VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Prefecture of Kavala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Bus from Tirana to Meteora

Meteora Feb 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM

I am hoping to take a bus from Tirana in Albania to the Meteora Monasteries in Greece. I think the towns near the monasteries are called Kalambaka (or Kalabaka) and Kastraki. Does anyone have any information on timetables, etc?

Thanks in advance for any information, it will be very much appreciated.

more

Corinth Canal

Corinth Feb 13, 2017 at 11:03 AM

First of all apologies if someone has already answered these questions. I reviewed all the reports I could find about the Corinth Canal, but some were quite old, so I am hoping to get the best current info.

I am hoping to visit the Corinth Canal around late March or early April, preferably on a day trip from Athens using public transport, a bus or a train.

My first choice would be to take a tour boat along the canal if there is one available from Isthmia or Corinth. Does anyone have any information on availability of canal tour boats? There was a youtube video clip of someone doing this sort of tour, but it is from 2009. I don't know if the tour is still available or where to get the boat if it is still operating.

youtube.com/watch?v=...

My second choice would be to see the canal from the bridge, but I'm not sure if the bus or the train would stop anywhere near the bridge. The bridge is about 9km from Corinth. Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to get to the bridge over the canal for someone using public transport?

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

more
    • Car Parking

Rhodes (Island) Feb 15, 2017 at 1:42 AM

Staying in Best Western Plaza hotel Rhodes town in May which has no free parking - which is our best parking option

more
    • nicolemoraira's Profile Photo

Island recommendations for 2 weeks in the Cyclades

Greece Feb 12, 2017 at 8:46 AM

After 2.5 years of travelling in India, Australia and Southeast Asia, my boyfriend (33, British) and I (28, German) have now settled down in Berlin and want to explore some more of Europe. Hence we're very excited to be visiting Greece for the first time this year and are looking for some destination advice.

We're flying to Athens on 7th June, then on to Santorini early on 8th June (my birthday), and back from Athens on 21st June. We're planning to spend around 3 days / 2 nights in Santorini and would probably like to visit another 2 islands in the Cyclades before heading back to Athens for the final 2-3 days. Is this feasible for a 2-week trip?

I've checked out plenty of websites and have a few ideas but still unsure of which islands to include. We enjoy pristine, uncrowded (preferably not windy) beaches, local food, nature/scenery, some history/culture and some nightlife (bars rather than clubs). We could hire a car or scooters if required. I've included Santorini on the itinerary as I understand this is a must-see for first-time visitors to the Cyclades, but would also like to include some cheaper, less crowded places. Which islands would you recommend?

Do we need to book hotels in advance or can we rock up with backpacks and find something decent on the day (Athens, Santorini, other islands)? What about ferries between islands, do we need to book these in advance? Can you recommend any affordable hotels with views of the caldera in Santorini? Is it easy to get public transport from the airport? Any advice relevant to our trip would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      Nicole

more

Best days to visit Meteora Monasteries

Meteora Feb 14, 2017 at 10:22 PM

I was wondering if any days are better or worse than others for visiting the monasteries at Meteora. For example, Sunday might be a bad day to visit, but there could be other days when the monks have a different routine to normal.

more

Popular Prefecture of Kavala Travel Answer Locations

• Weеkend in Kavala

Kavala Aug 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi everyone!
      My family are planning to celebrate in Kavala 15.08.2015. Could you recomend us some good, no tourist restaurant and some bouzouki bar with life musik. If possible orientate about prize and do we need reservation.
      Thanks in advance

8 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    • Trip from kavala to istanbul

Kavala Jun 14, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Which bus goes to Istanbul from Kavala greece? Date, time, price?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Area to stay in Kavala

Kavala May 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Hello. I'm traveling to Kavala for the first time with my husband and two sons (ages 7 and 10) in August. We want to visit all the main attractions in Kavala and surrounding areas but unsure of what area to stay in -- whether it is the city or by the beach. I think we may need to be near the water just to have a relaxing activity at the end of the day. What do you recommend? Thank you!

2 Answers May 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    • Distance from Kevala airport to Kevala ferry port

Kavala Jul 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM

How far is it from Kavala airport to the port of Kevala? What is the best mode of transport?

2 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • Kavala to Philippi

Philippi Jul 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Is there public transportation from Kavala to Philippi? We arrive in Kavala by cruise ship. Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Formal Men's wear

Thasos Island Jun 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM

HELP!
      I am on Thassos and I desperately need a suit for an important meeting I need to attend. Or if I cannot buy a suit, formal clothing...pants, shirt & tie. Any suggestions of where I can find this on the island? Good quality preferred.

Thanks!
      Darryll

6 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • Where is this church?

Kavala Jun 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM

HELP!!!
      What is the name of this church? Where is the exact location?!

topstockphoto.com/Greece/Kav...

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • Last Post on this forum was in 2011

Thasos Island Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Have there been more recent posts than 2011? I like the look of Thassos but as a New Zealander I'm a bit wary of places that have been overrun with UK holiday makers, does it still have an authentic Greek Island feel about it??

1 Answer Apr 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • Recommended Tour Guide

Philippi Jan 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I am bringing a group down from Sofia to visit and wonder if I should bring my own tour guide or if there is one (or a company) that anyone would recommend? Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM
    • Private Tour Guide in Kavala

Kavala Sep 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Does anyone know how to contact and English-speaking guide/driver for the beginning of October?

• dusica_stamenik's Profile Photo

Vacation in Kavala,Greece

Kavala Jul 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Hi there,
      Has anyone been to Kavala ,Greece on a summer vacation??I'm collecting information's about a vacation with my boyfriend now in July so it would help me a lot if someone has spend some time there(where to stay,beaches,night live....).
      Thank you

3 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • One Day Pilgrimage from Canakkale to Kavala

Kavala Jul 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Hi! We are a pilgrimage group interested in visiting places connected with Saint Paul. We will be using a tourist bus. Is this scheduling feasible for 1 day? We plan to leave Canakkale, Turkey at 7 a.m. for Kavala. Then explore Philippi, with Holy Mass there. Then, we proceed to Kavala to explore the places identified with Saint Paul. We stay overnight in Kavala. Please enlighten us if that is workable. Thank you!

• Thessaloniki-Kavala

Kavala Feb 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM

How much is the ticket for a bus from thessaoniki to kavala?? and should i get it from?

1 Answer Feb 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    • Boat/catamaran trips

Thasos Island Jul 7, 2011 at 5:45 AM

I am going to Thassos in a couple of weeks - does anyone have any recommendations for day trips on a boat/catamaran? Is it advisable to book before we go or when we get there?

Thanks!

• Kavala to istanbul by train or bus

Kavala Jun 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Hi
      Im looking to travel from Kavala to Istanbul on Sunday 3 July. Can anyone please help with the following: What is the quickest option by bus and train as I notice that there is no station in Kavala. What will the fares likely be?
      Thanks in anticipation

1 Answer Jun 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    • andywing's Profile Photo

ATMs - Cash Machines

Thasos Island Apr 21, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I will be holidaying in Skala Rahoni in a couple of weeks. Just wondered whether to take cash or are cash machines plentiful around the island. I wouldn't want to be getting on a bus to find some cash!

5 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    • E-MAIL ADDRESS

Thasos Island Apr 6, 2011 at 5:39 AM

HOPING TO GO TO GALAXY HOTEL IN THASSOS TOWN ON THASSOS ISLAND IN JUNE AND WOULD LIKE THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS, CAN ANYONE HELP?

REGARDS jULIAN

• angdevine's Profile Photo

Wedding Planner on Thassos

Thasos Island Nov 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Can anyone give me any info on a reputatble wedding planner on the island. Thassosislandweddings.com no longer exist and I want some info on getting married on Thassos in June 2012. Has anyone got married on the island in the past year or two and could share their experience?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    • Greek strikes affect ferry schedule?

Thasos Island Jul 10, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Hello everyone.

I've heard there is a general strike going on in Greece, and that ferry simply doesn't work. Since I'm planning to go to Thassos with my family this summer, can anyone tell me more about this? Is it true that ferries do not operate, and if it is, is there another way to get to Thassos island by car?

thanx in advance!

