Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

New Years Eve ball or restaurant

Saint Petersburg Sep 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some advice on where to go for New Years Eve in Saint Petersburg...

I realise that this is a very important time for Russian families to spend time with each other. However, for guests to the country, what would you suggest would be the most interesting thing to do / place to visit to get a taste of NYE festivities?

I know a lot of people will wander along Nevsky Prospect to gather in Palace Square. Not particularly into drunken crowds, so would rather consider something like:

1. A quieter place but still good views to see the fireworks... Perhaps Strelka?
      2. The best restaurant that will offer excellent food with festive / cultural entertainment... perhaps L'Europe or Bellevue Brasserie?
      3. A NYE ball or other cultural occasion, such as the Tsar's Ball at Catherine Palace, but perhaps not quite so prohibitively expensive!

Thank you for any advice!

more
    • Gibt es in Voronezh ein Internet-Cafe?

Voronezh Aug 31, 2016 at 6:56 AM

gibt es in Voronezh ein Internet-Cafe?

more

Ostrovok.ru accommodation booking site

Russia Sep 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I have found accommodation in Saint Petersburg and Moscow affordably listed on the Russian hotel booking site Ostrovok.ru, but was hoping for some feedback as to its reliability.
      Has anyone else used Ostrovok.ru? Can I confidently book through them?
      I notice that some of the prices are listed with free cancellation but pay now, where they undertake to reimburse the paid amount if cancelled within guidelines. Has anyone done this before? Was the money repaid promptly and in full?
      Appreciate any feedback.

more

Best time to buy ballet tickets

Saint Petersburg Sep 18, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Hi,
      I heard on a podcast some local recommend you buy tickets for performances in Saint Petersburg directly from the box office rather than purchasing them online beforehand. Apparently, they are much cheaper that way.
      Anyone else care to weigh in on this? From personal experience, is it much cheaper to purchase tickets upon arrival in Saint Petersburg? What about performances selling out?
      Would love to know your opinion.
      Thanks!

more
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

To do or not to do?

Russia Sep 20, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Have to travel to RU (again) and than fly to the States from Moscow.
      The route I have in mind is to drive from Budapest via Brest - Minsk, leave the car at the "usual" place like the last time, take the flight and drive from Houston to Austin.

But this time my tendon (сухожилие) on the right shoulder is broken. That means I have to perform this with one hand. The car is automatic (Toyota Prius V), changing the speeds is made by a little switch next to the steering wheel, it can be operated with the left hand.

I successfully went from France to Hungary - but the pain is not any better.

Kind of leaning towards train. But there is no train from Houston to Austin - and I have to go to work every day. Postponing the travel is out of question.

more
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

S7 airlines

Russia Sep 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM

I am about to book flight to Moscow for next month, and I found cheap light with S7 Airlines to Domodedevo .
      The same flight with Airberlin is €100 more expensive and they both go nearly at same time.
      Now I would like to know is S7 Airlines legit and how good it is.. I have been looking on the net for more info but is bit sporadic.. So can you please enlighten me, if you have used it?
      Many thanks

more