Prefecture of Chios

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help in planning to get to Terra Vibe Park for Depeche Mode concert 2017

Athens 1 hours ago

All the fieldtickets sold out so quickly in Holland that we decided to take a short holiday to Athens, to see the concert in Terra Vibe. We probably arrive on the evening of the concert at around 18:00 at our hotel, and we have to get to the Terra Vibe park (concert starts at 21:30). Preferable by bus, but we're not sure if it fits in the timetable of getting there in time? And if we should buy tickets up front (from who, where?).

Anyone able to help out here?

• oromer's Profile Photo

A day by car in Kos

Kos Oct 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM

We stay Portobello Royal hotel, west to Kardamena.
      Want to rent a car for 1 day.
      Please recomendations what to see and where to go,
      Thank you

• Ferry from Mykonos

Naxos Island Oct 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM

Coming to Naxos in September 2017 -fly into mykonos -flight due in 13:35 -what is the frequency of the ferries

Is it best to pre-book and what ferry companies operate this route

• Travelling From athens Need to get to Likoporia ? HELP !!!

Likoporia Oct 3, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Hi, Can someone help us, we will be 5 all up. 2 Adults and 3 Kids.
      Can we catch a Train From the Airport to Likopria ?

Thanks in advance

• Corfu - help with place to stay

Corfu Island Sep 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Hi there,

Hoping for your opinions on which area to stay in Corfu!

We have 4 nights in Corfu (July 9th - July 13th 2017).

We have 5 adults and 2 children (6 and 8 years old).

I have done lots of research but can't work which area to stay - it looks like there are many beautiful palces!!

What we would like:

- close to a beach

- close to tavernas

- 3-4 bedroom villa with private pool

We would also like to have a little explore of Corfu old town.

We don't need to be close to night clubs or late night bars.

Which town / area would be best, in your opinion for a group of 7 with a nice beach and nice village / tavernas?

I am wondering after a LOT of reading about Kassiopi...?

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Time on Islands & Order

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I have 8-9 days to spend on the Greek islands and I have narrowed it down to Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos. Any comments on how many days you would spend on each? Also, what order would you recommend to do them in according to ferry schedule?

• Bus x96 to airport

Piraeus Oct 9, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Can we catch the Bus X96 to the Athens Airport close to the Metro (or subway) station? Is this bus stop location the closest from Cruise Terminal A? Is this bus stop the start of the route to the airport? Can we buy tickets from the bus driver?

Many thanks

• Children's play areas

Skiathos Island Oct 4, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Hi, just wandering if there any recommendations for children. We are hoping to stay at Maria Yiannis in Troulos and although this doesnt sound very child friendly the location looks superb. Are there any outdoor play areas / parks for children.

If not i'm sure we'll be fine building sandcastles ;-)

• tourist information in chinia

Crete Island Sep 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM

We will visit chania in November during our cruise (Souda port). Where is the tourist information center to get maps and information?
      thank you

• transportation between Piraeus and Athens airport

Piraeus Oct 6, 2016 at 8:54 AM

I will go to the Athens airport from the cruise port in Piraeus in November 2016. What is the best cost-effective means of transportation? How much would cost a taxi? Is it easy to take the subway from Piraeus to go to the airport?

Thank you for your comments.

• skyeman887's Profile Photo

Walking/Historical Guide(s)

Crete Island Sep 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

I have booked a last minute holiday to Crete 11-19 Oct 16, staying in Bali, and I'm looking for a guide(s) to show me the local historical sites and possibly climb to the top of the island.

• Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Ferry Tickets

Greece Sep 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I arrive at the Athens airport around 10 am and I see that a lot of the ferries leave at 7 am for the islands. There are others that sail around 2 pm for Santorini but would get into destination port late at night which I would prefer to avoid. I therefore figured that I would stay the first night in Athens and then take the 7 am ferry the next day. My question is, can I purchase ferry tickets at the airport or can they only be purchased at Piraeus? I thought I saw on the website that you may be able to purchase online but you still need to have the tickets printed off at the port. True?

Popular Prefecture of Chios Travel Answer Locations

• lilo23lilo's Profile Photo

2 days in chios

Chios Jun 5, 2015 at 4:11 AM

i Will stay 1 night in chios. Could u recommended hotel restaurant anda night Club in there? Thanks

6 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    • Taxi from chios airport

Chios Island Aug 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM

We arrive at Chios airport on Sunday 31/8/14 at 6.30 am will there be taxis waiting to take us to Haus Fay apartments emborious. what would we be expected to pay for the fare.
      Many thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • which cruise ship stop at chios

Chios Island Jun 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM

which cruise ship stop at chios

2 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • 5 hour cruise stop in chios

Chios Island Apr 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

With only a 5 hour cruise stop in chios, what would you suggest as the most important thing to do/see

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 11:18 PM
    • Cesme to Chios ferry

Chios Island Sep 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM

What is the best ferry and price to get across from Cesme next week?

5 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • AnthonyC19's Profile Photo

Chios sightseeing

Chios Island Aug 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I want to spend a day at Chios Island arriving there with the 0930 erturk ferry on Friday 06 September 2013. In the few hours on the island (ferry departs Chios at 1800) I would like to visit Cave of Olympi, Mavra Volea beach, St Apostles Church in Pygri, Panagria Krina Church in Vavili, Noa Moni Monastery and maybe if time permits have a peep at Homer's Rock and Daskalopetra.
      How much will a taxi cost if it is hired for the day to visit all these places. Otherwise what is the alternative possible way to visit these sights, as I do not like to hire a car. I've read that buses are infrequent as since the places I want to see are scattered I will loose a lot of time.

Thanks for your assistance.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • einar49's Profile Photo

Any concerts in June/July?

Chios Island Jun 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM

We'd like to listen to some Music, folklore.

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • zenastar's Profile Photo

International Drivers License

Chios Aug 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I am from the States. Will I need an international drivers license to rent a scooter in Chios? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    • Seaside Hotel/Apartment in Karfas?

Chios Jul 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I am looking for a seaside hotel or apartment in Karfas. Anybody have any good recommendations?

I gather from these forums that Karfas is a quiet seaside town with enough tavernas to occupy your evenings. Are there any other similar towns on the island of Chios? Any similar lodging recommendations in those towns?

Many thanks.

4 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Karfas lodgings

Chios May 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I would like to stay at Karfas while on Chios island. Can anyone recommend a decently priced, clean, and simple place? I don't need a resort or huge hotel. I actually like quainter locations. All of the places I am finding online are sooooo expensive. Thanks..

5 Answers Sep 23, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Xenia Hotel????

Chios May 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Does the Xenia Hotel in HOra still exist??It was by the sea front..cannot find a number or email or site..has the name changed or does it not exist at all?/Many thxs!

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Transport options in Chios

Chios Mar 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I will be coming by ferry to Chios from Cesme, Turkey. Does anyone know if you can bring across a rental car from Turkey?
      If not, was is the best and most affordable means of transportation? Car? Motorcycle? Taxi?
      I'll have two days there and I'd like to visit Mesta and Pyrgi. I'd also like to stay somewhere other than Chios town. Please advise.

5 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Coming to Chios Oct 23, 2010

Chios Oct 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Hello, I'm arriving in Chios (The cruiseline spells it Khios) on 10/23 by cruise ship and only staying for the day. I've been reading the Chios Forum for things to see and do and didn't find an answer to my question so I decided to post them here.

We are four persons, mid 40's, we won't have a car and will not rent a scooter. We'd like to go to a beach, swim and have some local food and beer; easy peasy right? Are there beaches in the town of Chios or nearby?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • ElenaUdrea's Profile Photo

tranportation from Chios Port to Agia Markella Monastery

Prefecture of Chios Jun 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I arrive by ferry in Chios and from here I want tot arrive to Agia Markella monastery.

Can you tell me if there are buses or other public transportation possibilities?

What shall I do to get to Agia Markella monastery or Volissos?

Greetings / Elena

2 Answers Jun 13, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    • Stay in Chios town or other village on Chios

Chios Jun 6, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I will be with my bf in Chios from 18 Aug to 27 Aug. We like to stay in a place that is central and fun for night time, but not to noisy or commerical, and sitting out in the morning. Chios town seems not so pretty and a little commerical - not beautiful like other port towns (like Syros town, or Symi town). Kombos looks appealing and so does Mesta, but are they too quiet - no restaurants for night, etc, or would we need to drive to Chios town?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    • travel around Chios

Chios Oct 13, 2008 at 7:34 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Chios for one day, off a cruise ship in November. We are in our early 60's and well traveled (never been on a cruise before) We do not usually like group tours, so we thought of going off on our own. How do we get around the island to visit the villages? I am particularly interested in local arts, textiles, and folk traditions. Of course we both love local food.
      How do we hire a driver for the day? What villages do you think we should visit and where should we stop for a good local meal?
      Any suggestions welcomed.
      Andrea, Chicago

5 Answers Oct 14, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    • 1 day in Chios

Chios Sep 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Hi, we have 1 day in Chios in November while on a cruise and was wondering what the must do's were.

Karen, New Zealand

2 Answers Oct 14, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    • Bus schedules for May

Prefecture of Chios Jan 2, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Hi all,

The website is down. Anybody has the bus schedules (city and provincial buses) for May (winter schedules I guess).

Many, many thanks.

• Nightlife

Chios Jun 23, 2006 at 5:29 AM

Can somebody give an insight on nightlife of Chios please?

2 Answers Jul 22, 2006 at 4:32 AM
    • In 2 weeks to Chios

Chios Jun 19, 2005 at 1:11 PM

Just wanted to know about exchanging canadian$'s or travellers cheques in chios,greece.Any other info on Chios,where to eat,go,what to see?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 2:05 PM
    • StephanB's Profile Photo

Unique accomodations?

Prefecture of Chios Apr 9, 2005 at 8:51 PM

There isn't much info. on the accomodations on Chios. Are there guesthouses or other unique accomodations? How about some hotels with some local charm?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2005 at 11:18 PM
    • Recapturing a trip to Chios: the most representative recipes

Prefecture of Chios Jan 28, 2005 at 8:30 PM

A friend went to Europe and of all the places she went she liked Chios the best. Now we're having a dinner for her and I need to know the recipes that you think represent Chios the best. Your favorites, the ones that remind you most of Chios, the most distinctive or whatever. It's ok to list several. Thanks for your help in making this dinner work out well. If the sponsors don't want this thread to grow but are willing to help me out (they will let you know ;) you can email recipes to me at Thanks again!

2 Answers Feb 4, 2005 at 2:47 AM
    • foretopman's Profile Photo

lodging in Chios

Prefecture of Chios Jul 3, 2003 at 4:32 AM

travelling from Kavala to Chios. any suggestion where to stay there? or anything worth seeing?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2003 at 11:34 AM