Does anyone know if I can get a pump boat to take me from Boracay to Romblon island?
I'm going on these year October 1 to 4, kindly I wanted to go any recommend places like helmet diving and etc, some sort of water activities.
Hi there are 3 people travelling from Australia to Boracay in August and I was hoping someone can give me a link to organise transport from Kalibo Airport to our hotel on Boracay.
Whilst in the Philippines we are also travelling to Cebu and Iloilo and the second question I must ask if anyone out there can give me a link to book bus transport from Iloilo to Boracay please as we are travelling by Cebu Pacific from Boracay to Cebu and Cebu to Iloilo.
Thanking you for your assistance in these matters.
My name is Shweta & I'm from India.
I was looking for advice on my thought of traveling to Boracay in the first week of August this year before I head to Singapore for my holidays.
I am mainly planning this visit to Boracay for the water sport activities including cliff diving. however I recently learnt that this period has rainfall and if luck is bad then it witnesses storms as well.
Would really appreciate if anyone could advise me on whether the water sport activities operate during the first week of August and is safe or not??
If not, is there any island close to Singapore that I could visit and do these activities.
Does anyone know if there is a direct flight from PPS to MPH? I presume this is the fastest way to get to Puerto Princesa to Boracay. Or is it better to fly to Kalibo from PPS?
I did a search online and it looks like all of the flights seem to have a stopover in MNL?
What is the best (ie. fastest) way to get from PPS to Boracay?
Hi, VTers! How many days would you recommend 30 something year-olds spend in Boracay?
My boyfriend and I are planning on fitting Boracay into our 3 week adventure to the Philippines. We will definitely be going to Palawan, so we'll get our island hopping, snorkelling and diving in there.
The activities that seem to interest us in Boracay are cliff jumping, Mount Luho, massages, and checking out Puka Beach, Bulabog Beach, and White Beach. It seems like 3 days would be sufficient?
Thanks in advance!
hi.. can somebody tell me what time is the last trip of buses from Culasi, Antique to Caticlan? or trip schedules of Culasi to Caticlan? i am planning to go to boracay but i will also want to go first to malalison island antique. thank you
Im planning to go in boracay on June 2016 and I just want to explore more places after my boracay trip.
any suggestions please. Thank you in advance
I need some advice from all of u. Im travelling to Boracay this coming October. Im planning to stay at Station 3 coz i dont really like crowded and noisy place. I need to check a few things as per below :-
1. What is the best hotel in Station 3? I want a nice beachfront hotel. Maybe somewhere nearby Station 2.
2. I read that there's a lot of complaint about the seaweed and also lots of boat at the beach in Station 3. Is that mean i cant swim and enjoy the beach there?
3. I know that the nightlife is at Station 2. So im planning to hire a scooter. But i get to know that the rental is crazily costly. So if i want to take the tricycle, is it easily available? Even at 2 or 3am?
4. I also really intrested to join the Party Cruise. I heard that its depart from Station 3. Their website shows that the price is around PHP2000. But in some blogs, they mention its PHP500 only. So can i just go and get the tickets at the island?
5. If i would like to walk from Station 3 to Station 2, it would take me like 15-20 minutes. Is the path safe for tourist? Exspecially late a night.
Thanks in advance and looking forward for any recomendation and tips.
Hi everyone, I'm vietnamese girl and I would like to go to Boracay to live and work because I fall in love with this island (I've been in Boracay for 1 week in holidays last year). if anyone can help me, I will be very happy. I have some questions:
- I have a very tight budget, can I find a room about less 5000 php/month?
- Is there some kind of home stay in Boracay?
- Is it difficult to find hospitality jobs there?
I would like to make friend with everyone. Pls contact with me in following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank u very much for your help!
Easy and convenient to do?
Should I insist on only receiving $100 peso bills?
Please advise. Thank you.
I have just arrived in Manila and was hoping to get my visa extended to approximately 40 days due to my holiday. However, upon arriving, I was told that the Bureau of Immigration is closed (today being Saturday).
I had hoped to take care of this business at the airport, but since the office was closed, the officer told me that the closest place obtain a visa extension for Boracay is in Kalibo. I will be arriving at Caticlan Airport tomorrow (Sunday).
I was hoping to take the ferry across to Boracay, but now I worry whether I will have to go to Kalibo for that visa extension?
What are my options?
Is there a place to get the visa extended on the island of Boracay?
Is there a place to get it extended in the proximity of the Caticlan airport?
Do I actually need to go all the way to Kalibo to do this?
What is the penalty for overstaying a visa (not that want to find myself on the wrong end of the law)?
Can I make from Caticlan to Kalibo and back in one day? Are there hotels in Kalibo and the Caticlan area that can accommodate me (even if only for a night)?
Please advise as soon as possible. I would like to get to Boracay sooner rather than later.
Thank you for your time.
I will be visiting the island soon and have read about the rainy season there.
How long (typically) per day does it rain at these times? Is the nightlife affected by the rain?
Please advise. Thank you.
Can anyone suggest a good hotel ($20 - $60 US per night) in the Manila International Airport area? Someplace that is close to a bar (maybe with westerners)?
I will be arriving to Manila at 4:20 pm, and the flights from Manila to Caticlan are unavailable later that evening, so I will have to spend one night in Manila until my flight to Caticlan the next morning.
I appreciate your replies.
Will there be many westerners during these months?
What is the approximate estimates of westerners visiting during that time of the year? Are they mostly Australian or European, or are there Americans and Canadians, too?
The reason I ask is because I was in Mexico last year and the number of westerners was really minimal, so there was no one who I could really talk to due to the language barrier. I understand that many people in the Philippines speak English very well, but I would like to meet some westerners while there, too.
I have found an apartment to rent in the Station 3 section of the island.
1. How long would it take to walk from Station 3 to Station 2? How far is it in feet or miles?
2. How long would it take to walk there?
3. How much would it cost to take a motorcycle taxi there?
4. Are there bars or clubs in Station 3, or mostly just in Station 2?
5. What is the crowd in Station 3 like?
Thank you in advance.
I will be leaving Honolulu, Hawaii USA in early June and staying in Boracay till mid July of this year.
What is the best / cheapest / most efficient itinerary to take? What airlines do you suggest?
Will I need to stay a few nights in Cebu or Manila, or is it possible to get from Hawaii to Boracay within 24 - 36 hours?
How much is a flight from Manila to Boracay (in USD)? How much from Cebu to Boracay?
Please advise. Thank you for reading.
Just looking for some information regarding outdoor showers, swimming pools, and Jacuzzis...
Are there relatively strong outdoor, fresh water showers available in the Station 1 - 3 areas? Is there a charge? If so, what is the cost in pesos? How many showers are there available?
Is it possible to access pools and / or Jacuzzis in the Station 1 - 3 areas?
Thank you :)
I can't find any cheap hostels in Boracay. People say its very cheap but all I can find is expensive than in Phi Phi. Is it advisable to find a hostel once I'm in Boracay or shall I book in advance?
So to get to Boracay, I will have to spend a night or two in Manila. Sounds exciting. I am, however, very uninformed about the area.
Please answer the following questions, if possible and knowledgeable:
1. I will be flying from Hawaii to Manila. Long-ish flight. Is there a hotel by the airport that is close to the nightlife?
2. I would like to avoid "girly bars" / prostitutes / ______ / pay for ______. Is this possible?
3. Only staying 1 - 3 nights. Not looking for wholesome entertainment, but perhaps, a good bar with cheap beer and nice people to talk to.
4. Any "main drag" like Bangkok's Sukhumvit? If so, what is the name and proximity to the airport?
5. Any good, budget hotels in this area? Maybe $30 - 60 USD per nite?
Thank you in advance for your responses.
I am a white American. I have read that the most dangerous part of landing in Manila is negotiating a taxi cab to my hotel. I am well-traveled, but what is the likelihood of robbery if arriving late at night. Mind you, I will get a legitimate taxi with no one in the back seat.
Any and all answers are appreciated. Thank you. :)
Is there a way to get the tourist visa extended beyond the 30 day limit on the island of Boracay?
Or do I need to go to the Philippine embassy in my home country to apply for an extended visa?
Please advise. I will be on the island for approximately 40 days.
I am a white, 30-something American who is interested in spending the summer months of June - August in Boracay. I am educated, professional, and well-traveled and have spent time in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
I have a few questions to ask regarding travels to and stays in Boracay.
1. How old are the typical visitors to Boracay who enjoy the nightlife / party scene? Are they in there 20s, or are there people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s there, too? Are there many westerners there?
Bangkok and Bali both had visitors from their teens to their 70s, so that was cool. Is Boracay the same?
2. Do the women express interest in westerners? If so, what is their motivation?
I enjoyed the attention of members of the opposite sex during my travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia, but they were not exactly after my good looks. In Mexico, it was close to impossible to get the attention of women because I felt that they saw me as a white tourist with limited Spanish speaking skills.
3. Is the nightlife scene lively 7 nights a week? Or is it only on the weekends? Are some nights better than others?
4. Is it okay to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the open, or should I keep them concealed? Mind you, I am not going to be stumbling drunk down the beach with a keg, but rather discreet and enjoying a cold beer under the shade of a tree.
5. Is it possible to rent an apartment there? Or is my only option to check in to a hotel? If apartments are available, what is the weekly / monthly rate in pesos?
6. Will I get bored if I stay over sixty days?
7. What is the nightlife like during late May to early August?
I have read that this is the low-season, but a huge part of the reason why I am interested in visiting Boracay is for its nightlife. The only time during the year that I can visit is from late May till early August.
I DO NOT MIND CROWDS. I like a bustling nightlife. Though it is no doubt tuned down during the low-season, I need assistance in answering these questions:
a. Can I still expect a bustling nightlife?
b. Will all the bars and clubs be open?
c. Will there be people on the streets enjoying themselves?
d. Will there be other westerners there?
e. Will the bars and clubs stay open late into the night?
f. Will it be possible to go to the bars and clubs 7 nights a week?
I know this is a lot to ask and some of it even redundant, but I have been involved on numerous forums about foreign destinations in the past and have always enjoyed some of the insight and information that members with intimate knowledge of those locations have provided in the past, and I hope to find some useful information here on this forum.
Again, I would appreciate any and all helpful responses. I hope to hear from you soon.
Hi guys, I will be traveling to Boracay via Kalibo for about 5 nights. Was wondering whether anyone has a good itinerary or schedule that I can follow along with my girlfriend. We enjoy Snorkeling (Any good spots?), Para-sailing, wildlife, beach etc and want to get the most out of the island without being in too much of a rush. Anyone who has experienced this beautiful island first hand have any suggestions?
1) I would like to know how is the transport from Kalibo Airport to Boracay Island?
My flight detail:-
Departing from KL - Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1050 hrs ( 10:50AM)
Arriving Kalibo - Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1445 hrs ( 2:45PM)
2) Return flight details:-
Departing: Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1515 hrs ( 3:15PM)
- what time should i leave from Boracay Station 3? As known that we need to arrive airport 2hrs earlier before boarding time.
Anyone has been to Boracay Philippines recently? May I know anything negative or special attention on the Island resort?
Can anyone suggest me a nice budget hotel in boracay. Im planning to stay for 3 nights on this april.
From last time I remember the ATM was not working and it was 2012.
Do they accept cards with Union Pay logo?
Where are they located?
Any new update review regarding this property?
Thanks in advance for the contribuition
I would to request the room for 10 person (5 rooms) budget below PH2600
We will arrive and check in on 4th april 2015 and check out on 8th april 2015.
We hope you can provide us that room. And if you can provide us that room can you susgest us to other hotel or chalet which can provide us 5 rooms. We hope you can help us. Waiting for your reply
Can email to me at email@example.com
Do you know a good resort on Boracay, near station 1, 2 or 3 that is new? So maybe not yet on booking and agoda. The price around 75 dollar a night