Portinho da Arrábida

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Layover at Lajes

Azores May 20, 2016 at 9:07 AM

I'm flying to Ponta Delgada for 6 days in November, but I have a 5 hour layover in Terciera. Can I take a short island tour with someone during this time?

more
    • What are the best things to do in Lisbon and Porto

Lisbon May 27, 2016 at 4:03 AM

I am doing a trip with a group of 5. We are young stutends (between 20 and 23). If you have any recommendations for must see/do sites, food places,places to go out, ... it would be great!
      If you know, by any chance, the cheapest way to sleep it would be useful as well

more
    • New Year's Eve Fireworks

Madeira Island May 22, 2016 at 2:33 PM

Where is the best place to watch the New Years Eve fireworks in Madeira? Sadly, a boat is not an option. Thanks!

more
    • Best location to stay

Ilha de São Miguel May 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Hello! I am interested to know where is best to book a hostel if I am visiting Sao Miguel by myself next week. I will be there for 3 days and want to hike and see as many beautiful, natural sights as I possibly can. I am debating between staying in Ponta Delgada or on the north shore by Ribeira Grande, so any recommendations on which of these towns would be closest to the best sites would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

more
    • FIQ's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to travel from Funchal

Porto Santo Island May 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Hi all!

Will be travelling to Maderia in June. Splitting our time between Porto Santo and Funchal. I have a few questions.

1. What is the cheapest way to travel from Funchal-Porto Santo?

2. From the harbour at Porto Santo, what public transport will take us to our hotel- Paraiso Dourado.

3. How busy is the Island in June?

Many Thanks! :)

more
    • FIQ's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to travel from Funchal

Porto Santo Island May 17, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Hi all!

Will be travelling to Maderia in June. Splitting our time between Porto Santo and Funchal. I have a few questions.

1. What is the cheapest way to travel from Funchal-Porto Santo?

2. From the harbour at Porto Santo, what public transport will take us to our hotel- Paraiso Dourado.

3. How busy is the Island in June?

Many Thanks! :)

more
    • Surfing for beginners - Lagos or Portimao?

Algarve May 6, 2016 at 3:37 AM

Hi all, we want to take 2 days of surfing lessons (complete beginners) next week. Still have not decided where to do it, Lagos and Portimao – any advice? (how long is the drive to the beaches, how are wave conditions for beginners, and quality of surf schools)

more
    • HOW TO GET FROM PONTA DELGADA TO LAGOA

Ponta Delgada May 23, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Hello. We are going to visit Sao Miguel at the end of may with my friends. We want to travel by bus. We have found how can we get to Ponta Delgada from airport. It must be not difficult according to busstwitter:
      bustwitter.jimdo.com/2016/05...
      But we need some informations how to get from delgada to Lagoa. Can someone tell us what bus number operates to this place and it`s timetable? Thank you so much!!!

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurants and cafes near rua de Tenis.

Albufeira May 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I booked a room at Vila Emilia. It is located at rua de Tenis. Could anybody suggest some good restaurants and a cafe or confectionery to have breakfast not far from rua de Tenis?

Thanks!

more
    • Boattrip albufeira

Algarve May 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hey everybody!

Me and My partner are looking for a nice, all day boattrip with not too many people for this thursday. Anyone knows something nog too touristic?

Obrigado!

more
    • Warning issued over weekend flooding?

Algarve May 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi, I just read about heavy rains in Southern Portugal (The Portugal’s National Civil Protection Authority (ANPC) said historically vulnerable areas - such as Lisbon, Faro and Albufeira - could flood again because of the amount of rain expected).
      I am travelling to Lisbon and Algarve in a few days – how bad is the flooding? Thanks!

more
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Interrail.eu

Portugal May 28, 2016 at 7:30 AM

Hello folks
      Any experience, feedback about
      Interrail.eu?
      Recommended trails?
      Thanks in advance,
      Avi

more
    • dahowarduk's Profile Photo

Botanical Gardens

Madeira Island May 15, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Can you walk from Monte to the Botanical Gardens?
      Then can you get a cable-car back to Monte before getting another cable-car back to Funchal?

more
    • NorKajakk's Profile Photo

Where to buy a Kayak...

Azores May 13, 2016 at 9:18 AM

I'll will travel for a few month to the Azores. Can't take my kayak with me. Where can I find kayak dealer on the archipelago, with a website so I can order or reserve forehand?

Yes, I love my kayaking :)

Thanks for any tip,

Didier

more
    • travelinxs's Profile Photo

Ponte Luis 1 Bridge

Porto May 27, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Hi people,

Does anyone know if it is possible to cycle or push a bike over this bridge? My bike is very heavy (approx. 65kg) so difficult to carry up lots of steps. Coming from the south into the city.

Many thanks
      Chris

more
    • valeriebruce's Profile Photo

1week in the azores

Azores May 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM

HI !
      I am planning a week in the azores end september.
      I Would love to surf, see wales, beaches and small hike.
      What would be best ? Any advice ?
      Stay in Sao Miguel and then do Pico or Sao Jorge ?
      How to travel ? Any advice ? Nice tours ?
      Thanks so much !!

more
    • Nine Days in Portugal

Portugal May 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM

Hi everyone,

I am asking this for a friend and her family and would really appreciate your advice.

They will be taking an 11 day vacation in Portugal, including travel days, in early August, and are planing to spend the 9 full days they have in the Lisbon area so they do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. They would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.

Should they stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should they stay in to make it easier to visit the places they want to see?

Another option I recommended was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.

As well, any other day trips they should consider?

Thank you so much.

Andrea

more
    • Yumipyon's Profile Photo

Mardid to Lisbon

Lisbon May 14, 2016 at 2:08 AM

Hi, everyone!

I am just wondering if you can help...

We are thinking to go to Lisbon for our holiday but we want to go from Madrid. I know there is a bus, train, and rent a car option beside flying.

We are keen to do bus/train/ rent a car to have look at both Spain and Portugal. However, we don't speak Spanish or Portuguese so we want to make sure it is easy enough to go around without language problem!

Is it easy to drive in Spain to Portugal? Or is it safe to go by train/bus?

Thanks for your help!

Yumipyon

more
    • StevenC29's Profile Photo

Been driven mad by ALSA website for travel between :Lisbon and Sevilla

Lisbon May 12, 2016 at 10:28 PM

www.alsa.es/en/home

The ALSA website is not working for me. To buy a ticket I have to put in my postcode. It rejects this. It asks for "a five figure postcode" - which it also rejects

I feel the need to speak with them. Can anyone provide me with their phone number??

Cheers

Steve Cassidy

more

Accomodation not far from the center.

Albufeira May 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I am checking various hotels in Albufeira these days. It is tricky for me to know where to find a hotel which is not far from the center of this town. Any help?

I' d also like some suggestion for a hotel or guest house there. I can spend around 40 euros per night. Maybe a bit more.

Thanks!

more
    • Warning Refuge Santa Marta Hostel in Lisbon

Lisbon 11 hours ago

I was very excited when i arrived to Lisbon but unfortunately the following frustrating situation happened

I have made a reservation for 4 nights at hostel: refuge santa marta and I have informed by e-mail that I will be arriving late on 24th May 2016 (around 11 45 pm) due to my 9 hrs flight all the way from Egypt. I arrived on 1:05 am to the hostel and I called the owner by phone because the door was closed he said your room is booked and the reservation is canceled because you were late. I told him I came all the way from Egypt and its my first time in Lisbon and I got lost in addition to the fact that it was raining and i had to move slowly. Now all the money for the whole 4 nights has been withdrawn from my credit card (145 euros) and I was left on the street at 1 am in the morning

Add to that the manager lied to me that the room is already booked but when i checked at that time i found there is an available room which totally clears his bad intentions in just stealing my money without giving me any service. and he only notified me in the mail to inform about the check in time without mentioning anything about the cancellation.
      He states that i was looking for another place and that's why i didn't come on time, WHY ON EARTH !!! will i be searching for another place to stay at 1.00 am while i know that in case i cancelled my booking all the money will be withdraw-ed from me.

this ruined my vacation and I just wanted to alert others to avoid such bad experIence

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

What's the name of this navigation device?

Portugal May 13, 2016 at 7:09 AM

I saw these in several places - forgot the name, to read more about this.

(Ignore the Hebrew text on the file).

more
    • giaht's Profile Photo

Sugestion for Algrave, Portugal

Portugal May 2, 2016 at 8:24 AM

Dear members,

As i m indecisive which town to stay, i would love to see what you guy sugest to me!

Will land to Faro & would love to stay 3 days in this area...
      Lagos seem too far!
      Albufeira seem to much people, & for young crow.

I will going with my mother who is 68, i m looking for some quiet beachtown.
      my trip will be algrave(3days)-beja(1day)-evora(2 days)-lisbon(2 days- as i was here like 3 times).

thank for your help?
      Gia

more
    • Portugal to France by public transportation

Portugal May 14, 2016 at 2:53 AM

Hello folks. I am in Lisbon now, with luggage. I would like to see a few more beautiful places - there is certainly a choice - and then go on to the south of France (Montpellier). It is a rather long journey. One thought was go to to Santiago de Compostela - which I want to see - but then it is a very long train journey to Hendaye, arriving after 11 pm. That is difficult. Looking at the map, I could angle up through several interesting towns. Does anyone know of good train service through Spain that could get me to the south of France fast? (Not Barcelona, please) Once I am in the French train system I am fine. Thanks so much, Jean

more

Metro from the airport.

Lisbon May 18, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Can you go from the airport to the city center by tube?

more