Ross on Wye

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Canterbury coach station to Northern France

Canterbury Oct 10, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Which places in Northern France can you get to from Canterbury coach station ?
      Which coach companies operate there ?

• heathrow to reading

London Oct 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM

1. how do I travel heathrow to reading.
      2. is there sightseeing companies from reading to london and back to Reading
      3. what hotel you would recommend in Reading. 4* +

• Stansted to London, sightseeing 2-4-1, London to Luton airport

London Oct 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM

We (1 adult and another 20 year student from EU ) are staying in London for last 7 days of January 2017, hotel is near Paddington station.

Now I am looking for best transfer between airports, transportation in London city, to WB Studio London (Euston -> Watford Junction), journey to Oxford or maybe somewhere else and sightseeing (free museums and 2-4-1 offers.)

Our Ryanair flight lands to Stansted on 25th January (Wed) 7.30am, and we fly back from Luton on January 31th 16:30 (Tue). So I'd like some advice on these things:

1. How much time will we need in Stansted when we arrive to go from the plane to shuttle stop (bus or train)? Considering queues, passport checking (we are from EU), is airport very busy in these morning hours? Coach companies recommend to leave 1 hour, will it be enough? For example, in Paris Beauvais airport walking from plane to shuttle bus took us less than 10min, but France is in Schengen Area, and UK not :/.

2. And flying back, it is recommended to be in Luton airport 2 hours before flight. With construction works going on in Luton, will it be enough? I read about huge traffic congestion to enter airport teritory and people leaving vehicles and going on foot miles not to miss the flight and some missing it. Can I trust coach companies written arrival time, will traffic situation be better in January? Or shortly, what time should I be in Luton airport, if Ryanair flight is 16:30.

Now coaches and trains

3. Infamous Easybus. In their website, I even found tickets for ~ 2-3~4£ (for two persons to and back it was around 12£ - similar to single shuttle ticket price) and 60min early/late availibility to board a coach. But do there exist people who were satisfied with Easybus services (whose bus came on time or just came, not full, and didn't have to take taxi to Airport). I heard that Easybus sell tickets to National express coaches, but the price is really lower than National Express. Do National Express tickets buyers have priority or something to Easybus buyers when bus arrives? (If arrives :D). Is there someone who had good experience with easy bus?

4. National Express. I found "funny fares" from Stansted for £5 but if I correctly understand if we are late or early due to flight, we couldn't take other bus. (+£5 for ability to have flexible times makes me want to use Stansted Express train advance tickets for £8 (available 30days before). Stansted express ticket is available that day all hours?).

National Express tickets from London to Luton airport on January 31 are for 12-13 pounds which are not very tempting. And these amendable but not refundable tickets, you have to amend the hour of travelling online in the website, you can't just board other bus which arrived in the place? Or what? How is National Express reliability?

5. I saw Stansted Citylink to St. Pancras (£8) and Greenline to Luton (£10) coaches. Do they have flexible times, if we are late/early? And reliability? (Terravision resells these tickets as Easybus does with National Express :D)

6. And lastly, I'd very much like a train to Luton airport. As we'll live in Paddington neighbourhood, I think to depart from St Pancras railway station. I saw that there are different train companies (Thameslink and East Midlands). Which would be better? Will we have to be on exact hour, or will ticket be valid all day (like Stansted express train)? And there is a bus from Luton railway station parkway to Luton airport, how long does it take, I hope it won't make us late to the flight if there is traffic congestion :(. I searched for train prices in this website: https:/… It now says £15,50 for a single ticket, but 12 weeks before journey there will be cheaper advance tickets. Does anyone know how much advance train tickets to Luton will be cheaper? And will they be tied to exact hour and minute or could I choose a time to board the train myself? I couldn't find this to make comparison to other means of transport.

7. When I'll get to central London, I plan to buy 7day paper travelcard 1-2 zone from railway station to use 2-4-1 offers. But if I had Stansted express and train to Luton tickets, they would qualify for 2-4-1, right? So maybe 7day travelcard loaded on Oyster card would be better planning to go Watford Junction (WB Studio London). I guess I'll go there on Saturday to avoid peak/off peak pricing. How long before does WB announce their tickets, it's not available yet. P.S. I read about cheap decoy train tickets, but maybe I'll do without them.

8. Living near Paddington, what attractions I could reach on foot and how much time it would take in realistic thinking? We don't have problem with walking, but if raining prefer not to get much wet :D. So transport card will be needed.

