Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cafe in Tula named: "Sun"

Tula Oct 19, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Have you heard of this place in Tula? Food & drinks?

Thanks, if you know address, please post!

• DBS ferry Japan to russia.

Vladivostok Oct 1, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi Im planning to take a trip to russia on the ferry from Japan but I have a prettt heavy concern. Im lgbt and will be entering through vladivotok. Im wonderinf what immigration is like there and if Ill be able to get by with out issues or if theres some new fangled body scanner waiting for me at the port.

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

All border crossings between Russia and Belarus closed to third-country citizens?

Russia Oct 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM

It sounds like a complete nonsense - but it seem to be the case.

I am unsure, what is the situation in the reality.
      I was able to cross the border near Smolensk (I did not know about these news and simply crossed the border on a secondary road through villages). At this moment my car is near Moscow, in the garden of our friends.
      I am in the States, going back end of October.

I did not experience any issues leaving Russia.

The news are confusing. On one hand they say that the new problem affects EU citizens only (I used American passport). On the other hand some sources mention all third-country citizens.

I do not know the truth. Only that so far no one did care less about me crossing into Russia "illegally".

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Peterhof and Catherine's Palace

Saint Petersburg Oct 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Would love to visit both Peterhof and Catherine's Palace in December. I realize winter is not ideal, especially for Peterhof, but would still like to go.
      To save time, is reserving a tour a more time-effective way of doing it compared to using public transport? Is it possible to request a tour, visiting Catherine's Palace early in the morning and visiting Peterhof later in the day before returning to St Petersburg?
      Which is the best tour company to go with?

• lahjee's Profile Photo

From Kostroma to Rostov

by lahjee Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hello~! I would like to know how could I go to Rostov from Kostroma by public transportation, like which bus and where to board. Many thx!!!

2 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • Phone Number please

by marita5062 Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Does anyone have a working phone number for this hotel? I have tried (Tel. 08536-3-2081) but keep getting an error. I am dialing 011+7+853632081 - but it's not working. Thanks.

7 Answers Oct 25, 2006 at 5:39 AM
    • Rostov info?

by eepromm99 Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 8:19 AM

Hi! It looks like I will be in Rostov-on-don for a year or so training and I have a few things I am wondering about.

Would be awesome and I would be very appreciative if anyone could answer some of these questions:
      -What is the availability,speed and cost of high speed Internet i.e. DSL for unlimited usage in Rostov
      -What types of cell phone services are available and at what cost? I think I heard GSM do they offer GPRS or any other data services?
      -What would the typical cost for a reasonably nice 2-3 room apartment be?
      -What would it cost for additional services like possibly a house cleaner,laundry person, food shopper etc. Was thinking it would be nice to eliminate needing to do some of these things and get my work done more efficiently.
      -Is there anything fun to do in Rostov?
      -Is it possible to get food by delivery chinese,pizza etc?

2 Answers May 15, 2006 at 1:20 PM
    • Rostov anyone?

by HeatherBaldo Online Now Jun 9, 2003 at 4:13 PM

Hi. My husband is going to Rostov for work for a long time. In three months our daughter (7) and I will come too. What is Rostov like? What is the weather like? How strong is the dollar? Is there a McDonald's (for a happy meal!)? How much does a bottle of ibuprofen cost? Will vodka have to suffice for the occassional headache? Are there any activities for children? I also sing jazz (we are from New Orleans). Can you direct me to any information about the city whether by book or website? Thank you so much.

14 Answers Aug 26, 2003 at 11:38 PM