VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Rincon Travel Answers

change location
necrodup's Profile Photo

cheap transportation to Rincon from san juan, or just cheap lodging in san juan?

by necrodup Online Now Feb 18, 2006 at 6:50 PM

I'm flying into San Juan in 2 weeks, and I want to stay there but I can't find anything very cheap (hostel prices...$20-$30/night). If anyone knows of anything please lemme knowm, I've been searching and I'm a college student with a tight budget.

I see that Rincon is cheap for lodging and there's a lot of surfing around there. Anyone know of a cheap way to get to Rincon from San Juan? I don't mind camping either place either, if you know of campsites or places to set up. I'd really appreciate any advice, thanks!
Dup

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: cheap transportation to Rincon from san juan, or just cheap lodging in san juan?

by AnaIsabel Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 10:43 AM

I grew up in Mayaguez, PR, near Rincon, and I remember taking a car service from Mayaguez to San Juan and back. It was fairly inexpensive and it was called Linea Sultana. I searched on the net to see if they were still around and found a reference to this company, so they are still in business. I have no idea how much they charge or whether they'll stop in Rincon -- they might. Here's contact information:
    Públicos: Línea Sultana
    787-765-9377, 787-832-2502
    Daily 8am-6pm
    Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rincon