Rocky Mountains

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping open this winter?

Banff National Park Nov 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Anyone know if Tunnel mountain is open this winter for RV camping???

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

more
    • To go to Algonquin

Algonquin Provincial Park Nov 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM

We are a team of 6 people who love hiking and forest trekking. Next week we are planning to go to Algonquin park. We read some information about this place from here . We need to know whether any special permissions needed to travel deep into the jungle. Can somebody suggest me some good places to camp there for 5 or 6 days?

more
    • Banff in early March (around 3rd-8th)

Banff Nov 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I am planning a trip to Banff for early March, and really want to go hiking with my dog. Are there hiking trails that are open and not impossible for someone with no snow/ice hiking experience?

more
    • vancouver to seattle

Vancouver Nov 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM

what is the best way to do it

more
    • Picking a large Canadian city to move to. Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton?

Canada Nov 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Hey guys, so I'm considering moving to the big city for school to experience it. I live close to Calgary, about 4 hours away so that's what it's looking like. But at the same time I want to go either further west or further east to experience a different part of Canada.

To be honest, I've heard realllly bad things about Toronto from the family that I do have who've lived there. They say there's way too many people, the people there are very rude, it's dirty, it's just all around a crappy place to live. I want to be in a big city, and if I am going down east it's most likely going to be to Toronto. Online it looks good, it's multicultural, it has lots to do, etc. Which is what I want. But from the people I know who actually have experience living there, they hated it.

Vancouver is not even really in the question either. It's simply way too expensive for me. As a student, I can't afford on a part time job to pay $1000 a month minimum just on rent. That's crazy to me, and unrealistic. But I do have family there who love it. (Extremely wealthy family so they actually are able to be there comfortably.) Everybody seems to love it there, though.

I'm from Alberta and have been to Calgary tons because 99% of my family live there and I really like it there. It's big, the people are nice, and it's a little more affordable than Toronto/Vancouver. The only reason I'm hesitant to move there is because I've already been there soooo many times before. I want to go somewhere new and experience different things.

Don't know anything about Edmonton. I've heard it's just like Calgary but colder.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

more
    • Are T-Shirt Sizes the same in USA and Canada?

Canada Nov 2, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I am visiting a friend who lives in Canada and wears a Medium T-Shirt. My friend wants me to buy a t-shirt from the USA and bring it with me when I visit this month. My question is, Would a Medium USA T-Shirt be the same size as a Canadian Medium T-Shirt or do I need to get a different size?

more
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Road Trip to Rocky Mountains USA

by Oneill2905 Online Now Dec 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Me and my Husband are looking to book a fly drive holiday next year the last week of July/first week of August. After spending months looking at places to visit we have put together a draft itinerary as follows:

Fly from UK to Denver - 2 Nights
      Denver to Lusk - 1 Night
      Lusk to Rapid City - 3 Nights
      Rapid City to Sheridan - 1 Night
      Sheridan to Cody - 1 Night
      Cody to Yellowstone - 3 Nights
      Yellowstone to Jackson (Grand Teton) - 2 Nights
      Jackson to Lander - 1 Night
      Lander to Estes Park - 2 Nights
      Estes Park to Colorado Springs - 1 Night
      Coloardo Springs to Denver Airpor Home

I would very much appreciate any comments on the draft route above with any suggestions on alternative routes or must see places on the way. Also I am looking forward to Yellowstone more than anything do you think 3 nights is enough at Yellowstone? Also are there any places we are staying more than 1 night that does not warrant it?

Also always appreciate any help.
      Thanks Kirsty

1 Answer Dec 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    • RV for two weeks through the Rockies

by agentjanet Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

My family and I will be traveling from Vancouver through the rocky mountains (B.C. and Albreta) in late August in a rented RV - any recommendations for rentals and routes would be much appreciated!

2 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    • btin's Profile Photo

Canadian Rockies - Mid Aug/Sept

by btin Online Now Feb 23, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Hii all

We are planning trip to Canadian Rocky this year.
      Is Mid Aug/Sept good time to visit?
      How would weather be like?
      How long should we spend there? a week or?

Any valuable information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance/Christine

3 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 4:37 AM
    • 7 days in the Rockies. Where to go?

by lynjackson Online Now May 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

We have 7 days to spend in the Rocky mountains. We are planning to hire a car or RV in Calgary and doing a loop from there. We will be there in August, which we realise is high season. Is there likely to be a problem with getting RV sites or cabin/Bed & Breakfast accommodation? Would it be less crowded toward the end of the month, rather than the beginning? Are there places that really should be avoided in the high season?
      With only a week, we would prefer to base ourselves in just 2 or 3 different locations in this time. We would appreciate suggestions for places that would be good bases from which to explore the surrounding areas.

4 Answers May 22, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    • with or without an RV

by robertcanada Online Now May 31, 2006 at 6:07 AM

Hi everybody, I am considering going with the family (5) renting an RV and going from Vancouver to Calgary, via the rocky mountains and back to Vancouver this approx 2 weeks. Does anybody have some comments? i.e campgrounds, special excursions with/for children (10 to 14 yrs)etc.
      Is it worth going with an RV or do you recommend an mini van and sleep in hotels?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 5, 2006 at 8:56 PM
    • paragliding courses in the rocky mountains

by jess222 Online Now May 5, 2005 at 1:46 AM

hi, I wonder whether anyone can help me! me and my friend are in the rocky mountains for 3 weeks as of next week, we are doing the route vancouver - calgary - banff - jasper. My friend's brother has decided to come out and meet us along they way and he wants to do a paragliding course somewhere? has anyone got any ideas where he could do one along that route? would be so grateful for any help anyone could give me, thanks

jess x

• rocky mountains by motor home

by mariapn Online Now Apr 22, 2004 at 6:41 AM

I'm planning to go to the Rocky Mountains by motor home at the end of July, can anyone help me in planning my trip? I have so many questions such as where to rent the motor home, how are the natural parks prepared to park with it, the itinerary.. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks