VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Prefecture du Biltine

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• massot's Profile Photo

To enjoy perhaps 10 days in CHAD

Chad Jan 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM

My wife and me (around 70 y.o.) want to visit the more beautiful of this big country: probably Ennedi Plateau, perhaps the Zakouma NP... Please, may you advise about the places to visit? Which local Tours are the best? Do you think to do this travel is too hard or difficult? We live in Europe (Barcelona, Spain): to arrange the visa and papers need a lot of time? Last question. We will try to visit also the close country: Cameroon. Is it possible to cross this border?.

Thanks for any advice!
      Dr. Roma Massot, massot@comt.cat Barcelona

more
    • Points of interest-hotel accommodations

Saigon Jul 1, 2015 at 10:55 AM

I'll be in Saigon next week for 1 1/2 days . Can someone recommend points of interest and hotel accommodations - 1 night ?

2 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • my-linh's Profile Photo

Confusion about booking ticket

Saigon Nov 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Hi,
      I have never traveled to Vietnam before by myself and I was wondering, when would be a good time to purchase ticket if I were to fly on May, 2010? By the way, anyone plan on traveling around that time to Saigon, Vietnam? The more the merrier! Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM
    • fedvet's Profile Photo

Going to Saigon

Saigon Feb 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I'm taking about a 10 day trip and want to visit Bangkok and Saigon. I was stationed at Tan Son Nhut (1966-68) and would like to go onto the base to take pictures and see what its like since the 40 years since I left. Is there any problems getting onto the base? Is it a "controlled area"?? Are the barracks and buildings still standing? And I would like to stay in a safe hotel but not expensive. Any suggestions? I would also like to join a tour leaving from LAX to save money. Travel dates are still open but I want to go within the next 3 months or so.

• nizora's Profile Photo

hotel recommendation in saigon

Saigon Nov 1, 2007 at 11:47 PM

I will be in saigon for three days in January. Could anyone please advise places to stay( US100 room per night) in good location.
      Many thanks in advance.
      rob

2 Answers Nov 3, 2007 at 6:33 PM
    • bpwarne's Profile Photo

Anyone familiar with the Phu Tho area of Saigon?

Saigon Apr 20, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I will be in Saigon the month of May and would like to find the location I was stationed at in 1970. The name of the unit was RCG and it was located a couple blocks off of a street called Plantation Road. It consisted of about a half dozen buildings. There was a Catholic church nearby, the steeple of which could be seen from the rooftops of the taller buildings at RCG. It was about 1 mile from the Phu Tho Race Track, going toward Tan Son Nhut off the right hand side. There was also a BEQ on Plantation Road called the Montana and also a Navy relocation building, both within a few blocks of RCG. I believe the name of Plantation Road may now be Nguyen Van Thoai. If anyone is familiar with the area and thinks they may be of help, I would appreciate it.
      Regards,
      Bob

1 Answer Nov 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM