Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel to Montefalco

by gunnapa Online Now Oct 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM

We will be staying in Rome for a couple of days without a car. We will then be renting a car to drive to Montefalco. Is it easier to rent and drive from Tuburtina rail station or the airport?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2016 at 7:16 AM
    • ronaldm44's Profile Photo

round trip Naples-Pompei in one day from Rome

by ronaldm44 Online Now Oct 17, 2016 at 5:21 AM

Is it possible to go to Pompei and Naples by myself on one day trip ? I don't want to use the excursion from agency! Can i go by train directly to Pompei early in the morning, and then spend the afternoon in Naples?
      thanks in advance

9 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 2:09 AM
    • santanesia's Profile Photo

Soccer game in the first days of November.

by santanesia Online Now Oct 7, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Interested in going to see a soccer game in Rome between Oct. 31 and Nov. 4. Doesn't have to be First Division game; we'd just like to get the flavor of the local fans.

1 Answer Oct 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    • suggestion for hotel and hotel area

by Afra43971 Online Now Sep 20, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Hello,i and my family are going to Rome for first time in march,does any one have suggestion for family hotel and area of hotel in Rome?

4 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM
    • Take taxi from Hotel Hassler (at uphill of Spanish Steps) to St Peter's Basilica

by suginana503 Online Now Sep 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hi I would like to have lunch at Osteria Barberini and then take taxi to St Peter's Basilica.
      i've searched that there is a taxi rank across the Hassler Hotel which is 5min walk from Osteria Barberini. Anyone knows if there are many taxis waiting at the taxi rank and easy to catch? No need to wait for a long time? because i only have limited time and scared it's hard to catch the taxi there and will be late to St Peter Basilica. (as i will book the entrance)
      Please help!! thank

4 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 7:42 AM
    • Need something special in Rome

by jfogz Online Now Sep 8, 2016 at 2:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I will be in Rome in January, during which time we will be celebrating his birthday. I want to make a plan ahead of time as a surprise, most likely booking in somewhere that we can have a nice romantic dinner.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

1 Answer Sep 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM
    • Hotel accommodation in Rome and venice?

by A.G Online Now Sep 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Hi all - we are looking for a hotel accommodation in Rome, Italy for my wife , one yr old baby girl and myself for 3 nights next March 2017. Would like to be central so we can go and walk to the sites, and to the metro station. The next 2 days we would like to take the train towards venice, where we can have a romantic accomadation close by the river. Any recommendations?
      Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Sep 3, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    • JHR's Profile Photo

Where to buy ATAC CIS tickets (in vicinity of Tiburtina station?)

by JHR Online Now Aug 19, 2016 at 4:22 AM

Hello. I am treating my wife and myself to a week's holiday in Rome in September (Last time I was in Rome was 37 years ago (!!) when I was young and single. Interesting times politically and socially in 1979, between the Moro kidnapping and the Bologna bombing. All I can really remember of that holiday was being searched (properly body searched) by carabinieri armed with sub-machine guns, before getting into the Olympic stadium to watch Roma play Bologna - Roma lost 1-2 despite a humdinger of a goal from Roberto Pruzzo...)

Anyway... Our hotel is near Piazza Bologna, and so near Bologna Metro station, and not too far from Tiburtina station. Since we are in Rome for 7 days, and arrive in the morning of Day 1, my intention is to buy 2 ATAC CIS 7-day tickets as soon as possible and to start using public transport from the off. Our first journey will be from Fiumicino to Tiburtina by FL1 - for which I realise we will have to buy separate specific tickets. But when we arrive at Tiburtina, where will we be able to buy CIS tickets (so that we can make our first journey by Metro, Tiburtina to Bologna)? I am getting confused by suggestions seen on the web that CIS tickets are only available from a limited number of ATAC outlets. Is that really correct? For example, can't you buy them from ATAC ticket machines? Does anyone know Tiburtina station and its environs? If you stepped off the train from Fiumicino, where would you go to get a CIS ticket? Thanks in advance for any advice.. PS. Sorry if this sort of question has been asked before - I haven't had time to scan previous forum questions and replies. PPS. Assume I can speak reasonably good Italian - although it may take a little while for me to crank it up again.

4 Answers Aug 20, 2016 at 12:36 AM
    • accomodation within walking distance

by ohsobright Online Now Aug 18, 2016 at 12:22 AM

looking for accommodation in Rome for my hubby, 8 yr old and myself for 3 nights next August. Would like to be central so we can walk to the sites, Spanish steps, Trevi, Roman Forum etc. Would love (but don't think budget allows for) somewhere with outside space like a terrace/balcony. Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 3:44 PM
    • 4 days in Rome - second visit

by kbertleson Online Now Aug 14, 2016 at 6:50 PM

We are returning to Rome, and we are interested in seeing some of the "less touristy" sights. We have seen all of the "must sees" on our previous trip, and are looking forward to exploring other areas.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank you :)

9 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    • gym availability in Rome, Italy

by brown.sharon Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 4:27 AM

hi i am visiting Rome in Sept. can you tell me where there are some body building gyms open to tourists please?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM
    • campo de fiori, October visit

by Jese1 Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 6:47 AM

We will be two women visiting Rome for three nights in early October, 2016. The Campo De Fiori area seems to offer what we want for a hotel/pensione/airbnb...the question is which? The few hotels I've checked show a much higher rate once I plug in the dates, in fact almost triple what initially shows up on the search. We'd like a nice place, but keeping a decent budget in mind (up to $225. for a nice place). Does anyone have suggestions for possible places to stay in the area, or if you'd suggest looking in a different area. We're looking for an area we'd feel safe walking around in the evening, not highly congested, nice restaurants, interesting,not stuffy and boring but safe. Thank you in advance.

11 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    • train between Tivoli and Rome Tiburtina

by mtnmusic99 Online Now Jul 10, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Does anyone know about the schedule between Tivoli and Tiburtina? We are interested in how long it takes and how often it runs.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 5:52 PM
    • Spagna Pedestrian Tunnel

by mtnmusic99 Online Now Jul 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM

My map shows a pedestrian tunnel from Via Vittorio Veneto to Spanish Steps. I've never noticed this and am wondering if it is a convenient (and safe) short cut? Where is the entrance? Is it anywhere near Harry's Bar?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 10:20 PM
    • Areas near sightseeing

by ahmed11 Online Now Jul 6, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Planning to rome next sep.pls i need to know the names of centrals areas to stay at as the most famous sightseeing to reachable by foot or by short ride ......Thankx

4 Answers Jul 9, 2016 at 5:02 AM
    • Should we book a pass?

by jfogz Online Now Jul 5, 2016 at 12:22 AM

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Rome for three days in January. I am wondering whether we are better off booking tickets to attractions individually or whether it is worthwhile booking a pass? I know that some offer a 'skip the queue' option but as we are going to be there during an off-peak time I am unsure whether this will be needed or not? Any suggestions for what/where to buy tickets would be much appreciated!

7 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 5:13 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

2 days Rome

by sandeepgarg Online Now Jun 28, 2016 at 10:34 PM

My daughter and 2 friends arrive at Rome FCO airport on 16th July Saturday, about 10.00 am, by flight from Milan. They will fly back to Milan on Sunday the 17th July, evening (about 7 pm flight). They are staying the night at a hotel near Rome Termini station.

Now, What is your best advice to them for touring this Amazing Eternal city in this short period. Transport, sightsee etc., whatever possible. Evening??

Also any safety tips.

All help will be welcome and really appreciated. Thanks in advance friends.

25 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Rome in the morning before Florence

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 22, 2016 at 1:13 AM

Hi Everyone. I am arriving in early in Rome on a Tuesday morning before i take the train with a friend to Florence. We really want to go for breakfast / brunch and some bubbles before we take the train - any recommendations or suggestions for where to go? Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM
    • Airport bus shuttle

by Tselengka Online Now Jun 1, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Hello. I am travelling to Rome next week and I would like to use airport bus shuttle to go to Rome Termini station . Do I need to pre book bus for my arrival or are there busses available all the time?

5 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 11:22 AM
    • mgranger0901's Profile Photo

Private tour

by mgranger0901 Online Now May 31, 2016 at 1:34 AM

Can we see Rome in a day? If so how?

