VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Quebec Travel Answers

change location

VISITING QUEBEC NEXT WEEK FOR WINTER CARNIVAL

by richrover Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM

I am a semi retired college professor visiting Quebec from the US. I have always wanted to see the carnival, but I would like to enjoy local dinner and drinks also. Anyone have an idea for a night out on the town, local restaurants and bars in the Old City?
Please write.
Richard

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • klmousseau's Profile Photo

RE: VISITING QUEBEC NEXT WEEK FOR WINTER CARNIVAL

by klmousseau Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi,
    Winter Carnival is a great time! It's very cold there now (i live just 3 hrs SW) My mom-in-law went last weekend and it was 20 below 0 with the wind chill, so dress warm!! You won't have any trouble finding great restaurants or bars. I can't think of any in particular, but when you're walking around during the day, check out the menus of restaurants. Small French Bistros are a sure bet. They usually have the best food and some are run by generations of French families. Some sights to see: Fairmont Le Château Frontenac - it's a HUGE hotel overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The snow sculptures are a lot of fun to check out. There are warming tents - have some hot apple cider and maple syrup on snow! There are some nice museums in town too. Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines