change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Clock Tower, Museums in Tirana

Tirana Sep 28, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hello. We'll be in Tirana next June (2017) could someone tell me what times the clock tower (next to Eth'em Bey Mosqgue) is open to climb to the top? I have read the following different schedules in books and online, and have no idea if any is correct or if they are all wrong:
      one schedule I saw says opn Monday 9-13:00, Thursday 9-13:00 and 16-18:00.
      Another gives the same times as above but on Monday, Wed, Saturday, Sunday
      Another says it's open 9-15:00 Monday-Friday.
      What is it?

Also, what are the opening hours on the National History Museum?
      Is the Bunk'Art museum open or closed and what are the hours?
      Finally, I have read that a new bunker museum was planned for a bunker in central Tirana (new Ministry of Interior) Is this open and if so, what are the times, where is that location, and what is it called?

• Jesperp's Profile Photo

Question: Albanian Railway project.

Albania Oct 7, 2016 at 5:01 AM

Is there anything about this rail project

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Driving Times from Tirana

Albania Sep 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Hello. We will be visiting Albania next June (2017). We will be renting our own car.

Could someone please tell me what driving times we should expect from Tirana to Shkoder and from Tirana to Berat? I have looked it up and read about it but have not yet gotten what I think is a fully reliable answer. I note that google maps indicates just under 2 hours from central Shkoder to central Tiran and about 2 hours or so from Tirana to Berat. How accurate is this? It seems to reasonably take into account likely speed limits (official and/or practical due to road conditions) given the distances involved, which would take a lot less time with good, clear roads.

We have never been here but have some idea what to expect on conditions. Also, we have driven through Italy (even Rome) and through much of Turkey (even driving a minivan, of all things, in Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir).

Popular Rrethi i Skraparit Travel Answer Locations