VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Recife Travel Answers

change location
bermudatriangle's Profile Photo

Learning Portuguese in Recife

by bermudatriangle Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 11:13 AM

Hello everyone, I am planning to come to Recife for the month of January 2005 and intend to spend atleast some of the time there learning Portuguese at a language school. Does anyone have any recommendations for good language courses? I can speak basic Portuguese (I speak French and a bit of Spanish) so I am not a complete beginner! Is it possible to maybe rent an apartment for the month, say in Boa Viagem, as I guess this will be alot cheaper than a hotel. Where would I find about apartments to rent? Also, what is the gay scene like there? Many thanks David

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Learning Portuguese in Recife

by cachaseiro Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 11:39 AM

renting an apartment for a month should not be a problem. it is quite common. the adresses i have are in denmark and i am sitting in albania right now and wont be home untill the end of november, so i cant help you right now. dont worry too much though. i dont think you will have problems. i saw ads for portugese classes the last time i was in recife 3 years ago, so there should be something.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • windpaard's Profile Photo

Re: Learning Portuguese in Recife

by windpaard Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 3:32 AM

hello recife has about 3 newspapers with a lot of offer of apartements,there also real state offices who does this kind of job.You have also cheap hotels who rent for a month,like hotel s.domingos in praça maciel pinheiro in centrum of recife,you can negociate about price and you have also a good breakfast,greetings,janu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines