VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Queens

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bardenny's Profile Photo

April trip - Tips /Advice

Brooklyn Jan 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Just looking for any tips/advice on my forthcoming trip to NY. Am staying in Brooklyn as want to be near the Barclay Centre and staying in the Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel (unless anyone can recommend somewhere else) . will be there at the beginning of April, dont have a high budget so looking for bargains (arent we all). Things like best way to get around, to get from Brooklyn to NYC, restaurants/cafes to visit, only there 5 nights so want to try and do as much as possible. Also why is the site closing down?

more
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

subway access

New York City Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 AM

Is it easier to catch the subway from John F Kennedy or LGA? thanks (typed out JFK for enough words to get it in the system.

more
    • Chi-Guy's Profile Photo

5 Pointz Area- Good or Bad?

by Chi-Guy Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I am going to be in NYC for 4 days in early June and one of the things I found that I would like to see is 5Pointz. I am looking for ANY information regarding the area. Is the area rough? Not only the area, but the area I may take to get over there. Is there a footbridge from Manhattan (I am staying near Times Square) to get there? Or should I take a train? Bus? Is there anything to see on the inside? ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! By the way- I will only be with my 15 year-old daughter. So if there is any chance of the area being rough I simply won't go. Thanks for your help!

2 Answers May 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    • alvi21's Profile Photo

Noguchi Museum

by alvi21 Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Dear VTers,

I'm visiting friends in NYC next month (March 2011) and would like to visit the Noguchi Museum in Queens. In order to have a better idea of my itinerary planning, I'd like to ask experienced museum-goers how much time (estimated average) one might spend at the Noguchi Museum.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alphée

3 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    • street addresses

by Bobchapman Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 6:22 AM

It would be a help if you would post street addresses with your descriptions of sites to visit. We don't ALLL arrive by subway!

3 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    • Cheap Hotel/B&B - helppp.

by danieljohnsonfilms Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Okay so, I´m looking to head to NY in Oct/Nov.. I really love Queens, I´m happy to stay there, I´m sure it´d be cheaper than Manhattan.. but where? I want a place that is cheap enough for a nobody to be able to afford, but decent enough that my stuff is secure and I can sleep comfortably!. Any ideas? Please helppppppppppp!.

DJ

• affordable accommodation around jfk

by bloodnut Online Now May 6, 2007 at 5:25 AM

After 50 odd years it is time to go on a real holiday, and where else but the states. We are a family of 3, Husband, wife and son 22 and we need to book into accommodation for two nights but we are on a tight budget and would like a reasonable place with parking. Can anyone please help

Phil

1 Answer May 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM