Rome

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• UBER EXPERIENCE

by ortize0418 Online Now Mar 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Could anyone that has recently used UBER in Rome share their experience?, I'm interested to know how competitive is UBER our of FCO airport to City Center.

Thanks

more
    • transportation from airport to hotel shuttle

by rustyvermont Online Now Mar 25, 2016 at 7:13 PM

need shuttle information from rome airport to hotel

more
    • jen1906's Profile Photo

Two days in Rome

by jen1906 Online Now Mar 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM

My husband and I (both in our 60's) will be in Rome, Florence and Venice for 2 full days each at the end of a seven week, independently travelled tour of Europe. (For the first six weeks we are travelling with our two experienced traveller friends, but will be on our own for the last 8 days in Italy. We were hoping not to have to do the full independent tour thing in Italy on our own, but our inflexibility with dates doesn't seem to tie in with any of the organised tours. We are happy to book our own accommodation and travel by train between Rome, Florence and Venice. Has anyone had any experience with the tour company "tourinrome.com" ? They seem to do a comprehensive 2 day tour in Rome. Any other suggestions that VT members may have regarding our 8 days in Italy would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jen

more
    • Good night out in Rome

by robp0116 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Hi Im a British guy travelling alone in Rome until Thursday. Has anyone got any recommendations for bars and a good night out. Im 34 so not crazy raves but lots of fun and good drinks. Thankyou

more
    • Capitoline Hill

by ImeeR Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Capitoline Hill is there an entrance fee to get in? Can we view the whole Roman Forum from Capitoline Hill or do we have to go inside the Capitoline Museum to view the roman Forum?

more
    • 6-day trip in Rome

by jonathanjustin85 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hi,
      I would like to ask for advise whether i should buy the roma pass in advance through online or just get them when I arrive in Rome. I would also like to seek advises for a 6-day activities in Rome. I'm going there between 9-15apr 2016. This will be my first time coming to Rome. I would like to visit the Vatican (i just need to buy the vatican pass for entrances right? I want to wander own my own in the area. Is it possible?). The colosseum/churches/museums/etc, kindly suggest.
      Thank you for your time and help!

more
    • CourtneyG's Profile Photo

Da trips from Rome in July

by CourtneyG Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Our family of four (includes 9 and 14 year old sons) will in Rome for7 days in July. I know it will be hot. We'd like to get to the seashore for a few days at the end of our trip. We are considering renting a car. Would a train be easier? Where should we go? I'd love any recommendations.

more
    • hotel vs private apt

by Jojo778899 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 8:38 AM

in Rome - hotel or private apt - anyone done both before?
      which would be preference
      thank you

more
    • transportation and tour guide

by ortize0418 Online Now Mar 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Hello,
      I'm traveling with my wife and 3 children (11,7,3); what''s the best way of transportation from airport to hotel?, any tour guide company you would suggest?

Thanks

Enrique

more
    • Ciampino Airport to Ottaviano Station

by jnogen Online Now Mar 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Hello: I'm arriving at Ciampino airport at 8:30pm two weeks from now,I'd like to know the best way to get to Ottaviano
      Thanks a lot in advance for any tips.

more
    • Good night out in Rome

by robp0116 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Hi Im a British guy travelling alone in Rome until Thursday. Has anyone got any recommendations for bars and a good night out. Im 34 so not crazy raves but lots of fun and good drinks. Thankyou

5 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    • hotel vs private apt

by Jojo778899 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 8:38 AM

in Rome - hotel or private apt - anyone done both before?
      which would be preference
      thank you

8 Answers Yesterday
    • 6-day trip in Rome

by jonathanjustin85 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hi,
      I would like to ask for advise whether i should buy the roma pass in advance through online or just get them when I arrive in Rome. I would also like to seek advises for a 6-day activities in Rome. I'm going there between 9-15apr 2016. This will be my first time coming to Rome. I would like to visit the Vatican (i just need to buy the vatican pass for entrances right? I want to wander own my own in the area. Is it possible?). The colosseum/churches/museums/etc, kindly suggest.
      Thank you for your time and help!

