VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Puerto Montt Travel Answers

change location

Private Tour for our group

by titaade Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 7:52 AM

Hello,
Can anyone please tell me if it is easy to book a minivan for a private day tour of P.Montt/P. Varas once we get to the port or should we book in advance? And if we must book ahead of time, any recommendations for tour guide/agencies? Our cruise ship will be there on Dec.20,2007 and will be tendered from 8:00AM-5:00PM. Any tips for a day itineraries of "must see"? Thank you very much.
Lena

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

Re: Private Tour for our group

by hmoitta Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 6:13 AM

yes, it's easy, we've made this way in a cruise some years ago; as we've already known the area we didn't book the ship excursion and joined one at the port; my suggestion is to go to Petrohue, to see Osorno Volcan and Petrohue falls; they make a short stop in Puerto Varas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

by gfinesilver Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 6:32 PM

This guy Luis Figueroa is one i always use. he has a 15 passenger minivan and good prices and is located in puerto varas.
    lfiguerm@yahoo.com

• rjeannette's Profile Photo

by rjeannette Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 4:24 AM

Petrohue is very nice, this is a photo: eyecyou.net/patagonline/inde...
    Puerto Vara, it is a small, clean city, of many flowers and colors, surrounded for the lake Llanquihue This near Puerto Montt, to about 20 minutes ,Volcan Osorno and Petrohue are more far , about 45 minutes . Try with www.enaturchile.com , they specialize in private trips

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines