change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New Years Eve

New York City Oct 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Hi all,

My husband and I (both 27) will be in New York for new year and as everyone else seems to we are struggling with what to do. I literally refuse to go anywhere near time square but would still like a bar/lounge/party to go to. I've read the Chelsea area is the place to be? Has anyone got any suggestions please? Is it best to eat late afternoon? Thanks :-)

• What to wear

New York City Oct 8, 2016 at 8:10 AM

My BFF and I will be in NYC from 10/15 thru 10/22. What clothes do I take for all the sightseeing we Erik be doing. I've got my Skecher shoes but what about clothing, sweaters, jacket, coat, gloves, etc.?

• Chi-Guy's Profile Photo

5 Pointz Area- Good or Bad?

by Chi-Guy Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I am going to be in NYC for 4 days in early June and one of the things I found that I would like to see is 5Pointz. I am looking for ANY information regarding the area. Is the area rough? Not only the area, but the area I may take to get over there. Is there a footbridge from Manhattan (I am staying near Times Square) to get there? Or should I take a train? Bus? Is there anything to see on the inside? ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! By the way- I will only be with my 15 year-old daughter. So if there is any chance of the area being rough I simply won't go. Thanks for your help!

2 Answers May 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    • alvi21's Profile Photo

Noguchi Museum

by alvi21 Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Dear VTers,

I'm visiting friends in NYC next month (March 2011) and would like to visit the Noguchi Museum in Queens. In order to have a better idea of my itinerary planning, I'd like to ask experienced museum-goers how much time (estimated average) one might spend at the Noguchi Museum.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    • street addresses

by Bobchapman Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 6:22 AM

It would be a help if you would post street addresses with your descriptions of sites to visit. We don't ALLL arrive by subway!

3 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    • Cheap Hotel/B&B - helppp.

by danieljohnsonfilms Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Okay so, I´m looking to head to NY in Oct/Nov.. I really love Queens, I´m happy to stay there, I´m sure it´d be cheaper than Manhattan.. but where? I want a place that is cheap enough for a nobody to be able to afford, but decent enough that my stuff is secure and I can sleep comfortably!. Any ideas? Please helppppppppppp!.

• affordable accommodation around jfk

by bloodnut Online Now May 6, 2007 at 5:25 AM

After 50 odd years it is time to go on a real holiday, and where else but the states. We are a family of 3, Husband, wife and son 22 and we need to book into accommodation for two nights but we are on a tight budget and would like a reasonable place with parking. Can anyone please help

1 Answer May 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM