VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Puerto Rico Travel Answers

change location
ErinA24's Profile Photo

family road trip

by ErinA24 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM

hi- we are a family of 5- parents, 9 year old and 5 year old boys and an almost 2 year old girl- and we are going to be in Puerto Rico for 16 days. Our plan right now is to fly in, rent a car and with a few ideas in mind, just wing it and find places to stay as we go. We have never been to Puerto Rico before and I am wondering if during this busy season we will have problems finding places to stay. i would also love any thoughts on what we should not miss. Thank you so much!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: family road trip

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I wanted to recommend spending time in Old San Juan. It's a great place - lots to see - churches, forts, parks, etc. I would suggest either doing OSJ at the beginning or end of your trip because you will not need (or want) a car in the city. It's been a very long time since I've been outside of OSJ but one place I would recommend is El Yunque Rain Forest. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Puerto Rico Travel Answer Locations