VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Quebec Travel Answers

change location

Hotel in quebec

by Mac111 Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Can anyone guide/inform us about the hotels in the outside of old quebec city?

We are two only, and we need a good hotel room for night stay only. we do not need any luxurious facilities/amenities. We plan to visit between 31 August and 03 September, 2012.

Is there any bus tour which takes you for the whole day guided tour?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel in quebec

by johngayton Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM

When I last visited I stayed at the Best Western on Rue de la Couronne in the modern part of the city. This was ideal - close to the main shopping area and the immediate location has some lively bars and good restaurants. The hotel itself is modern with things like a pool etc but I got it for a very reasonable rate - here's the website: www.bestwestern.qc.ca

As to a bus tour - Quebec is a compact city with most of the attractions withing easy walking distance and so a full-day bus tour would be kinda supefluous. Just pick up a walking map from the tourist office and do your own thing.

Alternatively, if you have a mobility problem, or just get plain footweary, there's the freebie "Ecolobus" which runs around the main attractions and can be used as a hop-on, hop-off service. Details here: rtcquebec.ca/%89colobus/tabi...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines