change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9 Day Itinerary

Costa Rica 12 hours ago

Hi Everyone,

We will be travelling to Costa Rica at the end of December and need some help with an itinerary.

We will be there for 9 full days - flying in and out of San Jose.

We have heard that there isn't much to do or see in San Jose so is it worth spending time there?

From the research we've done so far we would like to spend some time by the beach, some time doing activities such as zip lining, rafting etc, visiting the volcanoes, seeing wildlife etc.

What itinerary would you suggest? In terms of traveling around, would you suggest driving or taking buses?

Any help is appreciated!

• where to stay

San José Yesterday

question 1: We arrive on Thursday at 1:22 am. Do I book a hotel for Thursday or Wednesday? Not sure.

question 2: We want to stay in Manuel Antonio National Park. I am a woman travelling with two children. Any suggestions? I don't want to pay much over $100, less would be great. Saturday - Thursday.

question 3: How do we get from San Jose to Manuel Antonio? Bus I am assuming and do I have to book that in advance? 2.5 hours journey correct? How much will I pay?

Thanks for all the helpful tips!

• Gotdmnstar's Profile Photo

Blue River Resort - Transportation

Liberia Oct 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I am trying to find a cheaper alternative for getting to and from the airport. The resort charges $120 each way (for up to 4 ppl). Any help would be appreciated. I'm traveling with one person; is anyone going on 10/10/16 that could share a shuttle with us?

• T Shirt Shop in Montezuma Costa Rica

Montezuma Sep 28, 2016 at 8:01 AM

We bought a great T shirt at a nice surf style shop in Montezuma Costa Rica. It was located by an ice cream/yogurt store on the same side of the road. We cannot find the name of it anywhere. we would like to buy more shirts if possible.

• Mnavarro's Profile Photo

What to do In Alajuela Area

San José Oct 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Our 15-day tour of Cost Rica will start on January 19, 2017 in San Jose (3 nights) and will take us through the country for the next 12 days and end in San Jose in the morning of February 2, 2017. Then we move to the Marriott Hotel in Alajuela (to be closer to the airport) for our post tour stay. I am trying to decide whether to spend 2 (Thursday - Saturday ) or 3 more nights (Thursday - Sunday) in the Alajuela area. What are there to do in Alajuela for 3 days considering that we would have already visited most of the tourist attractions in San Jose? Is there swimming in the area?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

• where to stay

San José Yesterday

What area would you recommend I look for a hotel in San Jose? I will be arriving late at night (1;30am) with my two daughters (age 8 & 9). I would like to be central and walking distance from most sights and markets. Is there such a central area?

• Monteverde vs Braulio Carrillo

Costa Rica Oct 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I am a solo female traveller going to costa Rica at he end of October for two and a half weeks. I'll try to spend about 1 week along the caribbean coast from Tortuguero to Manzanillo, maybe crossing to Bocas de Toro (Panama) and stay there for 3-4 days (to get the PADI), Manuel Antonio on the Pacific side for a couple of days and if I have time enough in case I skip Panama, I might go to Corcovado. So... I'd like to do a rainforest or cloud forest on my way to Tortuguero starting from Alajuela or on my way back at the end of my trip. Not sure if I should head to Monteverde or Braulio Carrillo instead. I would love any advise from anyone who has been to both! Thanks.

• easyout4u's Profile Photo

Railroads ?

Costa Rica Sep 28, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Do they have any train travel in costa rica ?

• directions

by jhonnathan Online Now Dec 15, 2007 at 10:19 AM

How can I see and know about hotels and restaurants using the webpage for any specific place as well as Quircot?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2007 at 10:55 AM