VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Ras Al Khaimah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drayman151's Profile Photo

Which district

Abu Dhabi Dec 30, 2016 at 2:14 AM

Hi
      Me and my wife are traveling to Abu Dhabi in a few days which is the best place / district to stay in we like the beach the city , bit of shopping and people watching advice most welcome thanks

more
    • BUS between Abu Dhabi and Dubai....

Abu Dhabi Jan 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Would anyone know if there is a bus running from Al Wahda Mall in Abu Dhabi to Al Gubalba Bus Terminal in Dubai. We would appreciate the info. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Abu Dhabi/Dubai

United Arab Emirates Jan 4, 2017 at 12:48 PM

I am landing in Dubai next week.. Have not acquired their currency. Will have to take a taxi from Airport to my Hotel. Do the Taxi Drivers accept North American Credit cards?

more
    • travelnick's Profile Photo

Dubai NYE Fireworks

Dubai Dec 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM

I will be in Dubai for the NYE fireworks at the Burj Kalifa. Where is a good place to watch and photograph the fireworks? At what time do you have to get there to get a good spot?

more
    • Hotel Booking Deals for New Year in Dubai

Dubai Dec 29, 2016 at 1:07 AM

I have a plan to visit Dubai this New Year celebration with my family, someone please Suggest me best hotel booking site, from where I can get the best deal.

more
    • Bus route in Dubai.

Dubai Jan 12, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Is there a public transportation between Ibn Battata Mall and Dubai World trade center? Our Hotel (Hotel President) is near Dubai World Trade center. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Wrong gender on visa

Dubai Jan 3, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Hello, i got my longterm e-visa for tourist but i as i checked the details, it is Ms. instead of Mr. agency's fault,will that affect my entry to dubai? Will i get trouble with this?will the immigration question it?

Thank you

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Dubai airport

Dubai Jan 1, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Hi. I have a multi hour layover at Dubai airport starting at 1 am. Will any of the restaurants be open at that time? I have checked the airport website but have not had any luck in determining what is open at odd hours. Thanks.

more
    • Public transportation and accomodation

by Tin_10001 Online Now May 2, 2016 at 6:20 AM

Are public buses within RAK already available? Or they still rely on taxi? How much is the standard fare? How about accomodation- where can I find affordable accomodation- flat share/condo share?

• pierre1974dale's Profile Photo

Travelling in Feb 15

by pierre1974dale Online Now Dec 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Travelling there as a couple we are after some info regarding trips and any must do's we will be there for 6 days. We have been looking at a Dhow trip from Mousadam and also a trip around the Hatta mountains any advice & tips??

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    • RAK - Abu Dhabi

by tourist1111 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Whats the best way to get from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?

• safety

by SheilaN8 Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

is RAK safe for girl?
      I'll may live there alone and wondering about the safety. Thanks

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • LizzieSouthWales's Profile Photo

Need some advice before going to RAK

by LizzieSouthWales Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I have booked to go to RAK on 8th Sept till 16th Sept which I am awae of now is Ramadam (was not told by travel agent). This is not a big problem for me as I dont drink and wanted a quiet relaxing holiday anyway.

A few things I wanted to query were dress code both for me and my partner in shopping areas, on excursions, around hotel and dining areas and beach.
      Also tipping, is this expected or not approved of.
      We dont wish to offend people and from another forum I dont get any clear answers

13 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 3:07 AM
    • whats it like?

by donnahol Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 8:19 AM

I have been to Dubai and loved it, we want to try a different part next time Ras Al Khaimah looks nice and quiet, so can anyone answer my questions? Is the beach as nice as the beach at Jumeirah Dubai? What are the resturants like? Is there less traffic? Is there shopping malls? Is it as safe? please help

3 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM