Travel Answers
Prefecture of the Cyclades

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• windpaard's Profile Photo

the bus from airport athens to Port rafina stops in artemidas?

Artemida Nov 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I would like to know if the bus from Athens airport to port Rafina stops in Artemidas(Artemis) and where are the stops situated?thanks

more
    • Thessaloniki to Istanbul

Greece Nov 26, 2016 at 3:29 AM

Hey, I live in Thessaloniki as an Erasmus-student and I'm going on a trip to Istanbul in the second week of Christmas break. What is the best (and cheapest) way to go there? I found some websites with a night train, which seems perfect for me, but I can't find the prizes anywhere and neither do I know where I can buy the tickets (just at the normal train station of Thessaloniki? Or that special international train ticket store at Plateia Aristotelous?). Can anyone help me out? A bus is also okay, if that's the only other option, but then again I'd prefer a nightbus so it won't cost me any valuable time on travelling.

more
    • Ferry from Mykonos

Naxos Island Oct 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM

Coming to Naxos in September 2017 -fly into mykonos -flight due in 13:35 -what is the frequency of the ferries

Is it best to pre-book and what ferry companies operate this route

2 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 2:47 PM
    • Santorini Buses

Santorini Island Sep 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM

As none of the buses in the KTEL timetable say they are going to Pyrgos can anyone tell what bus do I get from Fira to Pyrgos?

Many thanks

Brian

2 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    • Bus from Firostefani to Airport?

Santorini Island Sep 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Hi guys!

We need to get to the airport early in the morning tomorrow (gotta be there by 6), and I was wondering if we can catch a bus to the airport from the Firostefani bus stop? Do they run that early?

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 11:37 PM
    • Sunset cruises

Santorini Island Aug 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Hi!

I was looking on Viator for Caldera Cruises, and for the sunset cruises with dinner, it's 70€, but someone on there sad not to book online, just book when you get to Santorini as the prices online are almost triple what they normally are.

My question is:

Is this true?

If I wanted to book when I get there, where do I go?

Does anybody know approximate prices on the different sunset cruises?

Also, will be looking to cruise on or around September 10, so as it is technically low season, am I safe to wait to book until I get there? Or is there a good chance that everything will be booked up?

Thanks so much, you guys are amazing.

13 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM
    • MahRasoli's Profile Photo

How I can go to fira from Athens?

Santorini Island Aug 15, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Please guide me to choice best way?

8 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    • Bus to Finikia

Santorini Island Aug 7, 2016 at 3:41 AM

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Santorini by ferry, which I will arrive at Athinios port. However, my hotel is located at Finikia.
      I have checked the bus timetable online, but I could not find a bus stop at Finikia.
      Could anyone please tell me which bus stop should I get down?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2016 at 5:35 AM
    • 4 days to see the best of the island

Santorini Island Jul 14, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Hey guys!! I ll be in Santorini with 2 friends and we ll stay for 4 days. We wanna see the best and do things that are worth doing even if they are not mentioned in travel guides. For example what about watching the sunset frim a calmer place, with the view of the caldera but without the touristic mess and noise??
      What about the beaches? We ll be staying in Fira, so which ones are the most appropriate for us if we dont have a car there? Are there regukar buses?
      And of course I could really use every piece of advice and info about the island to avoid discomfort and to see and do beautiful things while we ll be there!!
      Thanks in advance!!!

6 Answers Jul 16, 2016 at 2:54 PM
    • Far out Beach Club 8-12 Aug

Ios Jul 6, 2016 at 6:36 PM

anyone else travelling solo to Ios between those dates? :)

1 Answer Jul 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM
    • First time to santorini - public bus transport

Santorini Island Jul 6, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Hi

Im going to santorini from 19-22 july and will be taking Aegean airlines, reaching about 6am. How do I take bus from airport to Megalochori?

How do we get around to different major villages from Megalochori?

Cheers!

4 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM
    • Q2: Paros in May

Paros Jul 4, 2016 at 10:51 AM

thinking of travelling to Paros for 7-10 days next may. Will be the last 4 or 5 days of May and then the same in June.

Will probably be Nouassa or maybe Pariaki. How busy will these towns be.....will it be a little empty that early in the season? Nouassa harbour looks like a lovely place to go for a meal for example but will we be the only ones there?

I guess the same applies for the respective shopping districts. Will they be open/will people be about. Ive been to places before that early and they have felt a little ghost towny.

Sorry if stupid questions!!

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    • Q1: Gatwick to Paros

Paros Jul 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Whats the best way to get from London Gatwick to Paros. By best i mean quickest/most efficient and best value.

Is it plane to athens and then ferry to paros.....that seems the longest, what are the connections like.
      plane to mykonos/santorini then ferry to paros. any info on connections appreciated
      plane to athens and then plan to paros. any info on connections appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!

3 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM
    • Church visits

Santorini Island Jun 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM

Hi, we're visiting Santorini for the first time next week. We love visiting churches and I was wondering what the dress code was. Will crop trousers and t-shirts be OK?

5 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    • First trip to Santorini

Santorini Island Jun 22, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Hi, my name is Sal Mason and me and my husband are staying in Firostefani next Tuesday for a week. We're hiring a car for the week and would love any recommendations of places to visit. We love archaeological sites, ruins, churches, cathedrals. We would also like any recommendations for tavernas, bars, restaurants, quiet beaches. Thanks. 

14 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM
    • restaurant

Santorini Island Jun 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Any recommendations for a great restaurant in both Santorini and Mykonos? between 3 - 5 star, thanks in advance.

13 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 2:50 PM
    • 2 days in Santorini

Santorini Island Jun 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM

Require best itinerary to spend 2 days & 2 nights in Santorini.

7 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    • Glass ornaments Santorini

Santorini Island Jun 4, 2016 at 3:26 AM

Shop in Thira selling glass yachts, what is the name of it.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM
    • Car rental in Milos

Milos Island May 29, 2016 at 2:08 AM

Hi!
      Can anyone suggest a reliable company for car rental?

I ve read that some companies' insurance doesn't cover earth roads (??) and that's how you get to the nicest beaches!

5 Answers May 29, 2016 at 10:04 AM
    • Santorini Princesss Spa hotel & Pegasus hotel.

Santorini Island May 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Hi will be visiting Santorini next year in May for our 25th wedding anniversary and are wanting to stay in Imerovigli area, wanting feedback on Santorini Princess spa, and Pegasus, the position, views etc and if anyone has stayed in a bed and breakfast in Imerovigli as well, also thoughts on where they are positioned etc.
      Thank you

4 Answers May 19, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • toilets available?

Santorini Island May 15, 2016 at 4:30 AM

are there toilets anywhere

9 Answers May 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM
    • Cheap yatch/ mykonos to santorini need 6 pax to join us!

Mykonos May 14, 2016 at 5:40 AM

Hi! Me and 3 friends will travel to mykonos between 8-11june and we would like to visit santorini during this time! We find a beautiful yatch and our ideia is waking up early and depart for santorini... and comeback in sunset admiring the amazing view! The yatch has capability for 10 people and we need 6 people to join us in this adventure... The Price is 200 euros+ diesel ( round 1000euros) = 1200 euros total which is 120 for each one!

Anyone to join us? We can go 9 Jun. 10 or 11

1 Answer May 14, 2016 at 1:00 PM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Paros questions

Paros Apr 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Hi,
      I am struggling a bit with researching Paros for an upcoming trip beginning of July. Any help to clarify the following questions would be highly appreciated!

Public transport: I know bus transport in Paros is quite good. I have also read about a 'round the island' type coach / bus trip, but cannot find anything online. Any info on this? What about water taxis or small rental boats to circumnavigate the island?

Car / ATV rental: Considering renting a car or ATV to give us more freedom (stopping off at beaches we like, etc). Have been referred to ParosEuropeanRent cars & motorbikes... Any feedback on them? Any other recommendations on trustworthy operators? Opinions on public transport versus vehicle to visit various beaches / locations around the island?

Bicycles: I believe the island (particularly along the coast) is relatively flat. Is the island suitable for cycling? Are there dedicated cycling paths? Have safety concerns - narrow roads, heavy traffic etc.

Food: Paros appears to be highly praised as a foody destination, but most of the tips on VT seems to be pretty outdated. Any recent restaurant / taverna recommendations for good authentic Greek / Paros food?

Thank you very much!

11 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM
    • Maremma12's Profile Photo

" Taxi in Santorini "

Santorini Island Mar 26, 2016 at 12:43 AM

We are planning to stay one week near Perivolos beach. We'd like to visit the island but my husband cannot climb on many steps, so we think about Taxis for transportation (we're a little scared from renting a car because of little narrow roads etc.) Do someone know about taxi's fare to visit most important places? Do they use taxameter? Do you know someone reliable and affordable? Thanks.

8 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 11:09 PM
    • Agali Houses (Superior Room Sea View) vs Stefani Suites (Executive Split Level)

Santorini Island Mar 9, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Hi, I would appreciate some advice on the above two hotels please. My husband, my 17 year old daughter and I will be going to Santorini this July. We want to stay in the Firostefani area but are having trouble deciding between these two places. Agali has a larger pool but the hotel has 30 rooms and I've read online reviews about mixed levels of customer service. Stefani Suites is a boutique hotel (4 units) which seems to be more attentive but it only has a small plunge pool. Santorini accommodation in July is quite expensive so we want to make the right decision. Thanks in advance for your info/comments.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM
    • Jannice48's Profile Photo

Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros

Santorini Island Feb 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM

Just wondered if people thought it was worth waiting to book a ferry from Santorini to Folegandros in late September until nearer the time or not? Sea jets are available to book now for an extortionate €44 each way for a 40 minute crossing but is there likely to be a conventional ferry which would of course be a fraction of the cost, running daily late September into October? I realise the schedules for them can be as late as August when they're released but does anyone know of an intended ferry schedule for that time?

Thank you

Jan

3 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    • Where to stay

Santorini Island Jan 24, 2016 at 2:25 PM

We are a group of 8 people planning to visit Santorini this summer. We currently have the choice of 2 villas, one in Pyrgos & one in Oia. There are some young adults in our group who will want to get about and about independently to bars, restaurants etc, so which would be the best place to choose?
      Also, is there an accessible beach in Oia?
      Thank you in advance, Kath Hill

9 Answers Jan 27, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    • Salsagirl06's Profile Photo

Ferry from Paros to Milos in September 2016

Milos Island Jan 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a daily ferry available from Paros to Milos in mid to late September? I can't seem to find a schedule and have booked a hotel on Milos so not sure how to get there from Paros.

Thanks for any assistance!

6 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 1:05 AM
    • Safety in the cyclades

Prefecture of the Cyclades Dec 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I'll be chartering a yacht in the cyclades in March 2016 with the family (3 kids) and start wondering how the situation is there with refugees. I very recently heard that because of the high number of refugees on the islands near Turkey the government has started moving them onto other islands. Reading testimonies from locals, I don't want to go on holidays and end up having my children seeing dead bodies in the sea or any form of violence that is already happening on Islands like Lesbos or Samos.
      Does anyone have feedback?

2 Answers Dec 5, 2015 at 2:35 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

where to stay

Santorini Island Oct 31, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi
      my wife and I are planning a week in Santorini next year. we like good food and lively nights. Any suggestions on where to stay please

Cheers.

6 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 1:51 AM
    • Where to stay

Mykonos Oct 25, 2015 at 9:49 AM

i wanna go for july2016.. Want to stay for 4 nights.. Where to stay.. Looking for beach party and nice young girls croud

6 Answers Nov 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    • Credit card or cash?

Andros Island Oct 10, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Are credit cards widely accepted on Andros?

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM