Be the First to Answer

Popular Province of the Western Cape Travel Answer Locations

• how safe is cape town

Cape Town Oct 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM

how safe is cape town

6 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 6:14 AM
    • Weather in July

Cape Town Oct 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM

I'll be going to Cape Town next year in July and how's the weather be like?

2 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM
    • garos's Profile Photo

Electricity voltage in South Africa

Cape Town Sep 4, 2016 at 11:22 PM

I plan to be in Johannesburg and cape town during September.
      What is the Electricity voltage in South Africa please.
      It is 110 volt or 220 volt . Accordingly I have to carry the adapter.

How about the climate in September. Do I need to bring Summer cloths.
      Any special activity / program in South Africa during the 3rd week of September.

Pl inform

6 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 2:06 AM
    • studying abroad

Cape Town Aug 30, 2016 at 7:24 AM

is studying in western cape a safe option? I've heard alot of bad news and the negative portrayal of s.Africa is a set-back. I wish to study there for a three year period and hope to stay in the university hostels. hope it'll stay safe throughout. Any advice?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    • Traveling solo in cape town and looking for company

Cape Town Aug 29, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Hey guys I am in cape town on the 3rd and 4th of September and 10 and 11th of September. I want to see all the great sights of cape town. However I am travelling alone and would like to have some company. So if anyone wants to join.
      best wishes

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM
    • 2 days iteriary for Cape Town

Cape Town Jun 15, 2016 at 12:34 PM

1.I am solo passenger on a short visit to Cape town , Can any one give me an Iterinary 2 days.
      2. Whish is the ideal location to stay & to see places with out wasting time on long travel.
      3. Which are the must se places in Cape town.
      4. I reach Cape town Airport at 23.00 hors in the midnight . Is there any transport facility to go to hotel.

8 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM
    • Paulm1987's Profile Photo

Off the beaten paths

Cape Town May 12, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Any off the beaten paths you may recommend to me in and around or surrounding areas would be certainly welcomed. I am getting bored of the usual...

Thank you

4 Answers May 14, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    • Drive round trip Capetown - Port Elizabeth - Capetown

Cape Town Apr 26, 2016 at 10:02 AM

would appreciate route suggestions for my trip to avoid duplication - can be up to 10 days duration

plan to stay in CPT for 4 nights prior to departure

Many thanks

2 Answers Apr 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM
    • Using credit cards and travelers checks

Cape Town Apr 13, 2016 at 6:36 AM

I have been told that using travelers checks and credit cards is not done in Cape Town, everything is done in cash. I will be there for about 9 days and do not want to carry that much cash with me. What is the story about US travelers checks and credit cards?

10 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 3:16 PM
    • Pediment figures

Cape Town Feb 15, 2016 at 4:38 AM

Who are the figures on the inner pediment castle gate?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    • Pediment figures

Cape Town Feb 15, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Who are the figures on the inner pediment castle gate?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2016 at 8:15 AM
    • JodieT6's Profile Photo

Cape Town Top 10 List & Any Other Suggestions -First Trip to SA

Cape Town Feb 3, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Headed to Cape Town next month with my husband, staying near the waterfront for 5 days & then off to Zula Nyla : Ngweni Road, Hluhluwe, for Safari for 6 days. First visit to SA, does anyone have any top 10 things to do in either location? We are not very adventurous, we are both fairly active (so hiking is an option if it is safe), we both love animals and good food.

8 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM
    • Shark cage diving

Cape Town Dec 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM

My son wants to buy this trip for us as a Christmas present when we visit South Africa and Cape Town in February. I am very apprehensive, my husband is not a good sailor, he suffers with seasickness and neither of us are really "risk takers". Our son has done this trip and he thinks the experience was fantastic and one we should not miss. Any advice would be most appreciated! Thank you

4 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 4:47 AM
    • Area with pubs and restaurants

Cape Town May 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM

We are a couple in our 50s and 60s moving long term to Cape Town from Australia. We want to rent an apartment within walking distance to pubs and restaurants and a supermarket. Probably looking at a 2 bedroom for around R22k a month......
      Someone mentioned Big Bay as an option but that seems to be rather remote or isn't it? The city bowl was recommended but isn't that too noisy for us older folk?
      Are there any such areas in Cape Town?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

5 Answers May 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • Restaurants with a view

Cape Town Mar 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I feel a bit silly asking this. I come from Cape Town but moved away about a decade ago. I am going back in a few months and want to take my girlfriend for a nice simple lunch or even a picnic somewhere with a view. I know all the usual spots, but I'm looking for something a little more different. I'm not looking for anywhere flashy, rather something relaxed but nice. Any ideas?

8 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

Marathon closures, Kirstenbosch + Table Mountain

Cape Town Mar 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, my husband and I - active seniors - are arriving at 8 in the morning at Cape Town International airport. We will then pick up our rental car. We are planning on doing the following that day, before driving to our booked accommodation in Blaubergstrand: drive from the airport to Kirstenbosch, spend about 3 hours there, maybe grab a bit of lunch, and then drive to the Table Mountain cable-car to go up with an afternoon ticket.

My questions are this:

1) Does that sound like a good itinerary for the first day? Since we're coming from Europe we won't be jet lagged. We'll be in Cape Town for three more full days, when we'll be going on a wine tour, to Robben Island (have already booked for the next day, Sunday), Bo-kaap, and a full day to the Cape of Good Hope, but I thought getting an overview of the city from Table Mountain would be a good idea. Or should we do Table Mountain in the morning and Kirstenbosch in the afternoon?

2) I understand there will be a marathon in town on Saturday 4th, so will there be any roads on the way to either Kirstenbosch or Table Mountain from the airport that will be close?

Thanks so much for some feedback!

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • roni690's Profile Photo

looking for deiver

Cape Town Mar 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HI i will be with my family in Capetown for 5 days i'm looking for a driver for all day on April 8 to take us to the wine area
      and than bring us back after diner about 10 pm. any sogestion's. thanks Ron

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • visa for malaysian passport holder

Cape Town Feb 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Hello,I would like to find out if anyone can help in relation to a visa issue. Me and my missus plan to travel to capetown next month for a break. Ive taken some time off work and we would like to spend 3 months in south Africa. I hold a british passport so i will be given 3 moths vistor visa on arrival. However my wife has a malaysian passport and only gets a month visa on arrival. Is it possible as she is traveling with me that she would also get 3 months on arrival instead of one month...........

thanks all for any advice.

2 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip end of January

Cape Town Jan 14, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Hello VTers. My sister is planning for a trip alone to cape town and i have few questions:
      1- Is it safe for a female traveller to go alone to Cape town?
      2- What are the best destinations that she should see (5 days trip) other than museums and shopping places
      3- Is there any chance to see whales end of January?
      4- Is there any recommended safari area near Cape Town
      Thank you

6 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 6:04 AM
    • colares's Profile Photo

Taxi rates

Cape Town Jan 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM

what are the approximate costs for a taxi from the airport to Waterfront area? - Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM
    • Cape Town Holidays

Cape Town Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM

I am planning to travel with family to cape town, Where is a good place to stay away from the nightlife. Suggest the best one .

3 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    • Is is safe to go to CT with 3Y old children?

Cape Town Dec 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I am thinking of going to CT with my 3Y old child - do you think this is safe place to visit for family? I've read so many bad reviews that I am a bit worries now... and what about interchange flight in Johannesburg? is this OK? HELP I am loosing my mind...

4 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • Safety on trains Observatory/ Newlands

Cape Town Dec 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hi everyone
      My girlfriend is gonna go to Cape Town for two months to improve her Enlish. Since she read about the safety
      situation (not walking the streets after nightfall, if possible stay away from trains, robbery, violation(!) and many more) in Cape Town she became a little worried and to be honest me too.
      Is there any local or someone who knows these places who could give us some insight on the actual safety situation in the areas Observatory and Newlands and what is the safest way to commute between those areas without using the train (since its not advisable to use it)?
      Thanks in advance

• Rent a car - where? Can´t seem to find any available car :(

Cape Town Dec 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM

We´re staying down in Bantry Bay and i would love to take the family to Simons town and Cape Point, BUT there is not a single rental car available anywhere (according to the major booking sites) Anyone know where to get a car? On the 29th or the 30th. // The swedish tourists

3 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • stuck without a passport

Cape Town Dec 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM

My friend is in Capetown and friday night was chased and his guide shot which made him go off the road and he hit a teenage girl. The guide and girl are in hospital he has head trauma but was released, his wallet and credits cards and cash taken- and his passport taken by police and hospital until he pays for girls hospital access to bank as ID and contact numbers also gone- anything anyone can do?

18 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Does anyone know of safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

• Transport from McGregor to Cape Town

Cape Town Dec 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Is there any safe and reliable transport for an elderly lady from McGregor to Cape Town?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Banfilid's Profile Photo

Accommodation and storytelling in Cape Town, June-July 2015

Cape Town Nov 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hello, Does anyone know where I could go to hear storytelling in Cape Town. Also, looking for cheap (but safe) accommodation near Hiddingh Campus at the University of Cape Town. I plan to travel at the end of June until early July.

5 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM