Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel to Montefalco

Rome Oct 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM

We will be staying in Rome for a couple of days without a car. We will then be renting a car to drive to Montefalco. Is it easier to rent and drive from Tuburtina rail station or the airport?

• santanesia's Profile Photo

Soccer game in the first days of November.

Rome Oct 7, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Interested in going to see a soccer game in Rome between Oct. 31 and Nov. 4. Doesn't have to be First Division game; we'd just like to get the flavor of the local fans.

• Coming to stay in Padova

Padova Sep 24, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Hi everyone, I am new here and I am not realy familiar with the "Protocol".
      Well, I am about to come to Padova and live there, as there is a job offered to me at the University. So, not knowing anything about the city, i would like to have some information, concerning a cheap place to stay for the first days, or the areas that are ok to rent a house. And of course, how much -approximately- is the rental cost of a small house with one room!

Thanks anybody who will answer in advance

• dinner party for 80

Venice Oct 21, 2016 at 2:25 AM

I need to arrange a dinner for 80 people during the Venice Biennale next year and would like a modern upmarket restaurant preferable with views, any suggestions?

• Bus schedule

Florence Oct 8, 2016 at 12:49 AM

How late at night does bus number 17 run from the city center? I need to get from there to a hostel at midnight

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Blue Grotto

Capri Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Is it possible to visit Blue Grotto in January?

• Recommendations for restaurant (evening)

Italy Yesterday

I'd like to receive suggestions for an italian-style restaurant in Rome near "the Termini" for the evening of Tuesday November 1st; price range 20-25Euros per person. Thank you for your help

• Travelling to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Oct 18, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Me and my 2 friends are travelling to Cinque Terre from 28th Oct till 31st Oct 2016. We are using Riomaggiore as our home base. Since all our bookings are done, I would like to be prepared for our stay. Do you think Cinque Terre (Restaurants, Hotels, Pubs, hiking trails etc.) will be partially closed during our stay given its an off season? also, will it rain a lot or will I face bad weather? I would really love to enjoy the sea view but I am Little worried about the weather. I understand none can predict climatic changes but your answers would really help me.

• Florence at Christmas

Florence Oct 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM

We are considering a visit to Florence from December 26 to Jan 1. This wil not be our first visit, but the first time spending a full week there. Any suggestions for activities? Any special holiday events? Should the weather be good enough for touring?

• Bus Timetable

Siracusa Sep 26, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Where can I get a timetable in English for buses from Catania to Siracusa and back for Sunday 9th October 2016?

• buitensorg's Profile Photo

East/West Coast??

Italy 13 hours ago

Where would you suggest we could stay for a month Jan/Feb next year, in a beautiful town where we can enjoy day trips out .....and soak up the Italian culture! Must be on the coastline.....where it will be a milder winter! Kind thanks, appreciated.

• Bride salon

Gaeta Oct 20, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Hello everybody!!
      Are there some bride salons in Gaeta? And where are they?

• Night taxi milan

Milan Oct 15, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Staying on Corso Buenos Aires 30, i want to get to central station at 4:00 am and been advised that walking at that time is not safe. Any night taxi stands, or online taxi booking ? ( I don't have local phone, but have Wifi) . Thank you.

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Bus to Salerno

Positano Oct 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Have booked a 9:52am train from Salerno and am staying in Positano. Should we be able to make it using the buses or would it be wiser to spend the night before in Salerno?

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Rome to Positano

Italy Oct 3, 2016 at 5:35 PM

What is the best way to travel to Positano from Rome? We need to leave in the afternoon in order to see Wednesday mass. Looking at high speed train to Salerno to avoid lots of changes, but not sure how difficult it will be to finish the journey on to Positano.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Milan to Paris with TGV

Milan Oct 1, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Direct Trip from Milan to Paris with TGV in January has a nice landscape?

• Naples Attractions

Italy Sep 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM

We will be in Naples for a day in early November as part of a cruise. Which sites or landmarks should we visit in priority in the center of the city (we went to Pompei and Almafitana coast in the past)? Is it worthwhile to take a sightseeing bus Hop on Hop off Tour ? Is there any concern for safety in the old town of Naples?

Thank you for your comments.

• David Tomorrow?

Florence Oct 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM

We only have tomorrow afternoon (Oct. 21) and night in Florence before we fly out Saturday morning. I really want to see the statue David but I hear that the lines are always long unless you're on a tour. Will I be able to get into a tour that lasts just an hour or 2 if I don't get there until noon or shortly after tomorrow? What is the best way to set something up? (We do not have a phone here....)

We plan to stay in an Airbnb apartment in Pont Vecchio. I would really appreciate your help with this as I don't want to spend our limited time waiting in line to see the exhibit. Also, do you have any other things that are nearby that would be quick and easy to see?

Many thanks in advance!

• Venice to San gim to Rome

San Gimignano Oct 8, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hi, trying to figure out best way to do the rental car...should I train to Florence and rent a car there, or pick up the car in Venice and drive to s gim? Sounds like the drive isn't particularly scenic. And at the end of the week in San gim, we will be heading to Rome. I know not to drive there, so should I return the car in Florence, Siena, Orvieto, or Rome airport? We could take train from Florence, Siena or Orvieto. Thanks in advance,

• Catania cruise port to city center

Catania Sep 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM

We will be in Catania in November in a cruise. Is the cruise port close to the center of Catania? Can we visit the Catania's main attractions by foot from the ship Harbour?

• meeson's Profile Photo

im thinking of going to Treviso

Treviso Oct 14, 2016 at 3:49 AM

I might go to Treviso for new year as there is a rockabilly show on. how far is venice Treviso airport from Treviso and what are the costs of hotels etc.
      thank you fellow vt'ers in advance

• toreskobba's Profile Photo

Via Francigena San Gimignano to Siena

Tuscany Oct 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM

I have 4 days in Tuscanny in mid october and I was thinking about doing part of the Via Francigena, more specifically San Gimignano to Siena, or Ponte d'arbia to San Quirico. I like to take photos so which one of these would be nicest in fall. Or any other 3 day walks recommended in fall in that area? From what I have read its quite feasible to do it alone as it is quite well marked and with signs, but I find very little information about doing it alone, mostly tours. I am planning on taking the bus to San Gimignano and starting the next morning, does that sounds ok?

Warm regards
      Tore Skobba

• Amalfi base in early April

Sorrento Oct 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM

My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of April. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.

I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the buses/ferries will be more limited.

Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
      - Pompeii
      - coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced and the weather cooperates
      - possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella) - if we have time, not super high on the priority list
      - not sure about Capri, leaning against it

Things we are less interested in -
      - shopping, souvenir shops
      - beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
      - high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
      - Naples

Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind? Sorrento is what I've heard is the easiest base, but I've also been reading about some of the smaller towns being potential options (Vietri Sul Mare near Salerno, others) - what is the best choice given time of year and ease of transport?

• Advice on must see places of Sardinia?

Sardegna Oct 9, 2016 at 7:42 AM

We've booked 5 nights on the island of Sardinia and hoping to get some ideas on recommended areas to stay/visit? I feel that the island itself might be too large to choose anywhere to stay and then venture out each day. Thanks!

• Trenitalia Question

Italy Oct 19, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to book a trip from Venice to Malpansa Airport on 13th January but cant seem to book on the Trenitalia website.. The furthest in advance I can get tickets for this trip is early December. Does anyone know why this is or when tickets might be released for my date?

I have been able to book other train trips through Italy in January just not this one...

• alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day in Porto Corsini on cruise ship.

by alisononthego Online Now Jul 31, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Hello, we have one day in this area on Fri 30th September. Could you tell me if its worth the 20mins drive to Ravenna and is there a regular bus service available please? It seems that the area where we are docked is nice enough to spend a few hours if we do not get to Ravenna. Many thanks

• visiting in early november

by MehmetT Online Now Feb 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM

I want to visit Ravenna in early november. Do you think that it is a good time to visit the city?

4 Answers Feb 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM
    • walking tour

by DragonJ Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM

hi can someone suggest a walking tour for a few hours around Ravenna Italy with recommended sights included? We are about 60 people wanting to see as much as we can in a few hours.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • travelling to outskirts of Ravenna

by chuckjung2013 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM

hello again
      My wife and I are excited as it is now about six weeks before we head off to Ravenna. We'll be heading off at different times and staying at different places as she is part of a Dragon Boat Team heading over at the end of August, and I'll be making some side stops before I go watch her paddle.

