change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Distance from Devizes centre to Caen hill locks

Devizes Jul 20, 2016 at 2:31 AM

What is the walking distance from the centre of Devizes town to. the Caen hill locks please.-- PS Is there a bus.? Thank you.

more
    • parking Leeds/Bradford airport

United Kingdom Jul 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Where would it be best to park at Leeds Bradford airport for 7 nights. The long stay or medium stay car park. Would prefer to walk to terminal. Many thanks Denise

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Help for Northern Ireland

Belfast Yesterday

Tourist , not loving those big city vibes and traffic....if you have been to Galway ,then would know of a city like that , not Belfast

more
    • Manchester discount card

Manchester Yesterday

Hi,
      Is theMANCHESTERcard.com discount card worth buying?
      Tommy

more
    • 15 hour transit/ stopover?

London Jul 3, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi all!
      I am soon to be travelling to Mauritius with my 2 small children from London.
      We have a 15 hour transit.
      My daughter has learning disabilities, she will be using her pushchair.
      I was wanting to know about assistance at Dubai and what I can arrange prior to travel. Any advice gratefully received.

more
    • stealthboi's Profile Photo

transportation (liverpool to manchester)

Manchester Jun 27, 2016 at 1:33 AM

hello all

i'll be coming in from liverpool and i really want to visit both old trafford stadium and etihad stadium. may i know the nearest station for the 2 stadiums? how do i go about it? i understand i can buy the tickets from thetrainline.com.

please advise

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Is it worth 8 days

Northern Ireland Jul 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM

We were in Ireland last October ,going back this year...staying first 10 days in kinsale ,near cork.....then up Northern Ireland ...don't love big cities like Dublin .. We loved Gaway ....what about Northern Ireland , ( Belfast ). Need some other places....need your help......Martin

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Around Wiltshire area

England Jul 17, 2016 at 2:42 AM

I would like your ideas of where to use has a base to stay and visit other places by bus ( mainly ) or train. Which is best connected? - My places i wish to visit are, Swindon, Didcot rail centre, Salisbury, Amesbury, Devizes, Marlborough , and Winchester. I would stay 4 or 5 nights, would two bases be any good ? Would not go to all places Thanks.

more
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

Fife coastal path

Scotland Jul 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hello,

I think we will have a day trip tomorrow from Edinburgh to St. Andrews along the coast by train and bus, as per my travel question yesterday. Thanks for all the great answers. I am planning to follow Fergie's route via Dunfermline by train, then bus to st Andrews, stopping off at Anstruther and Crail.

Then two or three hours in St. Andrews, then train to Edinburgh.

How does that sound in terms of enjoyment and time feasibility? Happy to get back to Edinburgh about 8.30 or so.

Thanks,
      Lucy

more
    • this weekend

Goathland Jul 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM

What is happening this weekend in gothland

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

friends visa

London Jun 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM

Hi vt,ers
      I thought I would ask you guys before I research this as I know some of you will know. I have a friend from Saudi Arabia who is studying at Dublin University. Does he need a visa to come to London in the next 2 months. Saudi Arabia apparently has a deal with Ireland, something to do with not needing insurance but he is not sure about London. Any help would be more than welcome
      Thanks guys

more
    • Getting from train station to bus station

Bangor Jul 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Having problems finding out best way to get from the Bangor train station to the bus station. Are coming into train station on Monday evening July 25, and need to catch to bus to Caernarfon right away.

Thanks!

more
    • sammie's Profile Photo

How to get to castle from chapel

Roslin Jul 13, 2016 at 2:37 AM

Is it possible to get to the castle from the chapel site? Or do we need to walk around the whole site and cross the river North Esk. I can not find any clear answers on the website of the Rosslyn chapel.

Thanks for your reply!

more
    • Transportation from Southampton to Heathrow

London Jul 8, 2016 at 6:45 AM

How can I get from the port Southampton to the airport Heathrow?

more
    • Deciding between 2 hotels in London

London Jul 1, 2016 at 3:53 AM

I need advice in choosing between two hotels (London house hotel in Bayswater) and (Bladford near madame tussauds). The first is less expensive, slightly larger room, better rated, but I hear the location is crowded. The bladford is nice, but more expensive, but the location seems nicer than bayswater. Any ideas/advice? thank you!

more
    • Local transport to Ferry Terminal?

Poole Jun 24, 2016 at 10:18 AM

I need to select a hotel near the Ferry and the catch a transport to the Ferry terminal to Cherbourg at 8:30 AM. HOW do I do this and get there by 7:30 AM??????

more
    • Best Hotel to Stay in London?

London 14 hours ago

Hi I will be visiting London in month of August! So please guide me the best hotel to stay in Cheers!

more
    • English Teaching Courses in Asia

London Jul 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM

In which country in Asia can I follow a world class English teaching course? I'd like a 4 - 6 week intensive course. Which one is the best value for money?

more
    • Enough time?

Gatwick Jun 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM

My flight from Izmir is scheduled to land at 14.40. My coach to Bristol is scheduled to leave at 15.40. Will I catch it?

more
    • Place for dinner and drinks

London Jul 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM

Hi,
      Was wondering if there is any good place for dinner and drink around London eye? Taking team out tonight (5 of us), would like to be able to chat and connect with them while we drink. Budget £200. Thanks.

more
    • accomodation east london

London Jul 6, 2016 at 11:23 PM

clean dwelling,for Mum Dad and young daughter air bnb etc reasonably priced in east London
      thank you Robert

more
    • 4 hour transit in Heathrow on our way to US. Arrival T#5 and departure T#3. Do we need UK Visa?

Heathrow Jun 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM

My wife and I would like to travel to New York on the 18th July 2016 and back on the 9th August 2016. We have selected the American Airlines (operated by British Airways) which. We understood that we will have a stopover (transit) at Heathrow Airport for less than 4 hours both ways. We have 1 year Multiple entry Visa to the USA. I have also 6 months re-entry visa to the UK, however my wife has not got UK Visa. The arrival terminal is 5 and the departure terminal to US is 3.
      Do we need to go through passport control or there is a bus within the transit area for flight connection? Would you also please confirm whether UK Visa is a must or as it is only a short duration transit no need for UK Visa.

more
    • Transit without visa UK

Heathrow Jul 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM

I landed in Canada from india on 31st May,2016 via london.I had a stopover of 14 hours and I was given Transit without visa for 24 hours landside for overnight stay,since I was having entry visa to Canada.Now that I am moving back to India with same stopover of 14 hours at London.But this time its morning and my flight will depart at 20.45 in evening from London .My PR card had been applied but same is not reached as yet.My question is will I be able to get Transit without visa for staying in nearby hotel,as I am travelling with kids ?Secondly,my departing terminal is T4,where hotel heathrow is connected via covered walkway,Can we go to this hotel straightway or need to cross Immigration as well ?Pl.advise.
      My ticket is one single ticket from Canada to india with stopover at London.

more
    • Accessing Terminal 2 from Terminal 3

Heathrow Jul 14, 2016 at 11:33 PM

I am new to VT and apologize if similar posts show up. I think my previous questions have not posted due to my email not being verified so I am trying again.

My wife and I will be flying British Airways arriving terminal 3 and leaving terminal 5. We have a 6 hour layover in Heathrow and would like to access the United Club Lounge located in terminal 2.

It is my understanding in reading other posts that you can only have access to the terminal you are leaving from. However, I have also read something about terminals 2 and 3 being connected by a walkway. Does this mean that if we fly into terminal 3 we could have access to terminal 2 even through we are not flying out of there? Or is there a security check point between terminal 3 and the United Club Lounge we would be trying to get to in terminal 2.

Thanks so much!

more
    • Newquay56's Profile Photo

Amount of Time between landing and getting out of airport

Gatwick Jul 11, 2016 at 6:57 AM

Hi, I land at Gatwick South from Newquay on Friday at 08.45 with only hand luggage. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take between my flight landing and being able to get to the train station? I am trying to work out what train time to aim for.
      Thanks for any help.

more