VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Provins

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• theyogamama's Profile Photo

Car Rental

Paris Jan 25, 2017 at 3:02 PM

I want to visit Auver Sur Oise when I am in Paris next time (April) and was thinking I might rent a car to drive there and back. I think there is only one train in and one train out per day (direct on weekends). What location would be the best to rent the car so that I can avoid driving through the streets of Paris? I don't mind taking the metro to get to the car rental place, I just want to find a location on the outskirts of Paris in the direction of Auver Sur Oise. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Day trips from Provins

by travelmom99 Online Now May 31, 2016 at 1:30 PM

I will be traveling with my 9 yr old to Provins and staying with friends. Looking for suggestions for fun day trips from Provins, not including Paris.

4 Answers Jun 1, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    • DIY Day Trip

by ayukee Online Now May 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM

I'm planning to make a day trip from Paris to Provins with my husband and little boy (below 2 years) via train in June.

From other visitors' reviews, I understand that we should make the Tourist Office our first stop upon arriving at the Provins train station.

I'd like to know if the Tourist Office is a comfortable walking distance from the train station. It would be good if you could give me an approximate walking distance or walking time based on your experience. If it's too far a walk, are taxis easily available?

Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Jun 14, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    • visiting in June

by sammie1 Online Now May 16, 2010 at 11:13 AM

hi we are a group of 7 visiting provins in june during the 2 day festival. do we need a car in provins as we are planning to come by train from paris?

2 Answers May 17, 2010 at 4:59 AM
    • JANICE3242's Profile Photo

TRAVELLING TO PROVINS & FINDING OUR WAY

by JANICE3242 Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 7:23 PM

We will be in Paris in late August and I'm interested in travelling to Provins for a day trip. I believe I can get there by rail. Does anyone know if that is true?

We speak no French. Once we arrive in Provins, would we be able to figure out how to get to the tourist information center? I can't find any helpful information in any of the guidebooks. We found it easy to navigate in Paris last year but we used maps.

I would appreciate any information anyone can offer about travelling to Provins. My travelling party is two adults and a 13 year old boy. The idea of a medieval town sounds delightful.

7 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 5:07 AM