Province of British Columbia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Birthday Sushi

Vancouver Sep 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I am looking for a good sushi place for my birthday dinner. Not too expensive, but definitely fresh and quality! And a good beer/wine selection, or cocktails.

Popular Province of British Columbia Travel Answer Locations

• Birthday Sushi

Vancouver Sep 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I am looking for a good sushi place for my birthday dinner. Not too expensive, but definitely fresh and quality! And a good beer/wine selection, or cocktails.

1 Answer Oct 2, 2016 at 5:38 AM
    • Planning a trip mid October

Vancouver Sep 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM

I am planning my first trip to Canada for mid October. Will fly in to Vancouver for a few days and then to Whistler for a few days. I am concerned about the weather with regards to mostly rain. I have read alot of sites indicating it rains all the time. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Interested mostly in sightseeing, light hiking, shopping, visiting parks and exploring the mountains. Age 45

10 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    • visiting Whistler from Vancover

Vancouver Aug 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM

Hi is it as easy as it looks to do a day trip to Whistler on the bus? from my research it looks like a 2 hour bus ride there and 2 hours back and i can have about 8 hours in the township. The main interest i have is doing the peak to peak gondala. Is the WAVE transport (the bus system) easy to get around on while i am there?

thanks in advance

3 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 11:31 AM
    • Which SUV Rental Car will be perfect for Family

Vancouver Jul 28, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Hi, I am Harry i like to travel with my Family so Can you please suggest me Which SUV Car will be suitable for Family travel. Thanks

5 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 8:52 PM
    • beltlab's Profile Photo

Any groups in Canada that sponsor Everest trips?

Vancouver Jul 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM

I live in Vancouver. Travelling has been my passion ever since I can remember, but due to the fact that I’ve not been able to afford the expensive air tickets and other costs, my trips have been limited to the North American Continent. I’ve always nurtured a passion towards climbing some of the greatest Mountains in the world, especially Kilimanjaro and Mount Everest.
      But then again, as I was checking the costs for these trips I realized there’s no way in hell that I could afford any of these trips.
      I was going through some articles and blogs the other day when I came across a blog on the online portal of Freshslice Pizza ( ).
      Here, the CEO of the company sponsored the dreams of a man to conquer Everest itself.
      Is there any such similar person or group of people willing to sponsor a like minded person to achieve his dream of conquering the mighty mountains of the world?

Desperately hoping for a positive reply.
      Thanks a million! :)

9 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 2:41 AM
    • Traveling in November

Vancouver Jul 2, 2016 at 8:15 AM

How is the weather and scenery in Vancouver in November? Planning on travel with my husband and son for about 7 days! Feedback please! TIA!

3 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 10:06 AM
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to spend NYE?

Province of British Columbia May 22, 2016 at 6:11 AM

Hi everyone. I'm planning our holiday trip this year and my partner and I would like to have a white holidays this year. We will be spending Christmas eve in Quebec but not yet sure where to spend NYE. We will be in Vancouver on Dec 31 until Jan5. I am thinking of spending Dec31-jan2 in Whistler for the NYE. I chose Whistler because we wanted snow/mountain view but accommodation in these dates are really expensive. Also, I'm wondering if the activities (snow tube, dog sledding, snow shoe) will be open on Jan 1? Besides Whistler, is there any other place good for NYE ? (nice scenery, fireworks, possible snow). I wouldn't consider snow peak resort and big white because it's too far from Vancouver. TIA.

7 Answers May 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM
    • Rent a car in Vancouver?

Vancouver Apr 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM

We are flying into Vancouver just before the May long weekend, staying there 2 nights (Denman/Robson St area) then taking the Tsawwassen ferry to Victoria - eventually ending up in Tofino and back to Vancouver (10 days total). We aren't sure when and were to rent a car, as it sounds like in Vancouver we really don't need one. Is it expensive/convenient to get to the ferry docks from where we are in Vancouver? Would it make most sense to rent at the airport, knowing we won't use it much the first couple of days, then have it to get the ferry? Or wait til we get to Sidney/Victoria and rent there? We are pretty sure that in Victoria we'll need one. Any advice appreciated!

8 Answers Apr 11, 2016 at 5:27 PM
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Parking on the streets or ....

Vancouver Mar 12, 2016 at 9:15 AM

I want to explore some shops in Vancouver; the areas are roughly:
      -W 4th Avenue (between Alma & Blenheim)
      -E Hastings St (between Seymour and Main)
      -Main street (between Great Northern Way and E King Edwards Av)

What would be a sensible option when I arrive by car? Park somewhere at W 4th Av and use some form of public transportation for the other two?

Does somebody has some current parking experience (costs and max parking time) or any other common Vancouver parking sense for a one day visitor?

8 Answers Mar 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM
    • I'm looking for place to make new friends and have the most fun

Vancouver Mar 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Money is no problem for me, so I am wanting to know what is the best place to meet new people (I am arriving here for the first time from America) as well as have fun. I am nearby the area right now and want to know what location is best suited for me as I am only here for a day and a half (I leave tomorrow in the afternoon for this). Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? I don't mind music of any kind and enjoy any beer and don't mind dancing.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Car or local transport

Vancouver Feb 24, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Hello VTers

We are a young couple with a 2 year old daughter that will be traveling to Vancouver from Seattle in May 2016 and wanted to know what mode of transport would be better.

1. We plan to stay in downtown Vancouver for a day and then travel to North Vancouver, BC V7G2T1. Do we have easy access to local transportation to visit places downtown?
      2. Would renting a car be better or use a bus to get to North Vancouver, BC V7G2T1? Price wise what would be cheaper?

Thanks for your help in advance!

12 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 7:09 PM
    • Seeking Luxurious Wintery Retreat

Province of British Columbia Jan 18, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Hi all.

I'm new here and just came looking for a forum of fellow travelers who might have knowledge and experience of what's available in BC this time of year (early Feb 2016 trip planning).

Just wondering if anyone knows of anything roughly 5 hours drive from Vancouver resembling a private(ish) cabin on a lake with fireplace and jacuzzi, possibly with skiing/snowshoeing opportunities in the area. Also has to allow 2 night stays as many I've found ask for a 3 night minimum and that's not possible for us this time around.

3 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 6:59 AM
    • mavis77's Profile Photo

RV versus trailer tent/camper trailer

Vancouver Jan 12, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Hi everyone, we are doing a big family trip for a wedding in August. Starts Vancouver, wedding in Calgary and then tripping around Jasper, Lake Louise etc etc before flying back to Australia from Vancouver.

We are trying to keep costs down, but also for the most convenience of travelling around (not necessarily comfort), would it be better to get an RV/motorhome or a pop up camper trailer..or motels? Other people in our party are getting an RV but as we don't have kids to consider and its just us two, possibly one other travelling in our vehicle, what's the best choice and also which companies are recommended?
      Thanks guys!

6 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    • priorities for Vancouver holiday

Vancouver Dec 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM

We have 2 weeks in the summer in Vancouver but are finding it hard to judge distances and times to stay in each area. Could anyone advise priorities to visit and amount to time in Vancouver and Vancouver Island? And how long to get to/spend in Whistler if we go? We have a 16 year old with us! Thank you!

11 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 4:42 PM
    • Ferry reservations

Vancouver Nov 7, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Can anyone advise when B C ferries release the ferry reservations for on line booking for Vancouver / Vancouver Island. I have booked flights and hotels for next June and July (2016) and get a 'not available' when i try to reserve the ferry crossings

4 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    • Limo in budget Vancouver

Vancouver Nov 5, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Anyone has the contact of such company which offers the limo in budget in Vancouver. I want to hire a limo for my mum’s birthday party, just want to make her surprise. I am calling all her friends to be a part of this party to make this day very special for her.

Please advice. I would appreciate your advice and suggestions.

3 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM
    • Vancouver to Los Angeles

Vancouver Sep 29, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Hi there,

Looking at going on a tour that finishes in Vancouver, and then will be meeting friends in Los Angeles, just wondering is there any suggestions on a good way to get to Los Angeles from Vancouver.

Besides flying, or taking a straight bus trip, is there any companies that offer trips between these two cities that offer a bit of sight seeing in the process. Or what is something I go could do as an adventure and able to sight see?

I'm not confident to go off totally on my own, but would like to possibly have a journey to be able to see and along the coast from Vancouver and Los Angeles.

Cheers muchly,

7 Answers Oct 3, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

West End Vancouver Area Inquiry

Vancouver Aug 31, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Staying at Best Western Sands in West End Vancouver during end of Sept/Oct……
      What type of area would this be…. going on cruise and then staying 3 extra days to ride motorcycles (couples) around Vancouver country…. Is the West End a nice place to stay? …. (from Texas…lol)

4 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

How to get from BC ferry at horseshoe Bay to downtown on the waterfront Vancouver

Vancouver Jul 25, 2015 at 9:18 PM

We are coming over from Nanaimo on the BC ferries to horseshoe Bay. We will not have a car with us. How do we get from horseshoe Bay to the waterfront area of Vancouver? Are there buses, is it feasible to take a taxi what is the best way to do it

4 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 10:14 PM
    • StephMayo's Profile Photo

Fairmont or Mountain work?

Whistler Jul 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie to Whistler and will be coming for both this coming winter (arrive late October) and staying on to do a Summer.
      Because I've never been there I don't know what jobs are considered better. I have been offered work in the guest services area of the Fairmont as well as working for the mountain in retail.
      Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on whether Fairmont has a good reputation for being a good place to work, Ok pay etc? Just trying to weight it up against the pros of working for the mountain and getting a season pass etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM
    • Travelling to Victoria.

Vancouver Jul 14, 2015 at 2:47 AM

What is the most practical way to get to Downtown Victoria from Downtown Vancouver with suitcases/

6 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    • Best and reasonable price mode of travel from Vancouver International airport to downtown .

Vancouver Jul 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM

We will be arriving about 7.30am at the International Airport. Are taxis expensive from airport to downtown Vancouver. (Best Western 718 Drake Street) or are shuttle buses better. I know train would be cheapest but because of suitcases would have to probably walk several books with them? What is best

5 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:59 AM
    • Hotel tips

Vancouver Jul 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM

looking for reasonably priced hotels in the cruise port area of Vancouver BC?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    • Trip around North America

Vancouver Jun 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM

I am taking a trip of about 4-5 weeks in July-August, with my wife. I will be driving from Florida to San Diego, Vancouver, Montreal and back to Florida. We will be tenting in Federal and State/Provincial campgrounds mostly, with a mix of motels and cabins, friends and family.

In 1976 we did a similar trip from Montreal to San Francisco, Mexico City, Houston and back with our three children and in 1978 we did another another one again from Montreal to Los Angeles, El Paso and back. Our visiting the Northwest has been postponed until now. I have had my fair share of traveling, but most of it was done prior to the internet and its wonderful opportunities to learn and communicate.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to publish a log of the trip while making it, what campgrounds to take, "don't miss" nearby locations and any other comments that may be applicable.

I have posted a map to my Google Drive, but don't know how to make it available here for comments and suggestions.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me.

18 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    • accommodation at gang ranch

Gang Ranch Jun 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Where is the nearest accommodation for the gang ranch? What are the tourist attractions in the area

4 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 9:06 PM
    • Where do I leave my clothes when going to the wreck beach

Vancouver May 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM

hi, this is a question that came to my head and I was surprised that no website answers the question of where to put the clothes when on the wreck beach. I haven't been to the Wreck beach before. I plan to visit there soon next month and stroll the beach in the nude. If I drive, is it fine to leave them in the car and be naked during the walk to the beach? What do folks who take the public transport do? Are there lockers to rent? Should I be worried that they can get stolen if I just leave them on the beach and stroll from end to end?

May be I am concerned over nothing and there may a practical solution to it but I rather be prepared than sorry.

Thank you,

3 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    • Activities for 9 year old granddaughter

Victoria May 18, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My 9 year old granddaughter will be traveling with me for a Grandma/Granddaughter trip in a few weeks, staying in the Inner Harbor area. I've been to the area several times with my husband and am familiar with the regular spots; fisherman's wharf, Beacon Hill Park, Royal BC Museum,Empress Tea Room, Parliament Bldg.,etc. Would like some suggestions for some unusual things to do that would be of interest to a 9 year old who loves art, music, history. We will have 3 full days and will have a car. Any festivals happening the week of May 25?

1 Answer May 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Area related to Port

Vancouver May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Can someone please tell me what area the Port is located? North, south?? We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise and staying a few after to rent motorcycles…. Looking to stay in a nice area but somewhat close to catch our boat

Thanks a bunch wheretonext...

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

arriving may 2015

Queen Charlotte May 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM

me and my girlfriend are coming up from vancouver for a week end of may, whats the best way to travel around?

• Qualicum Beach Accommodations Recommendations Wanted

Qualicum Beach May 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a place to stay in Qualicum Beach for 2 fairly quiet adults--something comfortable not too pricey--pool, close to beach, firepit, kitchenette...would be nice

1 Answer May 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM