Riau Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Catering for wedding

Bali Yesterday

Hi all I am looking for recommendations for catering companies for my Bali wedding next July .. I am looking for great quality food cheers Lisa

• How many days to spend in Senaru

Senaru Oct 18, 2016 at 8:06 AM

We are not climbing and want to hike the waterfall and visit local villages. We have a reservation at Rinjani Lodge for 1 night but wondered if I should stay 2 nights. Is there enough to do if you are not a climber?

Bandung Oct 18, 2016 at 2:56 AM

• danishtraveller's Profile Photo

TCM or Healer in Bali

Bali Oct 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Can anyone recommend a very good healer or TCM practitioner in Bali. I have an old injury that continues to seriously bother me.

• Bandung trip in December

Bandung 16 hours ago

Hi, My gf and i would like to plan 4 days trip to Bandung start from 11th December 2016. I've check the weather forecast in December and it seems like raining and thunderstorm most likely happen in December. Would like to know whether the the weather around december will affect our sightseeing and outdoor trips.
      2. Any interesting places to get delicious and cheap local food around?
      3. Where is the best place to stay if we would like to shop around if not heading for outdoor activities.

• rhbphoto's Profile Photo

Intertrips Tour Company

Bali Oct 17, 2016 at 6:44 AM

Anyone have any info or experience with the tour company Intertrips. Not much on line. They seem legit and a
      subsidiary of a much larger Chinese travel group. They are currently running some insane deals on travel to SE Asia and Bali with air, accommodations, transfers and a basic tour here and there but with mostly free days. Accommodations check out as good or better tourist class. We usually are independent travelers but these deals are hard to resist.

• Volcano comparison

Bandung Oct 7, 2016 at 2:42 AM

How is Bandung Volcano -Tangkuban Perahu as compared to Kintamani Volcano

• any special things/ideas/places to take my boyfriend for his birthday near by or in seminyak?

Bali Sep 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM

any special things/ideas/places to take my boyfriend for his birthday near by or in seminyak?

• Tour guide Hire for 4D3N ard Bandung

Bandung Oct 13, 2016 at 4:44 AM

Hi there, I am solo travelling to Bandung from 23 Nov - 26 Nov 16. May I know where can I find a tour guide (female preferred) to bring me around places of interests such as white crater, tea plantations, museum, spa/ massages, factory outlets? what would be the budget like? 

Please help. Any suggestions are welcome :)

• Bali secret spots

Bali Oct 7, 2016 at 4:35 AM

I'm planning my trip to Bali this december. 10 days. I'm looking for the best waterfalls, villages, beaches in Bali. I hate tourism: what I'm looking for is to enter in contact with locals. I'm a videographer and I'd like to shoot locals living their life, child playing in the paddies.. that kind of things. I wanna capture the real face of Bali.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

• twotrickpony's Profile Photo

What are the attractions around/close to UBUD?

Ubud Oct 2, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Hi guys,

Will you be able to suggest attractions surrounding or are close to UBUD? We'll be staying there for 3d/2n and the rest of the days will be at Seminyak.

We'd like to cover the areas near to UBUD first

• Leisure at Jakarta

Jakarta Sep 30, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Hi travellers,
      I'll be in Jakarta on 20 - 23 Oct. This trip is mainly for leisure & fun party. I really have no idea on how best to set the itinerary while in Jakarta.

My questions:
      - Which is the best hotel to stay (close to most happening town & moderate cost)?
      - What is the best club or ktv or fun places to enjoy night life?
      - What other things to do in Jakarta that people should not missed when visit Jakarta i.e. Massage, etc.?
      - Any other ideas are most welcome and really appreciated. I will spend the time in Jakarta with my 3 best friends. But that shouldn't be all for a city that never visited before. So please give me some ideas.

Thank you

• Lake Toba, 4 months retreat, visa extensions and guesthouses

Sumatra Sep 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Hi, I wanted to do some meditation in a quietish place and Lake Toba looked good, but it seems Indonesia only gives 1 month visa so I would need to extend several times.
      Can anyone say if this is easy or possible at Pematangsiantar, or how convoluted the process is, multiple visits ?
      And could anyone recommend a budget clean place ?
      Thanks !

• snorkeling and beautiful beach

Lombok Oct 18, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Looking for the best snorkeling experience and cannot decide between north gili and southwest gili. Also, looking for a beautiful beach for the last few days of our trip and wondered about selong balanak . We are traveling with our 3 adult children and saw Villa Atas which looks beautiful but only has 1 review. I am a little nervous about booking without knowing a little about the area. Any other advice for beach spots would be appreciated.

• Bali weather in January

Bali Sep 30, 2016 at 4:47 AM

Can one goto Bali in January? I have heard the rains are pretty heavy there.

• transport suggest

Kintamani Oct 8, 2016 at 7:41 PM

is better us skuter to kintamani valcano

• Getting to Pulau Galang from Tanjung Pinang Binta

Pulau Lingga May 12, 2016 at 4:35 AM

Hi - has anybody any idea the schedule for boats going from Tanjung Pinang to Pulau Galang?
      Many thanks

• jungle/trekking

Pulau Batam Nov 28, 2015 at 12:46 AM

is there a jungle or trekking trail in batam? if there is what is the name?

2 Answers Nov 28, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Pulau Karimun Besar Oct 22, 2015 at 2:53 AM

How bad is the Haze in Pulau Karimun Besar?

3 Answers Oct 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • health insurance for Batam citizen

Riau Province Jun 6, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hi! Could you help me? My friend has been working as a lecturer at the university located in Batam. She said that the price of the health insurance is 500.000 Rp per month. Her salary is 3.000.000 Rp. It means her salary is cut by 500.000 Rp every month. Is it truth? Why is the health insurance so expensive in Indonesia?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    • what is Cerwerk

Pulau Batam Feb 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

What is a cerwerk in Batam Island

5 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    • kenn21983's Profile Photo

Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill

Pulau Batam Jan 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Just want to know how much it will cost for taxi from Batam Centre to Nagoya Hill? Is there any bus also on same route?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    • Cita Rasa Seafood , Sembulang, Galang

Pulau Batam Jan 10, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Can anyone give me road directions to get to this resteraunt please?

3 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Pekanbaru Aug 10, 2014 at 5:23 AM

is there bus service from pekan baru airport to city ?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

Batam - Pulau Lingga

Pulau Lingga Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I would like to go to Pulau Lingga and would like to stay there. Would appreciate if you can advise me the best itineray during my stay. I will fly to Batam on 21 - 24 Sep 2014. My plan i will stay 1 night at Nagoya, 1 night at Nongsa and 1 N at Pulau Lingga.

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Transportation from Turi Beach Resort to Nagoya Area

Pulau Batam May 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Hi. I am going to Batam this December and stay in Turi Beach Hotel. How shouls I get to Nagoya Area? And I am the first time to visit Batam, what is the most interesting place I should visit?
      Thank you

4 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Travel Alone to Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Is it safe to travel alone to batam and Pagoya Area?

8 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • How to travel to Jemaja island?

Pulau Jemaja Feb 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM

What is the best way to travel to Letung, Jemaja Island from USA?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Scooter Rental Bintan

Pulau Bintan Feb 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Since I won a voucher for Bintan Lagoon Resort, I want to stay one night there.
      But since I am also interested in travelling around the Island, I am thinking about renting a scooter for two days and make the following trip:
      - Arrive in Tanjung Pinang Friday evening. Stay 1 night
      - Rent the Scooter on Saturday morning, travel via Trikora Beach to Bintan Lagoon Resort
      - 1 Night @ Lagoon Resort
      - Travel back to Tanjung Pinang

Is this possible at all? Can you recommend a scooter rental @ Tanjung Pinang?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Best regards,

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

Pulau Bintan Nov 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    • Cost of taxi fare

Pulau Batam Oct 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Am looking for approximate cost of taxi from Batam Island ferry to Golden View Hotel.

1 Answer Oct 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    • Good Shopping Zone, Money for Value in Tanjung Balai?

Pulau Karimun Besar Oct 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Can you tell what are the interesting items for shopping here? What about halal fresh seafood and best food in town? What are the interesting places to visit beside masjid and beach???
      Are there anything for children, I mean toy shop, place for play and wholesalers for clothing, prayer clothes etc?

• is there a garden?

Bengkalis Sep 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

is there a garden or something like that near Bengkalis?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • Batam Center to Turi Beach

Pulau Batam Sep 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

How do I go from the Batam Center Ferry terminal to Turi Beach for the Water Sports. Please let me know the price for the same. Are the Water Sports available for the Public as well or only for the ones who are staying in the Resort there??

• grocery and alcohol shopping

Pulau Bintan Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

is there anywhere relatively close to mayang sari - where you can shop for groceries and drinks?

• Polo Ralph Lauren Store & First Factory Outlet

Pulau Batam Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

(1) Do both the stores accept Visa or Master or Amex cards?

(2) Are the garments sold in First & Polo stroes genuine products?

(3) What are the brands sold in First Factory Outlet? Any Calvin Klein? Any Emporio Armani?

• gretchenmarielim's Profile Photo

Do it yourself tour or via agency

Pulau Batam Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hi! I'll be visiting Batam by the end of the month with my mom. What is cheaper? do i book for a tour via travel agencies
      or a do it yourself tour? Many thanks!

5 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 4:46 AM
    • A day trip

Pulau Bintan Jun 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Hi, I was planning a day trip with my friends. We are 5-6 girls from Singapore and will return back with the evening ferry. It would be great if some one could advise me on the following questions:
      1. Is Bintan safe for women travellers?
      2. What activities can be done throughout day?
      3. Best way to commute accross island?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • AJS77's Profile Photo

Bad Images Batam custom immigration

Pulau Batam Jun 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Should custom not allowed a tourist come in to Batam??????
      First time happened in my life, Batam is not Singapore.

38 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    • Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting NP?

Tanjungpinang May 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hi all would anyone be able to advise me as to how to get to Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung Puting National Park?

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    • 3D2N itenary

Pulau Karimun Besar Mar 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Can anyone suggest what to do in Tg Balai for 2 nights? Tq
      Where should we shop? etc

1 Answer Apr 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • what is the nearest airport to Duri

Duri Jul 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

what is the nearest airport to duri

2 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • euli's Profile Photo

Bringing own food from Singapore (by ferry) for BBQ

Pulau Bintan Apr 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring one's own food from Singapore to Bintan for the BBQ? We will be staying in a villa that has a BBQ pit. I thought of bringing sausages, wings, steak, in an ice-box on the ferry. Will I be able to get past customs?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    • Ferrys

Pulau Batam Feb 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I know the ferry for Jakarta sails wed only, does anyone know when other ferrys leave to and on what days. I am having no success with the ferry company's web page.

Thanks a lot.

5 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • flirtyguy's Profile Photo

2D1N in Batam

Pulau Batam Feb 22, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are going to Batam this 25Feb for the 1st time. As part of a package, once we arrived at Batam, there will be a whole day tour to various places including a lunch at Golden Prawn Seafood. I think the tour will be completed around 6pm. Then we will be sent to Harmoni One hotel or checkin and 1hour massage.
      Considering our hotel's location:
      1. Is there any good and reasonably priced seafood restaurant nearby? How much is the taxi fare?
      2. Do we have enough time to go around Nagoya area for shopping, dining and maybe another massage te following day if we get the latest ferry back to Singapore? Or should we extend our stay for 1more night?
      3. How much is the taxi fare from Harmoni One to Nagoya area? From Nagoya to Batam Centre Ferry?
      4. Is Megamall worth visiting compared to Nagoya Area?

Basically we just want to have relaxing massages, eat seafoods and shop a bit during our stay in Batam but we are just afraid that the tour will eat up most of our time there. Just looking for some advice. Thank you!