Province of Ontario

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Weather April/May

Quebec Jan 6, 2017 at 12:21 PM

To those of you who have helped and advised with the NZ trip I'm grateful but we simply can't afford it - so we're heading back to Canada

Our rough proposed plan is to fly into Boston drive up through Lake Placid and on to Montreal/Ottawa/Quebec City -not sure if it's worth visiting Halifax so might well come back a more direct route. Thinking of visiting April/May but what about snowfall? All suggestions much appreciated - not into outdoor activities but very much folk music and historic sites - we've done Niagra

Also on my want to do list is to see the Canadian Mounted Police show - I'm visiting their website daily but from past experience is there liable to be a show in Ottawa at this time of year

more
    • Icefields Parkway in winter

Canada Dec 29, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Is there any public transport between Banff/Lake Louise and Jasper in the winter months?

more
    • 1st week in Feb

Vancouver Island 8 hours ago

We have the chance to visit from London during 1st week in Feb. Probably not the best time to visit but its all we have. Will there be enough for us to do/see? Will we be able to drive around (Whistler?) or will the weather make that impossible? Grateful for your thoughts.

more
    • Visa Question

Canada Jan 2, 2017 at 11:02 AM

I will be flying from Vancouver to Vietnam, but my flight has two stop in China, 1 in Shanghai airport and connect flight to Kunming airport before fly out to Vietnam. My lay over time in China between the two airport are 9 hours total. Do I need a transit visa in China? and after I arrive in Shanghai airport, where do I go.. to my connecting flight or to the immigration custom? Thanks

more
    • One week time in British Columbia. Suggestions ?

Canada Dec 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Hello,
      We are looking to spend one weeks time in British Columbia area, which is next week. Considering weather and roads, we believe Victoria, Tofino or may be Vancouver should be ok. We are coming from Portland.
      We are not into shopping, snow sports or food, but more keen to see natural sceneries. Though Tofino and Victoria have been discussed a lot on forums, I am not able to find, when question comes, what should see in Victoria in 3 days and what should I see in Tofino in 3 days.
      Can somebody help us with this ?
      Thanks

more
    • Your personal face picture

Canada Jan 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM

It might be a good idea to delete your personal picture, eg, face from your profile and any personal information as who knows what will be done with the information once VT is no longer active. Think of doing this from a security aspect.

more
    • To go to Algonquin

Algonquin Provincial Park Nov 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM

We are a team of 6 people who love hiking and forest trekking. Next week we are planning to go to Algonquin park. We read some information about this place from here . We need to know whether any special permissions needed to travel deep into the jungle. Can somebody suggest me some good places to camp there for 5 or 6 days?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    • Cheap long term car rental

Toronto Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

8 Answers Dec 20, 2016 at 4:59 AM
    • Is walking safe?

Toronto Sep 24, 2016 at 5:52 AM

In town on business with evenings off. Scored a couple tickets to the ball games this week. Is it safe to walk back to my hotel...the Sheraton...after the game?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM
    • Niagara Falls and Winery?

Toronto Sep 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Hi,

I´m going to Toronto five nights in the beginning of October. (after World Cup)

A trip to Niagara Falls is a must, but is it worth taking a night there? Is there anything else to do, except watching the waterfalls?
      Any hiking trails? Nature? Or du you recomment a day trip?

I´m also interesting in visiting a winery, so maybe I can combine these two? Any suggestions?
      I will not have access to a car and I´m travelling alone.

The hotel prices was also very high in Toronto so with a night outside the city my average hotel price will decrease :-)

I have a reservation at Le Germain Hotel Maple Leaf Square and one at Grand Hotel & Suites. Haven´t decided yet. Any thoughts about these two?

Br

8 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM
    • Hotel in Toronto with Lots of Mirrors in Room

Toronto Sep 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Hi All,

I once went away for business and my hotel randomly had many floor to ceiling mirrors surrounding the bed and a ceiling mirror above the bed. I told my girlfriend about this and she loved the idea. We'd like to find something like this in Toronto (or GTA) for a romantic getaway. I've had no luck on Google trying to find this at various hotels in the city. Anyone know of a hotel in the area that has this to offer? Preferably for under $200 a night.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    • Where to stay in Toronto?

Toronto Sep 5, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Hi,

I´m going to Toronto in October? Where in Toronto do you recommend me to stay, which part of the city?

//Johan

5 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    • Toronto in October?

Toronto Aug 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I´m going out travelling for 1,5 week on October.
      But I can´t decide where to go... Today I was thinking of Toronto but I´m a little bit concerned about the weather. So my question is, how is it in the beginning of October?
      I wan´t a nice climat, not to cold, windy and rainy.

7 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    • Ally_lulu's Profile Photo

SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS

Toronto Aug 29, 2016 at 2:58 AM

is anyone can help me how to reach the cliff in SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS? I've seen so many pics in IG and its really beautiful but some caption I'm seeing they got fined! is it allowed to take photos there or not? I'm visiting Toronto for 7 days and I want to include that in my itinerary. im statying in near to union station and traveling by public transport not by car.

thanks!

4 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    • henry14's Profile Photo

Raptors game alone?

Toronto Aug 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM

ok, strange question I suppose but here goes.... would a woman alone at a Raptors game look out of place/attract attention? I will have a spare evening when the Raptors are at home and my hotel is 5 mins walk from the ACC so seems mad to watch it on tv when I could be in there but don't want to feel uncomfortable if it isn't the norm. Hopefully I'm overthinking this and no-one would bat an eyelid.

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    • Alicewonder's Profile Photo

Apartment rental for a month in Toronto

Toronto Aug 19, 2016 at 2:27 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for accepting me. I need some help.

I live in Toronto. I moved here for studies last year. I have my two cousins coming to Toronto. I want to arrange them a good stay. They will be here for 5 weeks and they asked me to check for a furnished apartment for rent. Apparently, I don't know much about the stays in Toronto. I have seen furnished apartment rentals of Mac SuitesFurnished ResidencesDowntown and North York. I'm staying near York University so, we'd prefer a place near there. I know Downtown area is expensive, so, that's not a viable option. Has anyone stayed at their rentals? I'd appreciate other suggestions too. 

Thanks. 

3 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 8:53 PM
    • layover in Canada

Toronto Aug 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM

I have a 15 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Cancun,and i would like to visit at the niagara falls, is that ample time to make my connecting flight?
      If so, what is the cheapest way to do this?
      tnx very much :)

3 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM
    • shellysu's Profile Photo

Driving form Toronto to Montreal, what is there to do?

Toronto Aug 4, 2016 at 6:22 AM

We will be driving for 5-6 hours. Is there anywhere to stop that's interesting?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    • Finding Reasonable Hotel Near Niagara Falls, Province of Ontario, Canada

Niagara Falls Jul 25, 2016 at 4:38 AM

Hi. ..Friend i am looking reasonable and best hotel near Niagara fall actually i want to spend sometime with my girl friend. So Can you Please Suggest me some best hotels..
      Thank You

2 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 6:19 PM
    • Help me to find out list of Car Rental comapnies

Toronto Jul 20, 2016 at 4:09 AM

Hi Guys! i need help to find out list of Car rental Companies in Toronto,Canada

3 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM
    • Which will be Affrodable for Car Rental in Toronto

Toronto Jul 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Hi, guys i need a Car on rental at Toronto in Canada so can you please suggest me best car rental companies in Canada. thank you.

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    • what to do in toronto

Toronto Jul 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM

I'm going to Toronto in the autumn for a week,has anyone got any recommendations as to what to go and see,besides the CN tower and Niagara Falls?Talking of which,is the train going to be the best and quickest way of getting to the falls?Also has anyone got any suggestions for reasonably/budget priced restaurants/diners near the centre of toronto?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 5:47 PM
    • Can anyone gives me some tips to how to get to Niagara Falls from Rochester NY?

Niagara Falls Jul 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Can anyone gives me some tips to how to get to Niagara Falls from Rochester NY? I was wondering about where to park, and where to walk around for a day trip to Niagara Falls. My family and I plan to take a day trip there, and I have never driven on the Canada. Any other trip recommendations are welcome! :)

Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM
    • Driving to Fort Severn?

Fort Severn Jun 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Is it possible to drive to Fort Severn in the Summer?

1 Answer Jun 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM
    • Niagara Falls from Toronto

Niagara Falls Jun 6, 2016 at 5:31 AM

I am looking for a half-day tour from Toronto to visit Niagara Falls. I am aware that most tours take full day as they also visit wineries, and leave plenty of time at the falls; but my time there is very limited and I need to be at Toronto Airport from 6pm that same day.

Thank you for your answers.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2016 at 2:46 AM
    • Things to do in November in Thunder Bay

Thunder Bay Jun 4, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Hi - Hubby and I will be in Two Harbors MN in November and want to take the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Canada since we will be so close. We love cold weather, so that's not an issue for us. Thinking of Thunder Bay, but could use some tips on things to do there. Any suggestions? Or is there another city that's closeby that we should consider?
      Thanks!
      Lisa

3 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 7:30 PM
    • Any film/TV studio tours or live tapings?

Toronto May 17, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Thinking of visiting Toronto for comic con and thought it might be fun to do a tv/film studio tour or try and attend a live TV show taping but I can't any info on tours and very little on tv tapings. Any suggestions of either?

1 Answer May 19, 2016 at 8:34 AM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Long international layover at toronto airport

Toronto Apr 25, 2016 at 8:55 AM

I am researching options to Africa from the US (I'm a US citizen). One option involves an 11-hour layover in Toronto, beginning at 11 pm. It actually seems rather ideal, as theoretically, I could spend a nearly-full night at a nearby hotel, and resume my travels the next day. However, I have not been to Canada since 9/11 (and never to Toronto), and I'm wondering if immigration, security and overall logistics will significantly impair my presumed restfulness. I'll be without luggage, as that will have been checked through.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. (btw, if this is not a good plan, I'll make other arrangements. I will NOT spend 11 hours in the international transit area, even with a club pass).

7 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Path

Toronto Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM

We will be in Toronto the week of April 23rd. We will be staying near the St. Lawrence Market. This isn't our first trip to Toronto, I was looking forward to Casa Loma, PATH, The Bata Shoe Museum, Royal Ontario Museum, Distillery District. Anything special, off the beaten path that we shouldn't miss? Any good recommendations that perhaps we haven't thought of?

6 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Good Location?

Toronto Mar 14, 2016 at 4:40 AM

Hello
      We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) travelling from Ireland at the end of June 2016. I found us a private rental in a 2 bed condo at Dan Leckie Way, near the harbor. Is this a good location for public transport and/or walking to all the sights? I have looked at google maps but am still a bit confused. Is this a good touristy area?

Also we plan to visit Niagara Falls area from 2 - 5 July I know this is a holiday weekend but we would love to see the fireworks over the falls for 4th July. Would we be crazy to try and drive to Buffalo over this weekend, is the traffic usually chaotic at the boarder?

I would appreciate all and any comments.
      Orisheyes

3 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:34 AM
    • Aussie visitor would like to watch a baseball game in mid June 2016

Toronto Mar 6, 2016 at 3:09 AM

Hi there, i will be visiting Toronto in mid June and would love to see A baseball game, I have checked out blue jay tickets, where is the best place to sit (up to $100)? Do you think it's ok to go on my own, Will I be struggling to follow the game?

6 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:12 AM
    • Using public transport from Toronto to Hamilton

Toronto Feb 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Is there public transportation from Dundas st downtown to First Ontario Centre in nearby Hamilton? which is the best option to to Hamilton?

more

2 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 4:05 PM
    • public transport from downtown Toronto to Hamilton

Hamilton Feb 17, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Is there public transportation from Dundas st downtown to First Ontario Centre in nearby Hamilton? which is the best option to to Hamilton?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2016 at 9:01 AM
    • Getting from Ottawa to Toronto

Province of Ontario Jan 31, 2016 at 3:23 AM

My husband and I will be travelling from Ottawa to Toronto in mid-June 2016. We don't have a car and don't want to fly, so thought we would either take a bus or the train. Both take a similar amount of time and cost around the same, so we thought we would ask for some advice on whether one option or the other would provide the best scenery on the way. Any advice would be most appreciated.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    • kyliekato's Profile Photo

Could you tell me about your travel experience in Toronto?

Toronto Jan 29, 2016 at 5:51 PM

How long did you stay in Toronto?
      where did you visit in Toronto?

6 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

City of Waterfalls Hamilton by bus

Province of Ontario Jan 28, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Hi,

I will be visiting Hamilton coming from Niagara Falls but with one little problem. I don't own a drivers license so can only use public transport.

What i saw is that waterfalls like 'Webster' and 'Tews' only have bus 5 coming near it but still a 30 minute walk along a pretty big road without a sidewalk?

Albion Falls seems to be reachable easier what i can see?

Any tips on the must see waterfalls which are reachable by bus end of March?

Thank you in advance!

Vincent

4 Answers Feb 1, 2016 at 1:03 AM