Puerto Limón

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where to stay

San José 11 hours ago

question 1: We arrive on Thursday at 1:22 am. Do I book a hotel for Thursday or Wednesday? Not sure.

question 2: We want to stay in Manuel Antonio National Park. I am a woman travelling with two children. Any suggestions? I don't want to pay much over $100, less would be great. Saturday - Thursday.

question 3: How do we get from San Jose to Manuel Antonio? Bus I am assuming and do I have to book that in advance? 2.5 hours journey correct? How much will I pay?

Thanks for all the helpful tips!

• Gotdmnstar's Profile Photo

Blue River Resort - Transportation

Liberia Oct 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I am trying to find a cheaper alternative for getting to and from the airport. The resort charges $120 each way (for up to 4 ppl). Any help would be appreciated. I'm traveling with one person; is anyone going on 10/10/16 that could share a shuttle with us?

• T Shirt Shop in Montezuma Costa Rica

Montezuma Sep 28, 2016 at 8:01 AM

We bought a great T shirt at a nice surf style shop in Montezuma Costa Rica. It was located by an ice cream/yogurt store on the same side of the road. We cannot find the name of it anywhere. we would like to buy more shirts if possible.

• Mnavarro's Profile Photo

What to do In Alajuela Area

San José Oct 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Our 15-day tour of Cost Rica will start on January 19, 2017 in San Jose (3 nights) and will take us through the country for the next 12 days and end in San Jose in the morning of February 2, 2017. Then we move to the Marriott Hotel in Alajuela (to be closer to the airport) for our post tour stay. I am trying to decide whether to spend 2 (Thursday - Saturday ) or 3 more nights (Thursday - Sunday) in the Alajuela area. What are there to do in Alajuela for 3 days considering that we would have already visited most of the tourist attractions in San Jose? Is there swimming in the area?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

• where to stay

San José 13 hours ago

What area would you recommend I look for a hotel in San Jose? I will be arriving late at night (1;30am) with my two daughters (age 8 & 9). I would like to be central and walking distance from most sights and markets. Is there such a central area?

• Monteverde vs Braulio Carrillo

Costa Rica Oct 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I am a solo female traveller going to costa Rica at he end of October for two and a half weeks. I'll try to spend about 1 week along the caribbean coast from Tortuguero to Manzanillo, maybe crossing to Bocas de Toro (Panama) and stay there for 3-4 days (to get the PADI), Manuel Antonio on the Pacific side for a couple of days and if I have time enough in case I skip Panama, I might go to Corcovado. So... I'd like to do a rainforest or cloud forest on my way to Tortuguero starting from Alajuela or on my way back at the end of my trip. Not sure if I should head to Monteverde or Braulio Carrillo instead. I would love any advise from anyone who has been to both! Thanks.

• easyout4u's Profile Photo

Railroads ?

Costa Rica Sep 28, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Do they have any train travel in costa rica ?

• What to do for 4 hours 1-5pm on a sunday in Puerta Limon

by SteveinPhilly Online Now Jan 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I am on a cruise stopping in Puerta Limon in two weeks. I have a tour (bus, train and boat) which ends at noon. I'd like to fill the day from 1-4 pm. And shop for coffee at a super market too and maybe try Costa Rican Fast Food. But we are there on a Sunday. Any idea are welcome.

1 Answer Jan 7, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    • Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Anyone in the area?

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Just passing along some information from a Red Coss website. There has been a higher than usual rain fall during this rainy season. Last week there was some flooding in the area. Use caution for travel to the area. I don't know how much rainfall is usual or if bridges are down often in the months from May to November, but there are some down now.

12 Answers Nov 24, 2004 at 2:12 PM
    • Aerial Tram & Transportation

by Pedzi Online Now Jan 18, 2004 at 8:52 AM

We will be in Costa Rica for one day only via a cruise ship. We are interested in taking the Aerial Tram tour but don't want to pay ship prices. Does anyone have a suggestion? Are there tour vans available at port of Puerto Limon to take this tour? How much do they cost in taking a tour this way (if available)? Is this the best tour to take for a one day only excursion in Puerto Limon? Also, where and what is the best shopping for this area?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2005 at 11:37 AM
    • Shore Excursions From Puerto Limon

by Joanandjoe Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 12:38 PM

I will be visiting Puerto Limon from a cruise ship in November. None of the ship's excursions sounds good, and the town apparently isn't a good bet for people who don't speak Spanish. Some people have suggested that we go to a "red tent" near the dock and hire a driver. Does anyone have suggestions about what to do in or from Puerto Limon?

9 Answers Jun 13, 2004 at 7:13 PM
    • december-january?

by lillis Online Now Jun 21, 2003 at 5:09 AM

We are going to C:R. in dec-jan. for the first time. We were thinkng of the 1:st week in Puerto Viejo and the rest of the time on the pacific sida (Manuel Antonio is one place so far). But- now comes my queston: Is it really raining a lot in dec. in P.V. area so it is not worth going there, because my family looooves to snorkel, and when it rains a lot is is hard to see the beautiful underwater world. Please- help me, I would appreciate that so much! Lilian from Sweden

5 Answers Nov 15, 2003 at 10:19 AM