My wife will be staying at a hotel in Cesenatico with her team. After the festival, she will break away from her tour group and meet me in Ravenna. What are some of the ways for her to get from Cesenatico to Ravenna? She usually doesn't travel without me, so she is getting a little nervous.

As I will be staying in Ravenna, what are the ways to get from Ravenna to Stadiana Bacin where the festival is being held. I emailed the tourist bureau and haven't got a response yet. Do people know of the best way for me to get there or are will they have shuttles to take people back and forth.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • music ..concerts etc

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM

When travelling in Italy ..Ravenna .....Rome there a web site or newspaper to look at to see what concerts are in town.....
      Thank you
      Loretta Lee

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • Travel from Raveena to Croatia

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM

From Ravenna
      which is the best way to travel to Croatia or I heard there is a ferry?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • transportaion

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:32 AM

from hotel rouge in Ravenna
      what is the best way to get to the airport ..and how often does the train or bus run,
      thank you

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Ravenna to Bologna airport

by eyesfull Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I will be in Ravenna May 31,2014 and will need to get to Bologna airport the next day (June 1) for a 10:10 a.m. flight home. What is the best way to get to the airport that morning? train + bus, shuttle-race, or ?

11 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    • eating in Ravenna

by sylric12 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I went to restaurant reviews for Ravenna, Italy and found nothing more recent than 2012. Anyone been there lately? We will be 4 adults, two of them Italian, my mother and step dad, and would like something central but not over-the-top expensive, for dinner. Willing to make reservations. Also is there a day of the week when everything shuts down? It made me nervous when I saw that one restaurant closed on Tuesdays since that is the day of the week when we will be there.
      Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    • bus transportation from train station Ravenna to Stadiana Rowing Center Ravenna

by terrycurtis Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM

has anyone taken a public bus from Ravenna to the Stadiana Rowing Center? Is there a bus to this destination and if so, what is the bus number and traveling time?

• Contact information for the shop at Via Armando Diaz (I think the name is Sill Moda)

by dsjeffries Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My spouse saw a handbag at this shop when her cruise stopped in Revanna. When she went back to the shop to buy it prior to re-boarding the ship, it was closed. Does anyone have contact information (phone, e-mail, etc.) for this shop? I haven't had any luck searching online for it.

2 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • vancouver to ravenna and rome

by chuckjung2013 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My wife and I are planning to go the 2014 dragon boat festival in Ravenna in Sept. 2014. We are hoping to go to Rome afterwards. I am just starting to do research on transportation. From Vancouver, is there a certain European hub which is preferred (e.g. Amsterdam), what is the closest airport to Ravenna, preferred ground transportation from airport to Ravenna, and then what are the preferred ways to get to Rome.
      thanks in advance.

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

classe stop

by agathi Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Good morning. I have found the winter timetable of the bus from Ravenna to Classe. I would like someone to tell me what exactly is the name of the bus stop in Classe in order to visit s.Appolinare so that i can check the hours. It gives three classe destinations. Please if someone knows sth inform me.

1 Answer Aug 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

saint Appolinare in Classe

by agathi Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Where excactly shall i buy my bus ticket? Somewhere says in piazza caduti. Do i have to go there or can i get service from the station? The bus departs from the station or from this piazza? Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • OsmanE's Profile Photo

Good place to eat in Ravenna for lunch/dinner

by OsmanE Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I am arriving in Ravenna on 15.08, staying 4 nights. Could you recomand a good bistro, somewhere to have a good meal but not so expensive?
      Also, could you recommand some places to visit? I am staying at Roma Hotel.

1 Answer Aug 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • Choosing between Ravenna and Ferrara

by Danielef Online Now May 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I am planning a trip from Verona to Perugia, but I don't have many days, so I decided to drop one of the cities above. Which is the least interesting? Thanks!

6 Answers May 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • carmena's Profile Photo

maritime museum in cesenatico

by carmena Online Now May 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM

hello, VT's,
      any body knows if in June 2012 the maritime museum in cesenatico will be open? I mean with boats outside on the river? if yes, do you know the visiting hours?
      thaks for your time,

1 Answer May 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    • Looking for Restaurant

by pirace Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Several years ago my husband and I found a restaurant that we really enjoyed. We have been back on subsequent trips and always found it wonderful. But, suddenly we can't remember the name! It's located on Via Abruzzi, a few blocks up a hill from the main highway, it's on the right side of the road. Please help us - we want to recommend it to friends traveling next month. Thank you!!

4 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    • Hangout during january to march

by process Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

hi all

I am visiting ravenna for three months on an official trip during january to march. I got to know that during this time it is peak on winter and temp. is very low. I guess in such weather condition beach is not a right place to hang out. i would like to know

1) best places to hang out on weekends during winter. I know about san vitale and other mosaics and monuments. I want to know besides these locations.
      2) Is there any shopping streets ?
      3) I am also willing to join any activity classes with low fees or say no fees ( :) ).

Any help will be appreciated ?
      Thanks in advance...

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

Memorial Park Bench

by crazyman2 Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM

We were in Ravenna, Italy earlier this month. There is a park bench made of stone, with a carved coat placed on it and it is near P.Garibaldi which is a memorial to a well-known local person.

I'd appreciate finding out who this person was. Can you help me?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • info1

by locanda Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

do we need to take mosquito repellent to Ravenna...some tourist site suggest this

6 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    • local tours for cruisers

by pamelda Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM

hello--we arrive ravenna 4/16/11 via cruise ship for 1 day--ship tours SO expensive--are there local tour operators/ taxis on pier to take passengers to area sites? suggestions for what to do? are US$ accepted or will we need euros?--thanks

6 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    • Looking for English Speaking friends!

by eadillard Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I am staying in Ravenna for a while and would love to meet some English speaking people! I'm a 25 year old woman from Michigan longing to have a nice conversation with new friends. Any suggestions on how to meet people?

8 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • Summer course of mosaic

by Shownewdow Online Now May 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM

I'm just thinking to attend summer course for making mosaic art.
      Do you have any recommendation with value of cost ?
      I'm beginner to do it.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Room or studio in Ravenna

by anneberit Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 3:05 AM

I'm looking for a room or studio to rent during 3-4 weeks in July 2010. I'm going to attend a course in the mosaic school in Ravenna.

Anne-Berit Engh
      Lund, Sweden

• Lodging

by cheechny Online Now Feb 6, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Has anyone stayed in Ravenna? Would you recommend 2 nights? My husband likes a TV and internet access. Can you recommend a good hotel or B&B?

2 Answers Feb 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    • waelsoliman73's Profile Photo

I want to rent a room in Ravenna

by waelsoliman73 Online Now Dec 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I am Wael Soliman, I am an eye doctor from Egypt.I am travelling to Ravenna on 11th of January 2010, I am going there for training for 6 to 10 months. I want to rent a room with a suitble for price on this period either on a shared accommodation basis or a family accomodation. If any one from Ravenna could help me or give me any advise.My email is

1 Answer Dec 6, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

by Redang Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Hi everyone:

How to get:
      - San Marino-Ravenna
      - San Marino Bologna

By train? In case there are trains in San Marino.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • dirtroady's Profile Photo

Looking at Ravenna for (temporary) relocation to Italy

by dirtroady Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Hello VT community!

I'm looking for a place in Italy that meets (hopefully most of) the characteristics below and I think Ravenna may be it but I'd love to hear from you! I've never been to Italy though and the relocation would be for some 6 or 9 months starting in October or so.

My Italian is very basic at the moment and I'll be moving from NYC.

.Near the beach (preferably with some good beach volleyball);
      .Small town where government is efficient and paperwork gets processed promptly;
      .There are people (preferably single) in their 20's and 30's.

Thanks much for any help you may provide!

7 Answers Mar 13, 2009 at 5:46 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Ravenna from Florence

by roamer61 Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 7:14 AM

1. Is this feasible?

2. As a non-christain, is it still worth it to come and see the mosaics even though most are of a Christain theme?

18 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 12:59 AM