9. From 2-4-1 offers my favourites are Tower of London and London Zoo. P.S. How is London Zoo in winter, are all animals available to see? What else are worth of visiting (not tourist rip-offs) from offers? I am planning to visit Natural History, British, Science, V&A, National Gallery museums and to escape possible bad weather. How queues to the museums will be in late January. :)

So my main question is: what is the best budget- wise transport from Stansted and after seven days to Luton airport? The one reliable which won't make us miss our flight . And which hour to choose according to flight times?

P.S. Sorry for such a long post, I just had to put my thoughts into written words. And thanks very much for your answers.

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Which 3 or 4 stars hotel nearby Kings Cross Station?

London Yesterday

Hi, I need some advises for hotels nearby Kings Cross station that is clean, quite new but reasonable price and reachable by walk distance to Kings Cross station, and if possible with luggage storage facilities.
      Is The Nadler Kensington / Nadler Victoria hotel quite close to Kings Cross train station?
      Thank you beforehand for your help.

• Transit visa?

Heathrow Sep 24, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Hi, I'm traveling from Finaldn to India and having a Transit in Heathrow. I have been trying to understand do i need a transit visa or not, but seems difficult to actually understand that. I have a transit where is need to change terminal, from terminal 3 to terminal 4. I have bought the ticket under the same number, so should be a need to leave the airport, besides the transit. I'm nepalese. So any experience or help, what kind of visa do i need?

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

Taxi from Moreton in marsh to Chipping Campden

Chipping Campden Sep 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Does twenty pounds sound reasonable? And yes I have the links to the taxis already but they seem to be connected.

• Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Where to go before evening ferry from Harwich

Colchester Sep 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for your time!

Towards the end of October, I'm going to be coming by car from southern England to Harwich to catch an overnight ferry to Holland. I'm going to have some time to kill from probably 1pm to around 7.30pmish, as I think check-in starts at 8pm. I'm thinking of going to Colchester zoo in the afternoon then to the Waterfront restaurant, Lower Marine Parade, Harwich then to the port to check-in.

My main concerns are the weather could turn out to be terrible, with the zoo turning out to be a bad idea, especially at this time of year. I have looked at information on Colchester itself and it looks pretty from what I can tell, but am unsure if I could spend so much time there around shops, etc.

I'm looking for options in the event of bad weather. I'm fairly open minded as to where to go, as long as it's not too far from the A12 (15-20 minutes or thereabouts) or A120.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated and sorry for the length of this!

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

Legoland, Chessington, Sealife

London Sep 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Not exactly a London question, but was wondering if anyone could advise as to the best day of the week to visit each of the above. We will be staying between Friday and Thursday and have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old. I know weekdays are obviously quieter to visit but wondering if perhaps at least one of them would be doable on Saturday or Sunday so as to have a break in between each. I assume a full day is needed for each. We also plan to visit the natural history museum to see the dinosaur exhibit on another day.

How best to go about planning our stay please? Trip is planned for end October.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and any other good things you can recommend for our boys to enjoy in London are welcome!

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Is it allowed and possible to bring big luggage on our rail trip to Edinburgh from London?

London Oct 16, 2016 at 3:07 AM

We are planning to visit Scotland from London this coming December 2016. My itinerary will be start in London on my first arrival, then on the 3rd day, I'm planning to go to Edinburgh by train for 5-6 days and I'm just wondering if is it possible to bring my big luggage about 24" and cabin luggage with me in the train to Edinburgh? or should I just leave the big luggage in the left luggage in London station? since this is my first visit to UK and Scotland, so it would be so appreciated if anyone can give us advise or suggestion for this matter. Thank you so much for your help.

• Transport from Airport

London Oct 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hi All,

Wondering the best(cheapest and easiest) way of getting from Heathrow Airport to our Hotel in London?

We will be arriving at 6pm on Boxing Day too if that effects anything..

• Travelling to Welling, UK from which London airport

London Oct 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM

I am travelling to Welling, London in Jan 2017 from Dublin with family. I would like to know from which London airport, I could catch a direct train to Welling train station, if this option is available.

Otherwise what are my options?

• HDHansen's Profile Photo

transport between Heathrow and Cornwall

England Sep 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Besides driving, what are some good ways to get from Heathrow to Zennor in Cornwall?

• Maline's Profile Photo

Good London areas to stay for vacation?

London Sep 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Hi! I am going to London in middle novemberfor a 4-night stay with a friend. I need advice as to where in London to book a hotel. Ideally I would like some place centrally located, with plenty of good budget restaurants, clothes stores, book stores, cafés and parks. I am not going to any of the big attractions such as Buckingham palace or Madame Tussauds, so proximity to tourist attractions is of non value. I want nice relaxed atmoshere, a safe neighbourhood and plenty of people-gazing opportunities. Also, if there are any places known for great Pokemon-spawns, thats a plus!

Is Soho good? Regents park?
      Please help! /Maline

Near Ross on Wye