5 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 5:42 AM
    • transportation from airport to hotel shuttle

by rustyvermont Online Now Mar 25, 2016 at 7:13 PM

need shuttle information from rome airport to hotel

3 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 6:01 PM
    • jen1906's Profile Photo

Two days in Rome

by jen1906 Online Now Mar 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM

My husband and I (both in our 60's) will be in Rome, Florence and Venice for 2 full days each at the end of a seven week, independently travelled tour of Europe. (For the first six weeks we are travelling with our two experienced traveller friends, but will be on our own for the last 8 days in Italy. We were hoping not to have to do the full independent tour thing in Italy on our own, but our inflexibility with dates doesn't seem to tie in with any of the organised tours. We are happy to book our own accommodation and travel by train between Rome, Florence and Venice. Has anyone had any experience with the tour company "tourinrome.com" ? They seem to do a comprehensive 2 day tour in Rome. Any other suggestions that VT members may have regarding our 8 days in Italy would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jen

4 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Da trips from Rome in July

by CourtneyG Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Our family of four (includes 9 and 14 year old sons) will in Rome for7 days in July. I know it will be hot. We'd like to get to the seashore for a few days at the end of our trip. We are considering renting a car. Would a train be easier? Where should we go? I'd love any recommendations.

5 Answers Mar 13, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    • Capitoline Hill

by ImeeR Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Capitoline Hill is there an entrance fee to get in? Can we view the whole Roman Forum from Capitoline Hill or do we have to go inside the Capitoline Museum to view the roman Forum?

5 Answers Mar 10, 2016 at 11:11 AM
    • UBER EXPERIENCE

by ortize0418 Online Now Mar 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Could anyone that has recently used UBER in Rome share their experience?, I'm interested to know how competitive is UBER our of FCO airport to City Center.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 7, 2016 at 11:00 PM
    • transportation and tour guide

by ortize0418 Online Now Mar 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Hello,
      I'm traveling with my wife and 3 children (11,7,3); what''s the best way of transportation from airport to hotel?, any tour guide company you would suggest?

Thanks

Enrique

9 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 11:09 AM
    • Ciampino Airport to Ottaviano Station

by jnogen Online Now Mar 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Hello: I'm arriving at Ciampino airport at 8:30pm two weeks from now,I'd like to know the best way to get to Ottaviano
      Thanks a lot in advance for any tips.

17 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 2:29 AM
    • blueangelgrace's Profile Photo

Things to do in Rome

by blueangelgrace Online Now Feb 29, 2016 at 4:54 AM

Hi, travelling to Rome for 5 days mid March. Need VTer's advise on where to stay, places to see and mode of transportation.

Any suggestions?

14 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:02 AM

IS there something like Zip Car (or some other daily car rental) in Rome?

by CourtneyG Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Looking to go to the sea shore from Rome. I'm wondering if there is a car share service there?

5 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 5:31 AM

Rome with pre teens!

by CourtneyG Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 6:07 AM

We'll be flying to Rome (from Amsterdam) in mid-July. We plan to stay for 10 days, take a train to Florence for 2 days, and return to rome for our last 2 nights before flying back to Amsterdam and home.

I've been to Rome, but not with children. I'd love all of the info you can offer, especially for getting around town. I think we're going to use Air bnb for lodging during the first leg of the trip, but I'd like to book a nice, centrally located hotel, that won't break the bank, for our last 2 night. Any tips, recommendations?

Thanks!

9 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM
    • kimngocdoan's Profile Photo

Available transfer from Rotondo to Gargano, Italy

by kimngocdoan Online Now Feb 27, 2016 at 5:28 PM

How to get from Rotondo to Gargano? Train, bus, taxi? Going from St. Padre Pio Shrine to St. Michael the Archangel? Thank you.

12 Answers Mar 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM
    • most direct and efficient transport to Borghese Gallery from port

by oneruthlesspta Online Now Feb 22, 2016 at 6:56 AM

Hi and thanks in advance! We are looking for transportation advice from Civitaveccia port to Borghese Gallery (then on to Priscilla Catacombs if I may indulge) for our one day in Rome. We see several options but is there an efficient way to get off train at Roma S. Pietro and take a bus(?) over to Borghese? Thanks again and sorry if I have asked this twice as not sure if original question went thru.

8 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:02 AM
    • Help to find the exact place in Rome

by jimmyjah Online Now Feb 16, 2016 at 2:24 AM

Hello everybody!

This Thursday I am going to Rome for the first time and my friend challenged me to take the picture at the exactly same place as she did. Could you please help me to find, where this photo was taken?

Photo: http://postimg.org/image/4kwi7fjk1/

Thank you very much!

6 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 12:49 AM
    • Luxury apartment rentals in rome italy

by shezan00 Online Now Feb 15, 2016 at 11:12 AM

What about the cost of

7 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:03 AM
    • Hotel at Piazza Indipendenza?

by Johan81 Online Now Feb 5, 2016 at 7:08 AM

Hi,

I booked a hotel at Piazza Indipendenza, between Metro Station Termini and Metro Station Castro Pretorio. Is this an okay location?

18 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:05 AM
    • Travel Plan

by PreethaA Online Now Jan 25, 2016 at 3:44 AM

Pls advise how to cover Rome and Venice in 7days.