7 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 4:02 AM
    • Plan to visit Thassos this summer

Thasos Island Jun 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM

We are probably visiting Thassos this summer. Do you suggest we stay in the capital or a village?
      Are hotels cheaper in villages? How many days do you think we should spare for this island?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    • simonnewton's Profile Photo

Prices of accomodation

Thasos Island May 5, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Hey,we are going to spend some days this summer in Thassos Ilsand and I want to ask you if you know,what is the price for rent a house or villa for 8 people.I want to specify that we need a house near the sea and not to be so far away from the center.Thank you in advance.Simon

1 Answer May 5, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    • AntoniaL's Profile Photo

Taxi prices

Thasos Island Jun 10, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Thanks for your help so far, I have 2 more questions:
      How much is a taxi from Kavala airport to Keramoti port?
      How much is a taxi from Limenas port to Skala Patamia?

Thanks
      Antonia

1 Answer Jun 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    • weather??

Thasos Island Jun 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Hi everyone,
      Can anyone tell me what the weather is likely to be like in Thasos during mid- september? A friend of mine went a few years ago and had very bad storms, is this typical?
      Thanks in anticipation.
      Steve

5 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    • AntoniaL's Profile Photo

Boat Kavala - Thasos

Thasos Island Jun 5, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hello

I am travelling to Thasos next Sunday (14th June) and will be staying in Golden Beach. I will land in Kavala at 11.00, please can someone let me know where to get a boat from and where I can find a timetable?

Thank you
      Antonia

4 Answers Jun 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    • indramix's Profile Photo

Camping @ Thassos

Thasos Island Jul 22, 2008 at 5:56 AM

Hi there!

Can anybody recommend me some not-to-big camp on Thassos island?
      Is it necessary to make a reservation before coming to Greece or we can just come there?

Thanks in advance :)

Indra

2 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 4:29 AM
    • asteritta's Profile Photo

Getting from Serres to Kavala

Kavala Jul 21, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Hello everybody!
      I planning a trip from Sofia to Thassos using public transport :( My research shows that the most efficient way is to break it into routese Sofia - Serres (there are busses available), Serres - Kavala and then Kavala- Thassos.
      Could anybody tell me where to find the timetable for busses from Srees to Kavala and how long the journey takes?
      Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Answers Jul 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM
    • bus route

Prefecture of Kavala Jun 25, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Hi, does anybody know about bus times/prices from Istanbul to Kavala ?

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 5:09 AM
    • profmihai's Profile Photo

Thassos July 2008

Thasos Island Jun 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Hello,
      Is anybody planning to travel to Thassos/Greece this summer? IMe and my girl friend will be there for six days in July, starting with 17.07 and we don't like to be alone. If you plan to go there this summer and looking for friends, give me a sign!

Mihai

• Holiday accommodation near Kavala

Prefecture of Kavala May 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Can anybody recommend a good two-roomed flat (for 4 persons) near Kavala eg: Nea Peramos or Iraklion? I cannot find anything really only hotels.
      All I can find is this link: peramos.info/unterkunft_en.h...

I can find a lot of accomod. on the internet in Chaldiki but not in Kavala prefecture. Any web links gratefuly received.
      Thanks
      Wojtek

• Eeriebo's Profile Photo

Kavala - Panagia hill

Prefecture of Kavala May 25, 2008 at 4:26 AM

Hi all,
      have a question concerning the exact route/i mean street/ to reach the castle in Panagia hill in Kavala. Im going in few days in Kavala but want to b prepared in advance as I am not travelling alone but with a group. Been before in Kavala, but never climbed the hill to reach the castle. Have a detailed map of Kavala and would like to know which street to take so i can go to the castle..Looking at the map i see that from port i can take the street Kountouriotou and then continue along th. poulidou / the imaret remains on my right side/, passing by mehmet ali`s house and continue to castle..is this route reasonable or you can suggest me something better? also would like to know where exactly is located the main entrance of the castle?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Regards,
      A