VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Puerto Viejo Travel Answers

change location

tours from Puerto Viejo

by chadley2 Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 7:35 AM

My husband I will be visiting Puerto Viejo this winter for 2 weeks. We want to do a tour to Bocas tel toro, preferably an over night tour at a hotel there, then return the next day.
Does anyone have any advice, any web links I can view, what are my best options for planning this. Any information would be helpful.
This will be our 2nd visit to Puerto Viejo. We visited 3 years ago and LOVED the area, we just did some local tours back then...sloth sanctuary, chocolate bri bri tour ect, can't wait to return again.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: tours from Puerto Viejo

by dustmon Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I am very interested in this as well---hope you dont mind me tagging along for the answers!

dustmon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Traveller28's Profile Photo

by Traveller28 Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM

A very good website with general information about Puerto Viejo is this one http://www.puertoviejosatellite.com, you might find some options to do the tour to Bocas, however in my personal opinion I think a one night tour is not worth it for Bocas, if you really want to enjoy and explore you´ll need at least 2 nights there. The place is beautiful but you need extra time. If I were you, I would either take a two nights trip to Bocas or a different tour in Puerto Viejo area.
    Hope this helps.

• LisaValencia's Profile Photo

by LisaValencia Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hola! I've lived in Puerto Viejo for four years. I offer and guide service. Check out my website and see if I can help you: travelexperiencecostarica.co...

• lojoblais's Profile Photo

by lojoblais Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM

What's in Bocas? I'll be staying in PV also

• Re: tours from Puerto Viejo

by VeronicaGordon Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM

HI,
    welcome at Veronica´s Place, you can find that you want