VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Rhenen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Halal Food near NH City Centre hotel

Amsterdam Jan 8, 2017 at 4:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask if there's any Halal food near NH city centre hotel in Amsterdam? Like really really near the hotel.

Also, is NC city centre very far from Damrak? And are there halal food in damrak?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

hotel location

Amsterdam 8 hours ago

I hadn't intended to ask this question quite yet, but I am thinking of flying into Amsterdam in 2018 and staying there a couple of days to see the city and get over jet lag before we fly to Kilimanjaro for a safari. I will be with my granddaughter who is a tiny little girl. I am currently using a scooter to get around, but I don't think my granddaughter will be able to pick up the scooter which weighs about 60 lbs. I can walk a short distance, but I cannot stand for more than about a minute without back pain and once my back starts to hurt I am finished for the day. That means that even standing in an elevator can be a problem.

I don't think that a scooter will be useful on safari and I am hoping that I can get along with just a cane that I can sit on. We will have a car and driver so most of my walking will be in the safari camps. I think I can do from the car to the room and from the room to dinner.

Also I thought we would take the hopon-hopoff canal boat trip and I don't think the scooter will be that useful there and I would be using the cane. The problem would come in getting to and from the canal boat.

Is there a hotel where I could stay there and then leave the scooter in storage while we go on the safari? Or is there any kind of rental place where I could rent one when i got there? I have stayed at a hotel where they had a wheelchair, but Bob had to push and I don't think my granddaughter will have enough mass to be able to wrangle me in a wheelchair (her two siblings also had a problem with this).

And what would be the best hotel/location to be able to see Amsterdam. Are there hotels with airport pick-up?

Do you have any other suggestions

more
    • Chicago round trip

Amsterdam Jan 4, 2017 at 3:06 AM

How much would it be for 2 adults to go from Chicago early Saturday morning to Amsterdam.? Then also come back To Chicago Sunday night?

more
    • Relatives and History

by sandella Online Now May 19, 2004 at 2:55 PM

My maiden name is Roghair..i would like to know my history..i know one ancestor was a mayor of the town..but any pics of anything would be great..including the roghairsway street..Thanks Sandi

2 Answers May 21, 2004 at 6:30 AM