• Transport from nice airport

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Aug 15, 2016 at 11:35 PM

What are my options for transport from Nice airport to HOTEL REGENCY
      98, Avenue Jean Jaurès
      06190 Roquebrune Cap Martin.

more
    • Antibes Hotel Availabiity August 2017

Antibes Jul 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Looking for Hotel availability in Antibes, France for Aug 2017. Unable o find anything on the web.
      Would anyone know when this usually becomes available? Looking for Pierre & Vacances preferably. Thanks.

more
    • Accomodations in Avignon/October

Avignon Aug 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Hello, We are 2 adults planning to stay in Avignon for 4 nights in early October looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or hotel with kitchen. I have been looking on various websites but am overwhelmed. Does anyone have advice? We plan to use the train to see surrounding areas and rent a car for one day to see the countryside.

more
    • ptrim's Profile Photo

What to do with a few days between Saint Raphael and Lagrasse in August?

Saint-Raphaël Aug 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM

I am visiting friends in Saint Raphael next week, and after that visit I need to stay on my own in SR or find another, preferably quiet, low- key beach town to visit. I will have 3 nights free before I need to be in Lagrasse. Any suggestions are most welcome! Thank you!

more
    • cdmr52's Profile Photo

safety in cannes

Cannes Jul 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM

how safe is it to go to cannes the last week in August this year

more
    • TAXI SERVICE AT CASSIS

Cassis Aug 1, 2016 at 8:03 AM

We need taxi service to take us to Route des Cretes (D141) between Cassis and La Ciotat on 18 August in the afternoon. Have tried calling a couple of taxi drivers in Cassis but they speak very little English and got nowhere with my enquiries. Any suggestions for a taxi driver who does not charge much and who perhaps has an email address (I can write in French using Google translate).
      Thank you

more
    • MARSEILLE PUBLIC TRANSPORT

Marseille Aug 3, 2016 at 2:26 AM

The Marseille city pass is only for 1 or 2 days. Is there another pass for unlimited travel using public transport (metro, buses, etc) for a longer period, say 7 days? Thank you

more
    • BEACH NEAR CHATEAU D'IF

Marseille Jul 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM

Is there a beach suitable for children to swim in on the island where there is Chateau D'If?

more
    • Disabled over 60 discounts

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Aug 14, 2016 at 9:45 AM

what discounts are available in provence

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Inexpensive TV-set to buy or rent

Nice Jul 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Hi folks! Don’t laugh!!!

Yes, we Russians are badly salaried, but can get quite extravagant when our long-waited-for vacations are nearly ruined.

Where do I get a very inexpensive but very usable TV-set in Nice? Buy or rent?
      And how do I get it connected?
      And how do I do it very urgently, because I am really furious at the prospect of forgetting how the French TV anchors look in France, while I can easily see the in my TV in Moscow.
      (Actually, this is not the only and not the main problem that made me the most furious of all time through my 10 years vacationing in Nice, but that’s another story)
      The provider in the apartment is called ‘numericable’ - there is Internet, and, I guess, there must be a connection to cable TV, if there were a TV-set here. I have already contacted their online ‘chatterbox’, she is a machine and solves no problem, even as I wrote in pretty sensible French.
      P.S. The parent company is SFR – I guess they have an office at Jean Medecine, or around. WIKI says they are the ‘leading provider’ in France.
      I’ll be d---d, really, if I do not find a TV-set, get it going and leave as a present to the owner! I can understand that one can have no functioning tea kettle, no single pot that matching any cover, but no TV – that’s too much. What am I supposed to do at night – go to a night club?

more