13 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 8:39 AM
    • Colosseum tours

by Twind11 Online Now May 30, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I'll be purchasing my Colosseum tickets in advance online, but can I purchase the guided tour tickets upon arrival? I want as much flexibility as possible. Do the regular guided tours sell out? Thanks, and I'm sorry if this is a repeat--I'm new.

8 Answers May 31, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    • serenagrimaldi's Profile Photo

Game of Thrones.

by serenagrimaldi Online Now May 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM

I am going to Rome, 10th to 15th June, and by being away from UK, means I will miss episode 8 of Game of Thrones, although I will be recording it, I am terrified of 'spoilers', and would like to see it on 13th June. Now you know what a nerd I am, :-) can anyone out there tell me of anywhere in Rome that will be showing it (in English) on that night. All the TV bars seem to be just for sports....Thankyou in advance.

5 Answers May 26, 2016 at 4:50 AM
    • sidrockz's Profile Photo

Regarding hotel Suite Paradise

by sidrockz Online Now May 19, 2016 at 8:02 AM

Hi am travelling next week and have booked this hotel called SUITE PARADISE near temini station. Anyone have any idea about it. The reviews in show that its ok, but still confused abit

And it's first time to the place. Does speaking in English work or should i need to learn a bit basic italian?

14 Answers May 20, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    • Visiting Vatican museum or Colosseum

by Tselengka Online Now May 19, 2016 at 5:02 AM

Hello. We are visiting Rome the first weekend of June. We are arriving on Friday around lunch time at the hotel. Which is the best to first at that time. Vatican or Coliseum/Roman forum etc? Please have in mind that we will be staying at Termini area.

15 Answers May 24, 2016 at 5:10 PM
    • wheelchair accessible

by SteveT71 Online Now May 15, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Does anyone have experience travelling in Rome by wheelchair?
      In particular public transport??

1 Answer May 16, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • Big hotel rooms in central Rome

by kali_jane Online Now May 7, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Hi I'm travelling with my 14 year old teenager to Rome in October so we need spacious accommodation - (preferably a hotel for safety reasons).
      Does anyone know of any good size accommodation in the city centre within easy walking access to Trevi and Pantheon.

3 Answers May 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Palazzo Venezia Museum

by Oleg_D. Online Now May 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Have anybody visited Palazzo Venezia Museum this year already? If yes, then please tell me was medieval arms and armor from Odescalchi Collection already returned to permanent exhibition? It was there but photo was not allowed, when photo became possible and I visited this museum in 2014 then this collection was removed to storage room due to some renovations of interiors. Museum workers promised that arms and armor supposed to be in permanent exhibition in six or eight months. But this is Italy where good intentions and reality are far from each other. So, is arms and armor collection in permanent exhibition again?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2016 at 10:36 AM
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

What is the best location to stay in Rome?

by dragontml Online Now May 4, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Hello VTers,

My husband and I will be traveling to Rome for the first time in October.

We want to have easy access to train / buses or easy walking distance for sightseeing.

Do people prefer staying near the Spanish Steps? The Termini station? I am looking for a hotel that's not above Euro80/night rate. Thanks.

9 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 12:41 PM
    • Where to stay in Rome

by OrlandoTraveler Online Now Apr 29, 2016 at 5:45 AM

We need some suggestions on hotels in Rome. We have been to Rome a few times and always stayed in B&B's near the Piazza Navona. We like the area of Via dell'Orso and Vicolo della Palomba because it has some nice little cafe's and is a little off the track for the crowd of tourists. We also like it because it is kind of in the center of all the attractions (again not in a main area though).
      We do not have to stay in this area that I mentioned. We were thinking of maybe Trastevere possibly but I need a recommendation. We have only been to Trastevere once and not sure if the restaurants are all geared only to get tourists in and out.
      So suggestions of where to stay would be great and a decent hotel would get awesome. Our budget is about 1200 US for the 4 nights towards the end of September.

13 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 8:40 AM
    • Tickets to Pantheon?

by enidsmail Online Now Apr 27, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Does anyone recommend getting tickets to the Pantheon in advance? Are the lines very long? Is there any best time to get there, during tourist season, when the line is short?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 1:34 PM