change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ohrid-Trpejca busses

Opstina Ohrid Aug 18, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Hello everyone,
      I want to ask you guys if there are any busses between Trpejca and Ohrid.
      Thank you for your advices

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

orientation tips

Skopje Aug 6, 2016 at 1:13 PM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask if anyone knows how far train and bus stations are from eachother. The reason is I'm booking a train ticket Beograd-Skopje but I've just been able to find bus tickets for Skopje-Sofia.

Has anyone travelled thru the Beograd-Skopje-Sofia by train mainly? Thank you

more
    • From Ohrid to St.Naum

Ohrid Jul 25, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Hi!

Husband and I will be staying in Ohrid for a couple of days and would like to visit the Monastery of St. Naum. Is it possible to get there by car?

more
    • florina-bitola-struga

Struga Jul 27, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hello!!

Does anyone knows a reliable and cheap taxi from florina to bitola?
      And can i take a bus from bitola straight to struga? How can i get a ticket or time table?

Tks ;)

more

Popular Republic of Macedonia Travel Answer Locations

• Ohrid-Trpejca busses

Opstina Ohrid Aug 18, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Hello everyone,
      I want to ask you guys if there are any busses between Trpejca and Ohrid.
      Thank you for your advices

1 Answer Aug 18, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

orientation tips

Skopje Aug 6, 2016 at 1:13 PM

hello everyone,

I kindly ask if anyone knows how far train and bus stations are from eachother. The reason is I'm booking a train ticket Beograd-Skopje but I've just been able to find bus tickets for Skopje-Sofia.

Has anyone travelled thru the Beograd-Skopje-Sofia by train mainly? Thank you

5 Answers Aug 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    • florina-bitola-struga

Struga Jul 27, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hello!!

Does anyone knows a reliable and cheap taxi from florina to bitola?
      And can i take a bus from bitola straight to struga? How can i get a ticket or time table?

Tks ;)

5 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM
    • From Ohrid to St.Naum

Ohrid Jul 25, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Hi!

Husband and I will be staying in Ohrid for a couple of days and would like to visit the Monastery of St. Naum. Is it possible to get there by car?

5 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 4:18 AM
    • JohnMounfield's Profile Photo

Need to know what is happening in skopje

Skopje Jul 24, 2016 at 7:44 PM

I need to know if there are skopje local news papers printed in english

2 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Lake Ohrid travel

Skopje Jul 13, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hello...Are there many bus options or is a car rental the best option from Skopje to Ohrid? We may stay over one night and would like to be by the lake. We will be in Skopje for a wedding/touring from 7/26 through 7/31. Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 4:24 PM
    • Joyous28's Profile Photo

Skopje to Thessaloniki

Skopje Jun 1, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Hi everyone, I am planning to travel to Macedonia and Greece for 8 days. Does anyone know if the border crossing from Skopje to Thessaloniki is safe and how long is it taking? I have tried to search this forum but did not see travel advisories anywhere. I am traveling alone, so I want to be extra cautious. Thank you :)

8 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 8:42 AM
    • JohnMounfield's Profile Photo

Airlines from Skopje to UK

Skopje May 29, 2016 at 3:19 PM

I need to fly from Skopje to northern UK in July. Which airlines/websites could I use

8 Answers Jun 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    • Thessaloniki-Skopje

Skopje May 24, 2016 at 1:21 AM

I am planning to have an interrail trip which involves the route Thessaloniki-Skopje. Although I've scheduled my plan according to the timetable provided by interrail.eu and checked the plan many times, I realized two days ago that the route is no longer available at the website.
      Do you know whether the train still runs from Thessaloniki to Skopje? If it is not the case what are the other means of transportation to Skopje?

Thanks!

9 Answers May 25, 2016 at 2:35 AM
    • Taxi from Thessaloniki to Bitola?

Republic of Macedonia May 17, 2016 at 1:47 AM

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get a taxi from Thessaloniki to Bitola and how much it would cost?? Or any other recommendations on how to get to Bitola from there? Thanks so much for any info!! 

6 Answers May 31, 2016 at 7:16 AM
    • Bus from Ohrid to Kotor

Republic of Macedonia May 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Would anyone mind helping me, please?

I had looked for buses from Ohrid to Kotor when I found Galeb buses. On its website is told there is a bus departuring from Skopje, getting Ohrid, Kotor and the final destination is Xerceg Novi.

I have emailed them, but noboby have answered me yet. Therefore, I want to know if all those informations are correct and if it is possible to purchase a ticket online.

Does anyone here know another opition to go from Ohrid to Kotor?

1 Answer May 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

Few questions,coming to Ohrid for 1st of May

Opstina Ohrid Apr 16, 2016 at 6:11 AM

Hello locals and Ohrid enthousiasts,
      I would like to know if u could recommend some good clubs in Ohrid
      We are also interested into going to some wellness so is there any field trip from Ohrid to Izgrev Hotel with its spa and pool complex.

Thank you see u soon D

2 Answers Apr 17, 2016 at 1:12 AM
    • lordgarner's Profile Photo

Travel from Skopje to Pristina, Kosovo

Republic of Macedonia Mar 17, 2016 at 2:23 AM

It seems there is an hourly bus but I can't find a website to confirm this and determine what times the buses leave and how I might buy two tickets.
      Can anyone help please?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 6:18 AM
    • Church processions 24 May

Republic of Macedonia Feb 29, 2016 at 10:03 PM

I wonder if I can see any colourful processions, e.g. around a cathedral, on Sts. Cyril and Methodius Day. I could probably be in Skopje then, or another town if it honours these saints more elaborately than the capital.

9 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 11:03 PM
    • Communist or war related places in skopke

Skopje Feb 18, 2016 at 12:52 AM

Anyone know any place? thankyou

3 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM
    • events, theater, etc in skopje

Skopje Feb 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM

Hello, please if somebody can answer some of this questions, we are going from the 20th to the 23th febraury I will apreciate it:

1. Some kind of circus in the city? like gypsy or normal circus
      2. Punk and heavymetal or rock bars, concerts? Better if groups sing in macedonian, not in english
      3. Gypsies neiborhoods where we can visit and are not dangerous.
      4. Neiborhoods of minorities or religious
      5. Any dangerous places to avoid?
      6. Flea markets
      7. Food markets

Thank you very much

4 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    • KFWong's Profile Photo

Driving in rented van from Skopje to Sofia

Skopje Feb 6, 2016 at 1:06 AM

We are from Malaysia. Our travel group of 7 adults have planned a 3 week self drive tour of the Balkans in May 2016. We will rent a van to drive in a loop from Sofia - Belgrade - Zagreb - Ljubljana - Plitvicka Jezera NP - Split - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Tirana - Ohrid - Skopje - Sofia.

On our last day (21st May 2016), we plan to drive @ 1000hr from Skopje to Sofia Airport to return the rented van @ 1800hr, and then catch our flight to KUL @ ETD 2130hr. The drive on route E871 is approx 250km / 4 hr drive.

We need advice on the following questions;
      1. As we are driving a rented van, would we face issues with the border control guards at the border crossing from Macedonia into Bulgaria with our passports and/or rented van ? The rental car company in Sofia will give us a Power of Attorney certificate to allow us to drive the rented van through the destinations on our trip itinerary, or
      2. Should we depart a day in advance (ie on 20th May 2016) from Skopje to Sofia in case we face issues with the border guards and is delayed for half a day ? If this happen, then we one extra day to resolve any issues with the border guards to allow us to drive our rented van to Sofia.

Would appreciate your valued advice on the above. TQ

11 Answers Feb 8, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    • get with locals in Ohrid, Macedonia

Ohrid Feb 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM

Goodmorning everyone!
      I will be soon travelling to Macedonia with my first stop in Ohrid and then Skopje. As I am a traveller and not a tourist, I really want to see how locals really leave, how they think and experience things they would. What is the best way to do this? What thing should I join in(exept from food activities of course since food is the universal language:) ) ?

