change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lift share

Reykjavík Nov 29, 2016 at 1:44 AM

Hello.

A friend and I are coming to Reykjavik 03.12.16 for 5 nights to do all the normal tourist attraction but are not a fan of going on bus tours, so was looking for people/a person to lift share with.

Obviously we will be willing split the cost.

Thank you so much

more
    • Iandrei's Profile Photo

Share a rental car?

Reykjavík Nov 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Hello all, I'm currently in Reykjavik, in Kex Hostel, I planned to do the Ring Road, until the end of novemver, but my wallet got stolen in Barcelona, along with my driving license.

Anyone here who would like to share renting a car? Or has any available space? I will have money available since Monday evening.

Thank you so much!

Ian, from Panama 

more

Popular Reykjavík Region Travel Answer Locations

• Lift share

Reykjavík Nov 29, 2016 at 1:44 AM

Hello.

A friend and I are coming to Reykjavik 03.12.16 for 5 nights to do all the normal tourist attraction but are not a fan of going on bus tours, so was looking for people/a person to lift share with.

Obviously we will be willing split the cost.

Thank you so much

1 Answer Nov 29, 2016 at 2:05 AM
    • Iandrei's Profile Photo

Share a rental car?

Reykjavík Nov 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Hello all, I'm currently in Reykjavik, in Kex Hostel, I planned to do the Ring Road, until the end of novemver, but my wallet got stolen in Barcelona, along with my driving license.

Anyone here who would like to share renting a car? Or has any available space? I will have money available since Monday evening.

Thank you so much!

Ian, from Panama 

3 Answers Nov 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    • kaloz's Profile Photo

Must see and could miss pools

Reykjavík Aug 29, 2016 at 9:40 PM

I am coming to Iceland (4th time) for Jólaþorpið í Hafnarfirði. I would like to visit all of the public pools (17) in the capitol area. I have already been to Vesturbæjarlaug and Laugardalslaug. If my idea does not work out which pools can I miss? and which pools must I visit? Klébergslaug, Varmárlaug, Lágafellslaug, Grafarvogslaug, Árbæjarlaug, Breiðholtslaug, Salalaug, Ásvallalaug, Suðurbæjarlaug, Sundhöll Hafnarfjarðar, Ásgarðslaug Garðabæ, Sundlaug Kópavogs, Álftaneslaug, Seltjarnarneslaug, and Sundhöll Reykjavíkur. By visiting the pools I will see different areas and see more residents than tourists.

Since I will be visiting Hafnarfirðar, those pools and the ones on the #1 bus line are almost certain.

Thank you

10 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    • ozpaul's Profile Photo

Swimming with Ice

Reykjavík Aug 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Can someone tell me if there is a beach close to Reykjavik where you can swim with ice. We don't have enough time to travel to Jokulsarlon. I am a keen winter swimmer and would like to experience this aspect of Iceland. I have read about nauthólsvík beach - is there ice there in Winter?

3 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 2:00 AM
    • Affordable longer-term accomodation in Reykjavik

Reykjavík Aug 24, 2016 at 2:26 AM

My son and his friend from Cardiff University are spending a year studying at University of Iceland and have just arrived there. Currently the only affordable accommodation is Keflavick - quite a way to travel in everyday to study. Their monthly grant is only about £600-650 and most of the accommodation in the capital seems to be about that and more which leaves nothing for food etc. Does anyone know of a website that has affordable accommodation. Unfortunately the University hasn't been able to help.

6 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 2:51 PM
    • patoo's Profile Photo

Hotel in Reykjavik center

Reykjavík Jul 19, 2016 at 2:44 AM

I'm organising a trip in Iceland beginning of august (yes in 10 days...) with my son. I'm looking for a good hotel in the center of Reykjavik, could you recommend hotel to me ? Do I need a car to visit Reykjavik ? Is there a good network of bus, train ? Is Blue Lagoon far from the center, how could we go there ? Is there an hotel in Blue Lagoon that is really unmissable ? No idea then where to go, if I need to have a car... so your advise are welcome :o)
      thank you
      Pat

7 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

In Reykjavik and travel around the island of Iceland soon!

Reykjavík Apr 24, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Hi All!
      In Iceland May 1st! First, still need to wear winter coats?

Secondly the food: May I have your recommendations for Svið (Singed and boiled Sheep Head) , lambs and other venturous foods?

3rd, At night accept hitting the bars, what else is there to do? I have checked there is no symphony concerts in the beginning of may.

Thank you all in advance!

Strad

5 Answers Apr 24, 2016 at 6:22 PM
    • sheriK9's Profile Photo

parking in the city

Reykjavík Mar 9, 2016 at 5:28 AM

please tell me about parking in the city. i read there are "parking houses" (which i am assuming are what we call garages over here). we are renting the smallest car and i read also that parking is free for "green cars". can you pay for parking with your credit card? we are not planning on bringing much cash.

7 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    • Zurich to NYC with a stopover in Reykjavik

Reykjavík Mar 8, 2016 at 11:59 PM

Hallo
      I wonder what are the options for flying from Zurich to NYC with a stopover in Reykjavik for 3-4 days and flying back to Zurich directly from Washington DC or NYC?

6 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 4:01 PM
    • Which type of rental car?

Reykjavík Mar 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Hi! So me and my boyfriend are going to Iceland in late March, staying the for one week. We are planning to rent a car, wich we have never done before, and therefore I have some questions somebody hopefully can answer :)

- Which type of car should I rent? Since there is only two of us, and we plan to only go on small daytrips without much luggage we don't need a big car, but I've read that there is a lot of wind on Iceland and I'm scared of getting some kind of trouble if the car is to lightweighted. I normally drive a Mercedes C-class, and I'm imagining that we will blow off the road or something if we drive a Toyota Aygo, or a Yaris :P We are planning on driving on the main road, maybe going on a longer trip to see the country, but not on those "dangerous" roads that requires a 4WD car.

- Sand and ash insurance. I see that some of the rental companies offers this, while others, like Hertz, don't (at least I didn't find anything). Will this insurance be offered when we arrive to pick up the car, or should I just go for a company that offers this?

- And speaking of insurance, is there something special I should think about?

- Should I pick one of the big rental companies, or should I go for one of the local alternatives?

For your information, we are both in our early twenties, we come from Norway, and we are both used to drive on winter conditions. But I've the horror stories about people who have rented cars and suddenly have to pay the renting company lots of money because they didn't insure the car enough etc.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • Road Tolls

Reykjavík Mar 6, 2016 at 2:20 AM

Are the toll booths cashless? If so any traps for hire cars?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • CourtneyG's Profile Photo

3 days with children

Reykjavík Feb 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Flying from US to Reykjavik in July. We have 3 full days. Our sons are 9 and 13. What should we do while we're there? What area should we stay in? Looking at Air bnb for lodging. Can we get around easily without a car or should we rent one? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Multi day jeep tour from Reykjavik

Reykjavík Feb 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I'm planning a visit to Iceland in July/August. I want to stay in Reykjavik for a few days, but I also want to take a 4x4 jeep tour to the countryside. Don't know exactly where, but I want to visit small villages, discover the nature och be driven around. Maybe the highlands?

I want a guided tour (I don't drive) for about two or three nights. From Reykjavik and then get back. This far I've seen prices from 122 000 ISK for a two day tour with accomodation and som meals included. Are there any cheaper tours? Can you help me with links to tour operators with better prices than what I found?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM
    • Icelandic horse t-shirt

Reykjavík Oct 24, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Bought an Icelandic horse t-shirt at the airport -- side of head sketch, very modern, spare, curved, large and located off center. Black with white sketch. Have tried to contact the Icelandic airport shop to no avail. The horse show was one of the most fabulous horse events ever (we are all horse lovers) and would love to get t-shirts for all of us (4). Thank you-Pat

9 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 3:30 PM
    • Touring / general advice

Reykjavík Oct 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Thinking about visiting mid January = knowing that it will be dark by 3pmish what is there to do in Reykjavik

Worried about one day trip - first time to Iceland particularly in that the weather can change at an instant
      Car we're thinking of renting is a Skoda octavio 4 x 4 - do we need a SUV such as a Dacia??

Depart Foss hotel Baron for nearest location to Grota lighthouse to see northern lights = we hope!!

1st stop Stora Sandfell
      Hvaergeroi
      Selfoss
      Kerio
      Strokkur geyser

Are the geysirs easily walkable from car parks etc

Clothing - will jeans be warm enough with decent walking boots - top layers we have Eider fleeces and waterproofs with several jumps

All practical advice much appreciated. Many thanks

5 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 1:37 PM
    • WINE IMPORT LIMITS

Reykjavík Sep 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Can anyone tell me the up to date customs limit for bringing wine into Iceland in my suitcase, I have looked at various websites and some contradict others. I will be travelling with my wife from the UK and we are intending to pack 3 boxes of wine that each contain 2.25 litres in our suitcase. So that's 6.75 litres in total. This is between us, not each. We will not be bringing any spirits or tobacco products. Thankyou.

11 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    • gemmakwhite1's Profile Photo

Christmas tours

Reykjavík Sep 23, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I arrive on the afternoon of 24th December, what does anyone advise me and my fiancé to do? It looks like most day tours will be closed, with only a few open on the 25th.
      Also any recommendations on place to eat on these days? I guess we will need to be making reservations, I know we couldn't walk into a restaurant at home and expect a table.

4 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 3:15 AM
    • Cost of beer

Reykjavík Sep 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM

How much is draught beer/ lager and a glass/ bottle of wine? Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • Restaurant Opening Hours

Reykjavík Aug 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Roughly what time do restaurants open for breakfast in Reykjavik?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • Whale watching to do or not to do... November

Reykjavík Aug 15, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Hello

I will be in Reykjavik for 5 days in November. I have tours booked on first three days. I depart at 16.30pm on the Tuesday. I can't decide whether to do whale watching tour on the Monday and Blue Lagoon on my way to the airport on Tuesday or whether to skip the whale watching tour and do the Blue Lagoon on the Monday and then relax on the Tuesday. Has anyone done Whale watching in November and would you recommend it?

Thank you.

Regards
      Colleen

5 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    • jeroli's Profile Photo

excursions

Reykjavík Jul 28, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Hi We are planning a 3 night trip to Reykjavik next winter. Which is the best month for snowmobiling/Northern Lights?
      Is it better to book our trips online before we go?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    • Sun voyager replica

Reykjavík Jul 21, 2015 at 5:08 AM

This week i was in Reykjavik and i saw a replica of the sun voyager in a shop near bij the churge.
      I don't remember the name of the shop and street.

Please wo can help me?

regard Mario

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 11:02 PM
    • Leave some clothes in Reykjavik for a week

Reykjavík Jul 21, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Hi there, I'll be visiting Iceland in a week (in Iceland - 2 weeks, first week is tracking). I don't want to take some casual clothes with me on the track
      Any advice where I could leave it?
      Thank you!

5 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    • DiezelT43's Profile Photo

Motorcycles from the U.S. to Iceland

Reykjavík Jun 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Inquiring about information for me and a buddy to get our motorcycles to Iceland for a ride from the U.S.. Info on possible travel arrangements, ferries for the bikes, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM
    • car for weekends

Reykjavík Jun 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM

hello, 3 erasmus students are looking for car for the weekends (we will be in Reykjavik from 26th June till 3rd August).

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 2:06 PM
    • BSI Bus Terminal

Reykjavík Apr 2, 2015 at 3:56 AM

On a cruise which only stops in Reykjavik for a couple of hours 1pm till 11pm. There will only be 2 of us. Seems most shore excursions depart before ship arrives, so I was thinking of visiting Blue Lagoon. I have found a tour that departs from the BSI Bus Terminal. Can anyone tell me how far from the port the bus terminal is and how do I get there.?

I was also considering the Hop on Hop Off Bus as I think we would have time to do both. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 6:46 AM
    • Geothermal Pump Stations

Reykjavík Feb 7, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Im looking for the locations of each of these (archdaily.com/90406/geotherm...) Geothermal Pump Stations by PK Arkitektar. I wondered if you guys could help me with this information as I can't find any online. I need to know how many there are and their locations. Any more information about the hot water wells in Reykjavik would be a great help.
      Thanks
      Adam

9 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    • changing money

Reykjavík Jan 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM

I realise that rates fluctuate but in general am I better changing my money in the UK or am I likely to get a better rate in Rekjavic? Many thanks.

11 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • transportation

Reykjavík Jan 2, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Hi. We are 4 adults. What are the options and costs of getting from the airport to the centre? We are staying at the Hotel Fron and will arrive on a Saturday afternoon. Many thanks.

9 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Questions about Reykjavik

Reykjavík Dec 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Will be in Reykjavik for 4 days in February. Main purpose is to hopefully see the Northern Lights. How much light will we have during the day and what do you recommend to see other than Golden Circle Tour? Thanks.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 5:30 PM