29 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    • B & B in Rome near tourist attractions

by SueNuBe Online Now Jan 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Looking for a great B&B in Vetican city near the tourist attractions. There are so many mixed reviews. Which one do you recommend for Jun 21st to Jun 25th, 2016. Then we are taking a cruise from Rome to Barcelona and will be in Barcelona from July 2nd to 5th, looking for one over there too near tourist attractions.
      My younger teenager daughter is interested in history and older one daughter is in culture.
      This is for family of 4.
      Thanks

18 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:05 AM
    • ROME ITALY

by diezy61 Online Now Jan 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM

we are going to be in rome for one night, and we are looking for a hotel near the airport, or in the airport, as we have a very early flight the next day. would appreciate some help thanks di

5 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:06 AM
    • DaniSFG's Profile Photo

Rome to Amalfi / Capri

by DaniSFG Online Now Jan 21, 2016 at 9:11 AM

4 of us will be staying in Rome for a week in April. I'd already read that it was easy to get from Rome to Pompeii (via Naples), and was wondering if it was just as easy to get over to the Amalfi Coast or Capri? We were going to rent a car (for day trips), but it doesn't seem necessary... Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

6 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 10:49 AM
    • Easter Sunday Dinner - recommendations

by mdjm66 Online Now Jan 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM

We will be in Rome for Easter this year, any recommendations on a "reasonably" priced Easter Dinner after Mass?
      Trattoria would be preferred.
      Also, looking for a smaller church for Mass on Sunday?
      We will be staying near Barberini station, but, have no problem travelling in Rome!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 7:30 PM
    • sufr54's Profile Photo

Roma to Athens

by sufr54 Online Now Dec 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Best way for a family of 4 to go from Roma to Athens.
      How far is it?

5 Answers Dec 10, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • AS Roma tickets

by Johan81 Online Now Dec 5, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I´m going to Rome in April with my dad, and we are going to see Roma-Napoli.

Any suggestions how to get tickets? I visited Romas officiall website and found a link to http://www.listicket.com. But the tickets on listicket.com is only purchasable with the TDT AS ROMA card. I suppose this is some kind of membership card.
      Will the tickets go on general sale? And if so, when?

In curiosity, I checked for tickets to the game after Roma-Napoli and I found tickets on general sale.

Do you think the game will be sold out?

This is a gift to my dad to I would prefer to buy tickets in advance. :-)

2 Answers Dec 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Transport to Gianicolense area

by Autumn9 Online Now Dec 1, 2015 at 9:26 AM

We are staying in the recently opened A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel on the Via Giorgio Zoega, in the Gianicolense area, in January.

As it is outside the city taxi fares are expensive. We are arriving at Ciampino Airport and it looks as if taking a Terravision coach to Termini Station is the cheapest option, and then a bus to Piazza Biagio Place.

Does anyone know if the bus is none-stop to Piazza Biagio Place and how we reach the bus stop for the bus H from where the Terravision bus stops, which I understand is outside the Terra Cafe.

Many thanks

9 Answers Dec 2, 2015 at 9:30 AM
    • Civitavecchia train to Rome ?

by djmoff Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM

We're getting off a cruise ship in Civitavecchia and are interested in going to Rome by train.
      Any advice ? Where would be the best place to get off the train once it arrives in Rome ?

8 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • mariakaptein's Profile Photo

Rome to Ostia Antica, still with one ticket ?

by mariakaptein Online Now Oct 28, 2015 at 12:20 PM

I would like to visit Ostia Antica, from Rome, termini station.
      Is it still possible to go on a one-way ticket or will it be better to buy a day-ticket ?.
      Did any of the members visit the garden houses ? Will it be worth making a reservation to see them ?

Thanx !

19 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM
    • Customs/Passport Control

by SariahCL5 Online Now Oct 27, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I am a Mexican citizen who is currently in the US. I might be visiting Norway, still not confirmed but am for sure visiting Rome and Milan. (Would fly to Norway to Rome) I know I don't need a visa for either countries, but a friend from the UK keeps telling me I do, she told me about the experience of a friend of hers who went to Italy and didn't have a visa or a return plane ticket and was denied entrance. Now I don't want that to happen, I've also read you need to prove you have sufficient funds for your stay, and that's a bit of my problem. I don't have a return ticket because I haven't decided when I'll leave. Also, I plan to stay with family members which I wouldn't have to worry about expenses. I'm just a broke young girl who was given the chance to visit but afraid that I won't be let in since I can't show funds or plane ticket back... Can anyone help me out?
      Thank you

11 Answers Oct 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Winter sports in Rome area

by AnaLuiza Online Now Oct 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hello,
      Is there any nice area close to Rome for hiking/skiing?

9 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 3:23 AM