VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Pretoria Travel Answers

change location
cheddah's Profile Photo

taxi to pretoria?

by cheddah Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Any idea how much a shuttle or taxi to pretoria will cost? Can anyone recommend a shuttle company and do these go door to door, airport to hotel?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cheddah's Profile Photo

Re: taxi to pretoria?

by cheddah Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry, from o r tambo airport to pretori a.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: taxi to pretoria?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hi
    I suppose that you know that there is now a high speed Gautrain rail link between OR Tambo and Pretoria? There are stations in Pretoria Central and Hatfield, so it depends on which hotel you're staying in - many will arrange a pickup from the station, or you can catch a taxi for the short distance.
    The rail journey takes about 45 minutes and services run every 15 minutes. There is also a limited system of connecting Gautrain buses that operate from the Gautrain stations into the surrounding area.
    For more details under the transport section of my Johannesburg and Pretoria pages: just be wary that the rail service currently only operates between 05:30 and 20:30.
    Alternatively, e-mail me and I will provide you with the details of a shuttle service that we use for business and personal transfers who can organise a door to door service. This will take 1-1.5 hours depending on the time of day and the traffic.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pretoria