8 Answers Feb 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM
    • Black Drin legends

Ohrid Jan 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Good evening everyone!

I was wondering if there any myths/folk stories revolving around the Black Drin river and the forest around it. Is it really called the Black Deer in Albanian?

Thank you,
      Stavi

4 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

Carrefour in Skopje

Skopje Jan 16, 2016 at 5:08 AM

Cannot fnd any info whether Carrefour is still opened..
      heard it is really big and many products are on sales..

3 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

carrefour express in Tetovo

Tetovo Jan 16, 2016 at 5:03 AM

is there still carrefour in Tetovo?
      cannot find any info on the internet..
      thanks
      hvala
      \faljemenderit

3 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 11:10 PM
    • Getting from Skopje

Skopje Jan 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Could anyone advise me how to get from Skopje airport to The hotel koka? Is there a bus that goes nearby or is better just to get a taxi? If taxis best how much should I expect to pay or is there a set fare?

As always, thank you for your help.

5 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    • Bus Skopje Thessaloniki and return?

Skopje Nov 24, 2015 at 4:43 AM

I fly to Skopje next weekend and I thinking about a short trip to Thessaloniki.
      Are both daily busses are still running in both directions?
      Does anybody know what the average border waiting time from Greece to Macedonia is?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 2:16 PM
    • Festival of Folk and Traditional Instruments

Dolneni Nov 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM

This sounds like my interest but I see different dates. One says always 22 and 23 May each year, others say "June" or "July". I'll have to book a hotel so need to confirm the date and build my flights and overall tour around this Festival.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • Galicnik wedding - alternatives?

Galicnik Nov 12, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I don't like the crowds at well-known festivals so I wonder if there are alternative traditional music/dance/costume opportunities elsewhere in Macedonia preferably about end of May/early June

5 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 9:35 PM
    • Music in Skopje

Skopje Oct 30, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Opera or kletzmer in Skopje on the 6th ot 7th of November?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 4:40 PM
    • Travel tips for Ohrid to Thessaloniki please

Ohrid Sep 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Came across this great site and would be most obliged if someone could cast some light on the latest travel options for this trip in 1 weeks time (appreciate subject has been addressed before... but much dated).
      From my research suggested appears:
      Bus Ohrid to Bitola
      Macedonian Taxi Bitola to Florina
      Bus Florina to Thessaloniki
      We were considering either Sunday 13th or alternatively Saturday 12th if Sunday schedules tricky?
      Any bus schedules available?
      How much is a realistic taxi cost for Bitola - Florina? and can someone suggest a trusted person/ operator?
      Is a taxi ride from Ohrid to Florina viable and at what price? (May be able to hook up with 2 other people if anyone interested to share?)
      With all the chaos re the migrant flood north from Greece to Skopje, has the border at Niki also been hit?
      Any assistance would be most appreciated!
      Thanks Guys

3 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Buses Thessaloniki-Skopje?

Republic of Macedonia Aug 15, 2015 at 4:28 AM

Hello,

Can anybody help me - I look for a bus from Thessaloniki to Skopje that should depart at noon (around 12 or 1 pm.) because I am coming from Kassandra to Thessaloniki (that will also take me about 2 hours to get to the center in the morning).
      Is there a company that offers flexible travel times to FYR Macedonia? And where is the bus stop for this route in Thessaloniki?

Thank you for your help and information.

Travelthrough

4 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • skopje to sunny beach

Skopje Aug 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM

is there any direct bus line from skopje to sunny beach bulgaria please help

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Prishtina airport to city center

Kosovo Jul 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM

We are travelling to Kosovo in September and we are 5 people. After landing to Prishtina airport we will head to Prizren.
      As far as I know there are buses from Prishtina to Prizren. How frequent are they and how long does it cost?
      On the other hand what are the transportation options from airport to city center? Are there public buses or shuttle bus?
      Thanks
      Filiz

2 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM