change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Nov 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM
    • 2 week itinerary for Gaspesie tour

Gaspé Sep 27, 2016 at 8:30 AM

Hello,

We are planning a visit to the Gaspesie region next summer - end of Aug/beginning of Sept. If we go in the beginning of September, will everything still be open? We will have our 2 year old son with us so we want to break up the driving into smaller chunks. We would also prefer to spend a few days in one place in Gaspe instead of moving from motel to motel. Can you please comment on this itinerary? Thanks!

Day 1: Leave from Quebec City. Visit Kamouraska. Stopover for the night in Matane.

Day 2: Visit Sainte-Anne-de-Monts. Arrive in Gaspé.

Day 3: Stay in Gaspé. Hiking in Forillon National Park.

Day 4: Stay in Gaspé. Visit Percé and Bonaventure Island. (Is one day enough time to visit the town of Percé and go out to Bonaventure Island or should I visit Percé one day and go out to Bonaventure Island on a second day?)

Day 5: Stay in Gaspé. Whale watching (Where near Gaspé is good for whale watching?)

Day 6: Stay in Gaspé. Beach (Which beaches are recommended?)

Day 7: Stopover in Chaleur Bay (What is a good town to stay in Chaleur Bay that is about halfway to Rimouski with lodging, restaurants, and beaches? Carleton-sur-Mer or Bonventure?)

Day 8: Stopover in Rimouski. Visit Bic National Park (Do I need a second day at Bic National Park?)

Day 9: Arrive in Quebec City

Day 10: Quebec City

Day 11: Return home.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2016 at 12:43 AM
    • silab's Profile Photo

Quebec city

Quebec Sep 25, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the champlain and needed to try something new .

What places for breakfast near the best western?

What to see in quebec winter times?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    • YvonneD8's Profile Photo

Transfer in Montreal

Montreal Aug 18, 2016 at 6:43 AM

I am flying into Montreal on an internal flight then getting a megabus for the continuation of my journey. Does anyone out there know how long it is likely to take me to travel from the airport to the bus station?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    • silab's Profile Photo

Venise en quebec

Quebec Aug 1, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Hi.
      I think i'll take the croisiere boat tour.
      Coming from Montreal.
      The tour is about 90 min. Need to know what can i do , see on my way to venise in quebec. And things to do close by.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM
    • silab's Profile Photo

One day in Magog

Magog Jul 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM

What ca we do in one day Magog?

• Road signs

Quebec Jul 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

We will be traveling by car in rural areas near Quebec city. Are the road signs only in French or in English/French?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    • Which island to visit - Mingan

Havre-Saint-Pierre Jul 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We'll be spending a day in mid-October in Havre Saint Pierre via cruise ship. The cruise ship offers a number of excursions offered to see some of the nearby islands. I would most like to see and photograph the monoliths, I think, but other things interest me as well. The choices I have will be a trip to Ile Niapiskau to hike a trail with oddly-shaped monoliths plus flora and fauna, a trip to Petite Ile Au Marteau (with lighthouse and flora and fauna), a trip to Ile Quarry (by zodiac, I believe), and passing Ile du Fantome before landing and exploring the Quarry monoliths, and a land trip to the Cetacean Research Center (& Innu Culture) plus photo stop at Point-Paradis. They all sound good. The difference in cost and time isn't terribly different from one to another, and physically I'm able to do any of them, so I can't decide which one to take. What I love best is photography - so I'm leaning towards seeing monoliths. However, I'm also a big lighthouse lover (have seen over 400 of them) so the chance to see a lighthouse is tempting me as well. I'm not crazy about museums, although the Cetacean Research Center sounds pretty interesting.

If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them!

• Siege78's Profile Photo

Montmorency Falls

Quebec Jul 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM

When staying in Quebec City what is the best way to get to the falls? Do public busses go there or is it best to book a tour?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 10:06 PM
    • Motorized wheelchairs or scooters

Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Jun 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Are motorized wheelchairs or scooters available for rent at St Anne de Beaupre Basilica?

• smisra53's Profile Photo

Parking near UQAM/Quartier des Spectacles and U-turn?

Montreal May 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM

We are driving up to Montreal from Boston and will be staying near St-Denis and Rene Levesque intersection. Plan to park the car for the couple of days and walk/metro it. Any opinions on the parking under the Great Library? Can cars be left untouched for two days without having to feed the meter and such? Any alternative parking ideas?

Also, are U-turns allowed in Montreal and under what conditions? Thanks in advance!

1 Answer May 15, 2016 at 1:55 AM
    • eggplantbrain's Profile Photo

Central digs, or otherwise ?

Montreal May 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Hello ! Two of us will be in Montreal later on this year. It has been many years since I was last there, and my partner has NEVER been there. I am having great difficulty with 'deciding' WHERE we should pitch a tent: Downtown (Central) or vieux Montreal or Quartier Latin or The Plateau. I understand that with Metro (we will not be driving) we will be able to access all areas in reasonable time. We are budget travelers; but prefer something 'above' a bed in a dorm (inexpensive hotels / B&B's are fine) I am well aware that there are many options in the St. Laurent / East of 'The Main' neighbourhoods- but I read conflicting reviews on various travel sites. Is it worth it to opt for Central accomodation- and then rely on Metro for access to neighbourhoods where there are fantastic options in respect to dining, clubs, shopping, arts & culture, etc...? Whatever help / tips / advice any of You are able to provide will be much appreciated. Thank You.

2 Answers May 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM
    • How to find ride-share to Montmorency Falls Park from Quebec City?

Quebec Apr 9, 2016 at 3:09 PM

I am wondering if I can find a ride to the Park from somewhere in Quebec city?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2016 at 4:30 AM
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Which transport should we take

Montreal Apr 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM

We are two senior planning to visit Toronto and Montreal this June. In case we arrive first in Toronto, what means of public transport should we go to Montreal then?

9 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Nice town to stay overnight on west side and east side of Gaspé Peninsula

Gaspé Apr 6, 2016 at 12:16 PM

My family is planning a road trip in July. We will be starting off with a couple of days in Quebec City, then on to the Gaspé Peninsula; and eventually we'll make our way to PEI to visit friends and then onto les Îles de la Madeleine. The only things we've decided on regarding our time on the Gaspé Peninsula is that we want to spend a couple of nights in the Forillon National Park. But obviously there are other places to see along the way and we're not totally sure where to stop, particularly where we should stay for the night?

So I'm trying to figure out a few things and I'm hoping you can help!

1) We'll be leaving Quebec City in the morning and will start our way up the west side of the peninsula. What town/village would be a nice place to stop for the night between Quebec City and Forillon National Park? Is planning to stay somewhere just one night ridiculous, or should we take more time to make our way up to Forillon? Any recommendations for a nice place (or two) to have dinner and spend the night? We'll have a 4 1/2 year old with us if that makes any difference.

2) Following our two-night stay in Forillon Park, we'll be heading in the general direction of Prince Edward Island. Any suggestions for where to stay on the east side of the peninsula?

Thanks so much,
      Cailey

7 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 9:47 PM
    • A few recommended towns and B&Bs in Eastern Townships, Please

Montreal Feb 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Wow!! Thanks for the info. I have spent many hours looking at all the wonderful places in the Eastern Townships to visit, but would like some advice on specifics. Two youngish senior couples that like food trying to decide between Magog, Brome, Sutton, and other towns for 2-3 days in July. One commenter said Magog is quite crowded in the summer. We are from NY and Cape Cod so that may not be an issue. So, any one town to be our base???.. Looking for a nice B&B, say between $100-150 (US) per nite with a good breakfast, that is near good restaurants and interesting sites. We have a car so that makes getting around OK.

Thanks!!

• Where to go for side trip?

Montreal Jan 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Two young senior couples looking for a two day side trip from Montreal this summer. Like food, interesting place to visit, food, interesting, not touristy shopping, and food. Could stay in B&B, if recommended. Looking at Magog, Montebello, Tremblant, Brome-Missiquoi and Laurentides-St. Saveur.

Thoughts, please?

5 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

if you only have 1 day each for quebec and montreal

Quebec Jan 19, 2016 at 11:32 AM

change of plans...instead of going to montreal first we're now going straight to quebec from philadelphia...

we're going there this May...
      our plan is to allot 1 day travel time from philadelphia to quebec (and another day back) since we have a baby in tow and would involve a lot of stops... without stops, google maps says its 10 hours travel time

can anyone please suggest the must-visit places for both montreal and quebec? so far i have the following:

day 1: travel time from philadelphia to quebec (leave early morning)
      day 2: tour quebec (old city - chatteau frontenac, any more?)
      day 3: travel to montreal / tour montreal ( what to visit? )
      day 4: travel time back to philadelphia

a good place to eat too and place to stay would be nice too..... nothing fancy because we'll be travelling with an infant...
      again, we'll be visiting in May.

thanks in advance!

13 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

baby-friendly daytrip itinerary in Quebec

Quebec Jan 17, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Hi. We'll be going to Montreal and will go to Quebec for a side trip. Can you suggest a day trip itinerary in Quebec that's baby-friendly (will have a less than a year old baby with us). Will be visiting some time in May.

A good hotel and places to eat that's baby-friendly will be very much appreciated too.

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 3:59 PM
    • The perfect proposal

Montreal Jan 12, 2016 at 11:09 AM

I'm planning of proposing to my girlfriend within the next month to two months and I need some help with some really nice places to propose at. I've heard of Mount royal and it looks like a really good spot. Are there any good hotels and restaurants around there? Also do they do horse drawn carriage rides up to the top? If anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM
    • yachtjudge's Profile Photo

Touring from Quebec City

Quebec Jan 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM

My wife and I are visiting Quebec from 1 - 12 July in connection with the Transat Quebec Saint Malo race, but will be free from 3 - 6 july. So I'm thinking of touring by car - to relax, enjoy local scenic attractions and maybe pick up a bit more of the History or the Saint Lawrence.

Ideas on where to go - and places for overnight stays would be appreciated,

David Brunskill

6 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM
    • Taxi cab services in Mont tremblant

Montréal-Ouest Dec 29, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Is there any taxi cab service operating from the resort village that can be used to get around to local restaurants etc.

3 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 2:54 PM
    • FlyHoneybee's Profile Photo

Accomodation during the winter carneval

Quebec Dec 27, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Hello dear members, I am planning to visit Quebec during the Winter carneval (Jan/feb 2016), can someone advise me where is the best location to stay , do i have to make a reservation now??and the best days to visit during the 2- week festival ?? what is must-do ?? what do i expect ?? Thanks in advance

11 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 3:32 AM
    • mayt's Profile Photo

Montmorency Falls

Quebec Dec 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Is it ok to go to Montmorency falls this Christmas?

5 Answers Dec 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    • mayt's Profile Photo

Chirstmas day in Quebec City

Quebec Nov 23, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We are from Toronto and will be travelling to Quebec City on the holidays. What can we do on Christmas day aside from spending it in a hotel?

1 Answer Nov 23, 2015 at 2:13 PM
    • Moving permanently to Montreal

Montreal Nov 20, 2015 at 2:53 AM

Hi, I will move permanently to Montreal, i have a family with 2 little daughters but i don't know where to stay in Montreal, appreciated if you can tell me where are the best neighborhoods for families in Montreal (safe, friendly & not expensive)

7 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM
    • Montreal Reviews

Montreal Oct 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hey, I'm 17 years old and there is a trip being organized to go to montreal this march break. I have heard there is not much to do there and the trip costs about $600. Do you think it is worth that much and what things can we do in montreal in terms of sightseeing?

5 Answers Oct 29, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    • Grocery Stores

Beaupré Sep 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Can you tell me if there are any grocery stores in Beaupré

4 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 3:50 AM
    • miccline's Profile Photo

Budget Minded Travel Options between Quebec City and Montreal

Quebec Sep 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum :-) We are planning a trip to Quebec City and thought we would travel to Montreal for the last 2 days of our trip. I was reading on this site about allo stop and kanga ride. I see the websites are still up but google has them as permanently closed. Are they and if so, is there a budget minded travel option between the two cities? Thanks everyone in advance. Mic

4 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • Good day trips?

Montreal Sep 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM

What are some good day trips that can be done from Montreal without a car? Looking for something without needing to rent...

1 Answer Sep 16, 2015 at 2:29 AM