? If so are there husky sledges ? What alse do you recommend?

more
    • scoobydoofast's Profile Photo

Where's the best place to get a bike?

Oulu Sep 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Hi all,

I've just started an exchange at OAMK, and I have missed out on getting a bike because I thought I didn't need one. Silly me! Now, is there anywhere around Oulu where I can get a bike for around 40€-50€, second hand if necessary?

Thanks,
      Ryan

(Also, Hi to my mother who posted the question below me!)

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Ferry reliability in December

Helsinki Aug 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Hi, would appreciate some advice on the reliability of ferry trips in the Baltic Sea during December. Plan on boarding a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki for transfer to a St Peter Line later in the day for the overnight trip to Saint Petersburg. We will be vacationing in Russia.

From my research, I have discovered there are several lines between Tallinn and Helsinki, including Tallink Silja with a 2-hour sailing departing from Tallinn at 10.30am and arriving into Helsinki at 12.30pm.
      St Peter departs Helsinki at 6pm and arrives into Saint Petersburg at 9.30am the following morning.

My questions are:
      1. How reliable are the ferries in terms of their schedule (departure and arrival times)?
      2. How frequently does the weather impact on ferry schedules during late December?
      3. St Peter Line's website appears to suggest check-in and boarding is from 1-3.30pm despite the ship only leaving at 6pm. Is this correct? I would have liked to spend a bit of time sightseeing in Helsinki.
      4. Where would you go through passport control and what would the procedure be? Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg?
      5. Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg, how long does it take ferry passengers to actually get off the ship?

Appreciate your advice, comments and experience.
      Thanks!

more
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Rovaniemi - Christmas attractions & expenses

Finland Sep 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hey guys,

I am considering visiting Rovaniemi this winter to visit the Christmas attractions.

I have some questions regarding your experiences with this destination:

1. Is it very cold - bitter cold - in winter or bearable to go outside?
      2. How well can the attractions (Santa Clause Village and cave) be reached by public transport ? (expenses?)
      3. What is the cheapest and recommended offer to do a husky or reindeer sledge ride in the snow? I only saw prices from 200 Euros upwards. Are there any cheaper offers?

Thank you for your responses and help!

Kind regards,
      travelthrough

more
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Northern lights

Finland Sep 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Can anybody tell me the best place to see the northern lights in Finland?

more
    • Wayfarer83's Profile Photo

November things to do?

Helsinki Aug 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Hello. I will be stopping in Helsinki for a few days before heading to Lapland November 15th. I have tried searching many forums and sites but November seems to be left out. Are most of the attractions open? I understand the days will be shorter, colder, wet and grey? Any suggestions for things to do during this time?

more