Qinghai Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VOA to shenzhen

Shenzhen Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am Indonesian. I will go to Shenzhen via Hongkong in December 2016 with my family,
      is Visa On Arrival (VOA) still available?
      Please kindly advise . Thanks.

• travel to Luang Namtha

Kunming Oct 18, 2016 at 3:22 AM

In December we would like to travel from Kunming to Luang Namtha. To save time, we would like to hire a car and driver. Does anybody know approximate cost, time of travel and possible companies to contact please.
      Many thanks

• Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

Anyang Oct 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

i would like to go away on vacation in DECEMBER-JANUARY. i can leave as early as DECEMBER 10, 2016 and return at the latest on JANUARY 8, 2017. i would like to go somewhere SUNNY and HOT, preferably with a BEACH, and NOT (TOO) EXPENSIVE. i would be travelling alone. i am not too fussy about the destination, but a basic minimim would be nice. is there a website that has special deals with last-minute deal on 'surprise' destinations? i heard about that some time ago, but i am not sure where. thanks in advance!
      p.s. i would be leaving from MONTREAL, QUEBEC.

• Manufacturers carved wooden french style table legs

China Oct 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Where can I get info regarding factories in China who manufacture carved wooden table legs. It must be accessible from Hong Kong by train. I search but need more info.
      Regards Elze

• Internet and tours

Xi'an Sep 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I will be in Xian from 9-15 October this year. I have a few questions:
      - is there a need to configure my Samsung Note to access internet?
      - is it cheaper to use private taxi/driver or to join advertised tours on viator for two senior travellers
      - how to get to Citadines Central Aparthotel from Xian airport?

Appreciate advice. Thank you.

• Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Shi Sep 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Do you think 60 minutes is enough for international transfer in Terminal 3 at Capital Airport?
      I am landing at 12:25 and the connecting flight is at 13:25, so I have exactly 60 minutes.

• Best day trip to see the Great Wall

China Oct 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Hello, we are traveling to Bejiing next week for several days (I know it will be busy as it is a national holiday), but want to know recommendations for best experiences at the Great Wall. We have looked at several tour agencies, it is advised to take a tour with a guide? If so, is it possible to book the trip from our hotel once we arrive, or do we need to book ahead of time? recommendations? thank you.

Popular Qinghai Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• Looking for travel mates for the Mt. Amnye Machen trek

Qinghai Sheng May 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Hello everyone!

Does anyone want to join me for the 2 week trekking around Mt. Amnye Machen in Qinghai province in late June this year?
      I traveled to that area a couple of years ago, but never done this trek. Due to 2014 is year of a horse, people say that there will be a lot of Tibetan pilgrims doing trek (they call it 'kora') around mountain Amnye Machen.
      At the moment I am e-mailing with SnowLion Tours. Their proposed program:
      It's expensive for me to do this tour as a solo trek, so I am looking for other travelers to share the costs. I am from Italy, female, 32 years old. I speak English and a bit of Chinese.
      Travel agent said that there is one more girl, who wants to do this trek in the end of June, so there are already two of us!
      If you're interested in this trek, please contact me: mia.mitchricards at

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • ritaz's Profile Photo

Visa to Xining?

Xining Jan 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi, please help me with the visa preparation: if I do apply for Chinese visa (doing Beijing - Xining - Xian), do I need the separate Tibet visa to visit Xining? Not going to Lhasa, only Xining and then back to inland, to Xian.
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • Visit Herder Communities in Qinghai

Xining Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How to visit some herders in Qinghai ? Please advise any tour operators who can make this happen. Thank you !

1 Answer Nov 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • ChongY's Profile Photo

Golmud to Lhasa by train

Golmud Aug 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Golmud to Lhasa by train on 13 September 2012
      1. What is the best time to catch the train?
      2. What is the price for soft seat ticket?
      3. Is it difficult to get train ticket in Golmud?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    • what to do for a day layover in Xining?

Xining Mar 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We plan to arrive by train at 8am and fly out at 6pm. Is there luggage storage at the railway station? Would it be better to get a day room at a hotel near the station ( suggestions ) and then explore the downtown area on foot. Are there opportunities to hire English speaking taxis for a short drive? Need some ideas!! Thanks

15 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Xining - hotel/hostel suggestions?

Qinghai Sheng Jul 24, 2009 at 4:22 AM

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Xining? Any tips on things to do there, things for kids, places to eat... would be great if you have them.

Many thanks,

3 Answers Jul 24, 2009 at 11:30 PM
    • Yushu Airport

Qinghai Sheng May 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM

The new airport in Yushu is scheduled to open this month (June 2009). Any information regarding airlines that service this airport and destinations available from this airport would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2009 at 2:23 AM
    • Golmud-Lhasa

Qinghai Sheng Feb 26, 2008 at 3:57 AM

got one question regarding the way from Golmud to Lhasa. That tourist travel permit to get to Lhasa, do i still need it to get into Tibet (was there last May/June and needed it which was a hazzle since i went individual, not on a booked tour).
      IF i still need it, how long does it take to apply for it in Golmud, and do i need it to be allowed to buy the Golmud/Lhasa Train ticket there, or to actually get on the train ?

Do you know any way to avoid the permit in case i need it ?

And does anybody know how hard its gonna be getting the train ticket around end of may ?

thanks for your help

• alwloch's Profile Photo

Is Xining worth visiting, while taking the train to Tibet?

Xining Sep 25, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I had thought of stopping off a Xian; and then Xining (buying tickets separately for these 2 legs of the trip up to Lhasa). But I hear that Xining may just be a smaller version of what is already up in Tibet... or is Xining worth a visit?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2007 at 7:48 PM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Moving on Huatugou -- Charklik (Ruoqiang)

Qinghai Sheng Jun 24, 2007 at 11:30 PM

What are the chances of finding a way to move on from Huatugou to Charklik (Ruoqiang) within 1 day? Whether it be 4WD, truck, taxi... whatever kind of vehicle, we don't care.

Has anyone got any contacts for this route? Phone numbers, emails, whatever.

We'll be travelling in early July, and I speak Chinese at a native level.

• guess in Qinghai ?

Kanglung Dec 18, 2005 at 11:25 PM

Hi VT friends
      If any fellow VT member has experience it shall be valuable in giving me guidance. I watched long, big and shining yellowish green area down Zhangmanzhai,Shunhua and Dunle villages(38.06 -38.16 N & 101.01-101.14 E Elev 9153 ft)). It is at the border of Gansu Sheng & Qinghai Sheng provinces. This seems like rice or Rape plantations, but could it be so large?. Could you please give me some information on this ; what is this place, how big is it, its name.

• eagles_creek's Profile Photo

Train from Xining to Chengdu

Xining Apr 25, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Hi there, I hope somebody actually reads this... Any idea on the train fare from Xining to Chengdu? I think it takes about 17 hrs. Wrong? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Best regards, Sebastian.

• eagles_creek's Profile Photo

Train from Golmud to Xining

Qinghai Sheng Apr 21, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Hi there, Anybody has any info on the train ride from Golmud to Xining? Thinking of getting a bus from Lhasa to Golmud,then train from Golmud to Xining. Any info in price of train-ticket,departure times and time of journey will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Qinghai (China) travel?

Qinghai Sheng Aug 28, 2003 at 4:49 AM

Anybody out there living, staying or planning to stay in Qinghai. Oystein from Oslo is hoping to hear from you. Kind regards, Oystein